IGNORED

Anyone collect Tiger lcd games?

Dripfree

I collect handheld games in general hints my name... Check out my youtube channel for videos on all my handheld games. I will be posting a collevyion video soon so please subscribe to my channell ans spread the word http://www.youtube.com/user/handheldgamefan89

Here's pics of my collection (a little outdated but most are there:

attachicon.gifcollection pic 1.jpgattachicon.gifcollection pic 2.jpgattachicon.gifcollection pic 3.jpgattachicon.gifcollection pic 4.jpgattachicon.gifcollection pic 5.jpgattachicon.gifcollection pic 6.jpgattachicon.gifcollection pic 7.jpg

AWESOME!! That's the first time I've seen a game wizard in someone elses collection. (bottom right yellow system in the top left pic) I have five different ones, and they each came with three games and as near as I could tell, they were all excellent games.

I also liked the little tiny "gameboy" looking games, all good, but were remakes of older games (so they would be) MGA (I think) Just to bad they took something like 2 G13 (buttoncell) batteries, so for the most part, once they died, I never got more batteries for them....but they lasted for years, even still. Tetris was my favorite, and one of the better ones of the mini gameboy styled games, and even one of the better ones compared to the other tetris handhelds of the time.

• 3 months later...

There is supposedly also a talking Die Hard game by Tiger, which I would like to find, but I am sure the catch phrase would be truncated to a disappointing "yipee ki yay".

really?

if anyone has 'Goldeneye' 'Transformers Generation 2' 'GI Joe' ill pay over $100 for each send me a PM

Edited by TomHanks

I was collecting coleco tabletop and other VFD tabletop games for some time. I picked up a Tiger Electronics Metal Gear which is very fun but also very loud! If I can recommend one LCD game it would be the Zelda Game and Watch. It's brilliant with the dungeon on the bottom screen and a boss battle on the top.

I've often thought of collecting them. Not just Tiger brand ones, but also Acclaim and Konami brand ones. The only reason I'd collect them is because I grew up with them and would want them as nostalgia hits, not because I find them THAT fun. Much like the AVGN said in his review of them, EVERYONE had them back in the day, on the school bus or at lunch or whenever we'd be swapping to play other peoples games that we didn't have, because you probably only had at most 4-5 games yourself, and it seemed like everyone had one you didn't have. The prices on them are RIDICULOUS though, and I know that unlike Atari games or Genesis games or whatever, these will be played with very little and will end up being just a decorative element. Many times I've considered getting the Double Dragon game by Tiger. I had that game as a kid and LOVED it. Unfortunately some crap batteries that I left in it too long leaked out and ruined it and it got trashed, and I can't justify $30 for a new one that will be played maybe once or twice a year. There are so many more that look awesome too, but I know will get played very little. Mainly I like the idea of so many games I grew up playing having their artwork slathered on the shape/design that in my mind still represents turning a long car ride or a visit to a boring relative into a chance to keep playing games! I have a handful now, the ones I grew up with, and I have a hard time parting with, but I see them hitting eBay any day now to further my Sega/Atari collecting fund since all they do is gather dust.

Double Dragon is unfortunately long gone, but I still have The Simpsons: Cupcake Crisis, TMNT 2: Splinter Speaks, Donkey Kong 3 (Micro VS System), and Zelda. I never had Zelda growing up and picked it up cheap at a flea market. The guy said he "didn't know if it worked or not" which I knew pretty much meant it didn't work. I picked it up because even if it didn't work, it was a nice piece of Zelda history and I figured if it didn't work I could maybe fix it. Sure enough it didn't work... right away... but all it took was a little bending of the battery contacts and it was as working like a charm. I will say it IS one of the better LCD games I ever played, but it still gets played only about once every 6 months to a year. I also had this... thing... it was an LED game shaped like a stadium that had I think 7 different games programmed in it. It had controls on opposite sides so you could play against the CPU or another player and you would slide overlays in and out of it for whatever game you were playing. It was pretty big and not very portable, but it was something my uncle handed down to me and it got played somewhat as well. Not sure whatever happened to that...

Some other games I have fond memories of are NARC (acclaim), Blades of Steel (konami), & TMNT 1 & 3 (konami).

*Of yeah, I also have an LCD Battleship that a girl I used to date had it kinda ended up in with my stuff after we broke up. That game is awesome too.

And here is the "stadium" game I was referring to.

Sears-7in1SportsBox.jpg

Edited by Torr

I still have a bunch at my parents. I took the batteries out of them about ten years ago. A few of the batteries had leaked. That always sucked to find. I did not see anyone bring up the tiger games that tried to include power up cards you could swipe like credit cards. I think i had a Mortal Kombat game that sucked.

Nah. Canadian shipping rates are ridiculous and like I said before I see myself selling the few I have soon.

I wish that Pica-Pic site would update with some new games. Double Dragon in particular! The Terminator game on there is pretty cool. Never played that one back in the day. The weapon swapping mechanic changes it from a basic Space Invaders style game into something more challenging.

Edited by Torr

here a list of ones I need if you have them

'Dinosaurs'

'Goldeneye'

'Transformers Second Generation'

'GI Joe StarBridge'

'Saved by the Bell'

and Torr you know I messaged the pica-pic admin and told hi I had 100's of handhelds to remake and he said that site was just for fun and they are a art company and don't have time for 100's of remakes

I recently found a new, unopened (still in that impossible-to-open hard plastic packaging) Panzer Dragoon LCD handheld at Goodwill. I forget if Sega actually made it or if it was licensed, but it's still pretty cool (not like it matters, I'll never play it anyway). And probably cheaper than the Saturn version. :-D

• 2 months later...

Are there any Tiger Handheld repair experts here? Actually, I just need to put one back together. Long story short, I picked up a Sonic one for $0.50, but it wasn't working. I decided to clean it and took it apart with the intention of keeping track of how it went together, however...I dropped the damn thing on the floor :P

I looked on Google and Youtube for repairs or an exploded diagram, but came up dry. The part I'm unsure of is the LCD polarized part of the display.

Tiger Handheld (Sonic)_insides

Tiger Handheld (Sonic)_front

Starting with the front face #1 and building face down, I'm pretty sure that the next piece in order is the polarized piece #2. There is a small puncture in the screen that just barely poked the #2 polarized filter so I can line those up. I marked the punctures with tiny red arrows. I'm not sure what's next though. Anyone have any ideas or online resources?

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...