IGNORED

master 6801

chart45

ok now using 2 62256 ram game load play nice but thant crash or sound bug

3D2EA1A4-37D6-4AF1-9A94-E5170CC754AF-910

probably because the breadbord but if someone have an idea ???

i ordered a 64k chip to replace the 32k should do hope so

5-11 can i have your opignion please

Of course your Colecovision will crash!!!

In the memory space there is space only for 24K of RAM, so you need only one 62256 (32K RAM)

To reduce noise put a bypass capacitor 0.1 mf between VCC and GND of RAM, so short as possible.

To test the memory use this little program I wrote for Super Game Module: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/211871-sgm-test-rom/?do=findComment&comment=2748035

Edited by nanochess

ok tomorow ill get the capacitor... but when im using only 1 62256 the game

load but is slow and lot of glitch.. when i put 2 62256 and using 2 i/0 for one of the z80 game running perfec until i die then problem start.

just tu be sure should i use only the 62256 or i should use something else and again im not electronic dude i do what you guys telling me and what i find on google so if i need something else tell me and i know i need a sgm but i cant get one

thanks again to you guys and all of you who try to help me in that project

Edited by chart45

ok here's the result of the ram test

D3C74C10-6AF4-43DD-9FA8-CBFCDD9B90AB-162

failure in the lower 8k

this is the y3 i think should i AND it alone and leave y2 and y1 together

The test is designed for the Super Game Module, you've right the 24K part, congrats!

The 8K part will never work because it's used by the BIOS, so don't worry, ignore it.

And yes, use only one memory 62256, the number is right. As 5-11under said, you should try to use shorter cables and use a perforated board and solder a socket for the memory.

The test is designed for the Super Game Module, you've right the 24K part, congrats!

The 8K part will never work because it's used by the BIOS, so don't worry, ignore it.

And yes, use only one memory 62256, the number is right. As 5-11under said, you should try to use shorter cables and use a perforated board and solder a socket for the memory.

for sure I'll use a board and solder everything this was just to know if it was possible to do it now I will work on a pcb for the chip is there something else I should know before doing it like the capacitors

and juste another thing when I remove y2 or y3 don't remember your software detect the sgm module so is it possible to play game design for the sgm without the sound chip

ok tight some connection on the breadboard and now work perfectly thank to all of you

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll183/chart45/F65F3028-3E0B-44D8-95C2-1F05DE17EE99-16416-000009021204C964_zpsff3d1ae4.mp4

now ill try to do something clean

Pretty impressive! Congrats! :)

I'm still expecting my SGM to play my cartridges of Zaxxon Supergame, Thexder and Dragon's Lair.

It looks like nano beat me to it. Yes, you should be able to try Zaxxon and Dragon's Lair now, and they should be fine. The SGM is able to switch between BIOS and RAM for the lower 8K, but you don't need that.

the sgm have is own cpu an bios ???

if yes is it possible to replace one of the adam to the opcode 32k bios

• 4 years later...

Trying to understand the context of this thread. Is this a plan for chip replacement on motherboard to integrate SGM functionality for homebrew games?

at that time Ed was mia and i wanted to play sgm game ... i didnt know fuck all about z80 and address decoding so they help me to add 24k ram to my coleco...