IGNORED

Just got my Atari 7800

reliant73

Hi All,

I recently bought an Atari 7800 (PAL) off a NZ Auction site. I was very happy to find it on my door step this morning :)

It's it great condition and had obviously been really well looked after :) So I am extremely happy.

post-36826-0-06291600-1379478131_thumb.jpgpost-36826-0-94945600-1379478134_thumb.jpgpost-36826-0-45963900-1379478138_thumb.jpgpost-36826-0-48928000-1379478142_thumb.jpgpost-36826-0-19235000-1379478146_thumb.jpgpost-36826-0-40889200-1379478149_thumb.jpgpost-36826-0-07464300-1379478156_thumb.jpg

I have some games on the way too so looking forward to getting those :) and have also ordered some of the US style controllers just for completeness :)

Just trying to decide if I should mod it to work with composite outputs or not?

Cheers

Reliant73

Edited by reliant73
  • Like 4

Oh, look at that. Very nice! Now, make me jealous and tell me how much you paid, if one may ask. :)

Hey, how do you find the gamepads? I picked one up because my daughter couldn't stand the joysticks and I never really felt like it was...good. I often get spurious inputs in incorrect directions. (Up along with right, down instead of left, you get the idea.) Do you experience this, too?

Thanks I'm pretty stoked. I paid about $90 in US Dollars which might seem like too much but it is in fantastic condition and they are hard to come by in New Zealand unless you buy from overseas. The game pads seem ok but I haven't had a really good play with them yet.

So looking at the composite mods there seem to be a few though this one looks nice and simple though it does not preserve the RF output:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300592126324?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Are there any others I should consider?

Cheers

Rel

I think it also disconnects the RF, but why would you want that?

Why, to show to your kids of course, as you mutter things about ten-mile marches to school in the snow, having to go uphill both ways, etc.

What...? You mean I'm the only one who does that...? :)

• Like 1

$90 USD is definitely a great deal for it all boxed and wrapped up like that. I paid significantly more than that for mine, though the one I bought was heavily modded out of the box. I recommend the composite mod too. I have it on mine and while I did have to crack the hood and tinker with it a bit, the colors are sharp and vibrant. This is a lovely system that was underappreciated in its time. Word of warning though, the US controllers stink. Your euro gamepads are leaps and bounds better than what we got here in the states.

have also ordered some of the US style controllers just for completeness :)

Wow, someone with the proper controllers to begin with, is actually ordering prolines. What color is the sky in bizarro world? ;)

j/k its a great score and you'll love this system. Great arcade ports, which is what it's all about. Enjoy

Edited by AtariLeaf