IGNORED

a broken TI99 dvd video... any help to found it again ?

ti99iuc

Hi !
i purchased some years ago this DVD video on USA ebay .
now it won't play on any of my computer... after playing 15 minutes it freeze...
the DVD is perfect and clean... so it have no physical problems, it is not scratched or dirty

maybe some one have a copy please ?

post-24673-0-52491500-1380571541_thumb.jpg

post-24673-0-95320500-1380572414_thumb.jpg

looking backlight, i can read Optimum DVD-R 4.7Gb, and the fron picture is a sticker, not printed.... i tried with three different programs... after 3 hours it stopped at 12% ...

i tried with a recover software for DVD too... but no lucky

:_( :_(

Edited by ti99userclub

The problem is the newer software OS will not access the DVD properly.

I have some CD's that were created with Windows 95 and 98SE so the only programs that will consistently read them properly is those OS.

Also I have a couple of old CD and DVD players that are in storage for this problem.

When I put these really old CDs in my current computer they just spin and I can not read or copy them.

But put them in the old computers with the old Disc drives and I can read them.

Rich

• Like 1

A lot of the older burning software did some trickery to work; there was not real followed standard for user-created content. As well, some drives just flat out of problems reading some burned media. Like Rich said, put that old disc in an older drive and there is a better chance it will work.

There is also the chance that the media was just crap to start, or was burned crappily. Back in the olden days, we would burn some discs are slower speeds to get them more readable. I have read contradicting information about this working or not working, but in my experience it does work -- for instance, burning discs for my Amiga CD32 I have to slow it down to 12x or lower.

Burn media also rots over time.

• Like 1

Further to what Old CS1 said there -- cheap recordable CD/DVDs are only rated for about 5-10 years, then they start to decay. I would suspect that is what has happened here.

Recovery of most of it may be possible... you might just have to try to get a DVD rip program to ignore errors and copy what it can?

• Like 1

I would recommend use Windows 2000 and a really old PC with a really old DVD player.

Download a really old DVD player software (older the better) then make a ISO image you can transfer to a newer PC to work with.

ok, thank you for the suggestion friends :)

i will try to read and save the video using an old computer... now i found some old computers with win 2000 and win 98, i will try in next days to save this video...

but i hope i am not the only man to have purchased this DVD video... maybe some hard collector like mr. fetzner could have it and if it's working could be good to have a copy ;)

yes, it's a Video DVD with ti99 contents...

these are some of the screen shots of the first 15 minutes...

i am converting a lot of video from videocassette and some older DVD and i will put all the contents on my youtube channel to condivide with all 99ers...

i hope to save this one too :)

post-24673-0-88550800-1380733576_thumb.jpg post-24673-0-15105000-1380733593_thumb.jpg post-24673-0-21686000-1380733605_thumb.jpg post-24673-0-88051100-1380733616_thumb.jpg

in the DVD there are 4 files of 1gb each one... i saved the 3th and 4th... but 1st and 2nd want read still... :(

i must still try with an older DVD and computer with win98 or msdos...

Edited by ti99userclub

Can you show us what the DVD itself looks like? Maybe we can tell if there is some kind of imperfection.

I realize it is a long round-trip, but I have had very good results recovering from various media. I would be happy to give it a shot if you are willing to send it to me.

• Like 1

I realize it is a long round-trip, but I have had very good results recovering from various media. I would be happy to give it a shot if you are willing to send it to me.

thanky ou for your offer... i will do a last try using some old computer with windows 98 or windows 2000 and some old DVD reader... if i will have not luck i will ship it to you for sure ;)