IGNORED

Surf's Up

walter_J64bit

• 1 month later...

Here you go.

attachicon.gifSurf's Up.xex

Well,

this file version has only two of the original 3 levels, yes it is missing one level !! Thus, I did send Homesoft the original bootdisk-version and he created a full file-version with all 3 levels, available here: http://www.mushca.com/f/atari/index.php?dl=402

-Andreas Koch.

• Thanks 1

Well,

Surf`s Up once was a commercial game - released as freeware by one of the authors later (along with a description of the game and an explanation that it is freeware now for all to enjoy). In the freeware version you can see the original vendor/publisher logo for a glimpse of a second, then the text "presents... Surf`s Up" appears; while in the commercial version the vendor/publisher logo was fully visible...

-Andreas Koch.

• 6 years later...

Dug this game out again.  I have had it for years.  The graphics are great.  Music is constant....constant.    I cannot for the life of me figure out how to play this game (yes, I printed the instructions), I wipe out almost every time on the backside of the waves.  Anyone?

Yes, it's a hard game, hard enough to make you want to throw your joystick, but don't, because it's also addictive and makes you want to give it one more go and try and master those waves. It's been a favorite of mine for years, but I still suck at it.

On 11/22/2013 at 12:58 PM, snicklin said:

How was this game never a commercial game?

Interesting isn't it. I *think* this was a Jeffery Stanton creation. He showed it off at one of our User Group meetings in about 1985. It wowed the crowd at its brilliance. He went on to write the Graphics and Arcade game design book that, along with Atari Roots and De-Re (and the Tom Hudson Analog) Tutorials can turn any decent basic programmer into a full fledged hardcore 8bit game developer for the Atari computers 

Edited by jefffulton
typos