IGNORED

What is the Worst Game you Ever Bought?

Classic Pac

For full price 'back in the day,' Master of Orion 3 comes right to mind.

They did two very good ones before it, so I bought it pretty much as a reflex.

It wouldn't have been hard to have made it great--just copy one of the earlier games and make it prettier.

That's all I wanted.

I still play MOO2 every so often.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

What game you actually paid money for that later turned in to a huge pile of elephant droppings?

Me it was Super Hylide - Genesis Which almost turned me off of RPGs forever.

For me, it was any game on Sega CD or Sega 32X that was literally a carbon copy of the Genesis version, save for better music or more colors. I mean, seriously, couldn't the game companies have put SOME EFFORT into those releases? Give me an extra level, extra characters, extra something...to justify spending $60 over the $30 Genesis version...

- Ash

TALES FROM THE GAME ROOM

Frogger for the Intellivision - back in the day. I was a big fan of the arcade game. I have a love for games with good background music.

As the Intellivision had great sound capabilities I had (wrongly) assumed that the background music would play during the game. I was so disappointed when I got the game home only to discover that there was just a brief bit of music and then nothing "in game".

I tried to return the game the next day but the store wouldn't take it back. I ended up trading it (along with Tron Maze-A-Tron) for another game at a different store.

Dark Castle for Genesis. Bought it new from Babbages and promptly exchanged it for Starflight, which rocks. Dark Castle was designed for a mouse.

I actually liked Super Hydlide enough to play it to the end boss. I appreciated how they tried to switch up the game play so it didn't rely on ambush encounters. I also liked how they tried to make the tile-based graphics more organic. The game was a good effort but it could have used some polish, for sure.

• Like 3

This is tough for me. I don't think I can count the shovel ware I bought for the C64 as it was always dirt cheap and mostly decent. They had so many space shooters with odd graphics.

Worst could be Knight Rider on the NES but as I paid 2 dollars I hate to even consider it. Do we factor in price?

I have it, worst game that I paid money for would be Toki Tori 2. Some people love it, I HATE it. It's one of those games that has poor direction so you end up wandering around a lot.

One of the Batman games for NES. It was about $70, which was a big chunk of change in college - I really wanted an action/platformer and it seemed like it had it all, with the driving levels and everything. Truth be told, it probably wasn't *that* bad, but it was so far below my expectations - especially considering the price - that I have to rate it "worst game I ever bought."

The only thing that comes imediately to mind is Shipwreckers on the original PlayStation. I was expecting ship-to-ship combat; what I got was a puzzle game. :(

(Dis)Honourable mention goes to Airlock on the 2600. I did not buy it myself, but I persuaded a friend to purchase it, and I then borrowed it from him.

BITD, would have to be 2600 Starfox - was dirt cheat at KayBee, but still. What a turd.

In modern times, I'd have to say something along the lines of Lego Indiana Jones or that MMORPG Star Wars game, where you were just wandering around. Blech!

OR any driving game that has you button mashing to get past all of its silly options before you can friggin' race already! :mad: :lol:

• Like 1