IGNORED

Controllers

t.skid

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1250&item=3008894188&rd=1

:o  Wow! I don't think that auction for two standard controllers could end so high! I mean, I won one of it, and it closed at 9.99.

Give me a break, I'm sorry for the guy that won. Doesn't he know there are boxes and boxes and boxes of these poly-bag controllers????

Oh well....

Jason

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1250&item=3008894188&rd=1

:o  Wow! I don't think that auction for two standard controllers could end so high! I mean, I won one of it, and it closed at 9.99.

Give me a break, I'm sorry for the guy that won. Doesn't he know there are boxes and boxes and boxes of these poly-bag controllers????

Oh well....

Jason

Now... if they were BOXED controllers maybe they might be worth something more.

I'm still waiting on mine to arrive...  :ponder:

I ordered the new Procontroller years back when the one I had been using for so long started to act flaky. I thought it would crap out and placed an order with VGLQ. Then the one I had been using mysteriously started working. So... with no need for the new one I put it away and forgot I had it until just a while ago. When I discovered it I was like "COOL!" and it was great!

I need to get my mom a CreditCard... Or my Brother... So I can use paypal. But all they can think of "OOOH NO PAYING OVER INTERNET.... SCARY AND SPOOKY!!!! WHO KNOWS WHAT THEY DO WITH IT???? AHHHH SPOOKY!!!". Damn I hate that!

I need to get my mom a CreditCard... Or my Brother... So I can use paypal. But all they can think of "OOOH NO PAYING OVER INTERNET.... SCARY AND SPOOKY!!!! WHO KNOWS WHAT THEY DO WITH IT???? AHHHH SPOOKY!!!". Damn I hate that!

I've bought so much stuff over the internet using my credit card it's ridiculous. Tell them there is absolutely NOTHING to worry about.

Jason

Strange how it works, isn't it? Until I hit 18 (recently) I had terrible problems; even if I hand them the cash and ask them to put stuff on their credit cards they still think it's OK to 'vet' whatever it is I want to spend *my* money on :x

They seem to have stopped caring now, however :D

Stone

I've bought so much stuff over the internet using my credit card it's ridiculous. Tell them there is absolutely NOTHING to worry about.

Jason

Me too.... I've bought more stuff over the 'net than most people. We're talking very large purchases too, since we're dealing with all the pieces and parts we need to build BattleSphere and ScatBoxes.

You know the only time I ever got my credit card ripped off? It was a record store employee at a local mall who memorized the number when she was cashing up my purchases. She went and ordered hundreds of dollars of crap from "Fredricks of Hollywood" and places like that. The only time I got caught was she tried to order something and send it to Canada and the merchant checked the address with the credit card company and they called me and asked if it was okay to process that order. I said "NO WAY!". When I inquired about other purchases recently they listed all this junk. I had to cancel the card and get a new number. The dumbass who stole it had stuff shipped to her own apartment so they nabbed her for the stolen card numbers she was using.

Of course I got "Fredricks" catalogs and assorted junk in the mail for YEARS after that!

So, you're no safer in the mall than on the 'net.

Hmm - I bought my only ProController on ebay for about $30 plus shipping maybe a year or so ago. I thought that was adecent price, but I didn't think they were that hard to get...

I really like it too. I thought the original controllers were actually pretty comfy to hold, but the Pro is about a half-inch slimmer and a little lighter-feeling.

Not too many games take good advantage of the buttons: BS, Missile Command 3D, ... :?

If you can get one for a decent price they are definitely a good addition to your Jaguar.

Hmm - I bought my only ProController on ebay for about $30 plus shipping maybe a year or so ago.  I thought that was adecent price, but I didn't think they were that hard to get...

I really like it too.  I thought the original controllers were actually pretty comfy to hold, but the Pro is about a half-inch slimmer and a little lighter-feeling.  

Not too many games take good advantage of the buttons: BS, Missile Command 3D, ...   :?  

If you can get one for a decent price they are definitely a good addition to your Jaguar.

The extra fire buttons make BS play so much easier. I especially like the ability to select weapons with the buttons and also the shoulder buttons for rolling!

Hmm - I bought my only ProController on ebay for about $30 plus shipping maybe a year or so ago.  I thought that was adecent price, but I didn't think they were that hard to get...

I really like it too.  I thought the original controllers were actually pretty comfy to hold, but the Pro is about a half-inch slimmer and a little lighter-feeling.  

Not too many games take good advantage of the buttons: BS, Missile Command 3D, ...   :?  

The extra fire buttons make BS play so much easier. I especially like the ability to select weapons with the buttons and also the shoulder buttons for rolling!

I couldn't agree more, I always have the ProController hooked up when I play BS. :)

Jason

Agreed. I especially like the convenience of being able to immediately reduce or increase my speed to one quarter power w/ the left shoulder button.

Also, the Y button for choosing Homing Missles in a hurry. This is more a necessity when it's you against a convoy of incoming Sebab or Intruders. 8)

Also, the Y button for choosing Homing Missles in a hurry. This is more a necessity when it's you against a convoy of incoming Sebab or Intruders. 8)

I don't use the homing missiles that often where I want to switch to them rapidly. I tend to save them for as long as possible because they absolutely RULE at taking out those pesky pilots later in the levels when they are bobbing and weaving in and out all the time. Man they are hard to hit with lasers!

Procontrollers are great, but they are sooooo rare.

I'm super glad I bought my two when I did. As soon as I got them, I've never seen them for sale since...

:sad:

I have three (as seen in my pic under "show me your collection"), one I bought back in the day for the regualar retail price, IIRC 24.95, the second one I picked up on E-bay for $19.95 and the third, still new in the box, I got from E-bay for 29.95 (a GOATARI auction). So they can be had for decent prices if you look, and I don't think they are quite as rare as people think, or SOME dealers WANT you to think...obviously more rare than standard one, but not THAT rare!

But then, this just shows that you do take your chances on E-bay(what the guy payed for those standard controllers); I recently bid on a "tweety board" stereo upgrade for my ST, bid $15.00, lost to someone who bid over $20, then I saw it on B&C's sight for $9.95! (which I am ordering). The moral of the story is to check dealer prices and stock before bidding on E-bay!

I don't use the homing missiles that often where I want to switch to them rapidly. I tend to save them for as long as possible because they absolutely RULE at taking out those pesky pilots later in the levels when they are bobbing and weaving in and out all the time. Man they are hard to hit with lasers!

Agreed. Those pilots are difficult to destroy... especially if your a little too close. Becomes impossible to get a bead on them with the repeated shots they fire. I tend to stay just out of their firing range and pick them off with my lasers. A little unfair to them, but AAtE on Minter difficulty with no allies is seriously challenging! I can't afford to use my Homing Missles on the pilots since they're lasers do less damage to me and my dwindling number of starbases. :D

I think docking for supplies reduces your score at the end so I try to save missles for the more destructive races! There's nothing like realizing your almost out of missles after warping to a new sector and hearing that Developer Race theme and knowing the end is near. :D