IGNORED

Hover Bovver Boxes & Overlays

A sense of humor can cure the ills of the world ... LOVE the new avatar pic, BTW! Super Pro Nordic, indeed!

I honestly believe that Groovy will deliver, but it just may be on his time schedule and not ours. It's not uncommon to have homebrew delays as most retro programmers have a day job and lives. In fact, I seem to remember other developers here pushing back their publishing dates from time to time. The difference here is, obviously, that items were prepaid. Personally, I DO think that was a mistake on Groovy's part, especially since this was his first foray into the Inty. Regardless, I believe the games are coming, it's just a matter of when.

So... do we know if anyone has asked for money back or if he'd even do it? I wouldn't mind having my two games' worth back.

So, is anyone asking for a rocketeer and mars mini refund going to re-buy it later?

just curious.

I personally paid for 6 of each of those games and have no intention of getting a refund. Groovy will deliver, there is no doubt.

Dont let the HB problems let you "choose sides".

I have done my best not to take sides in this matter as I think both parties are good for the intellivision community and I like both. It is just very unfortunate that this game never came to the market for whatever reason.

now im off to practice my wankering skills!

• Like 4

That when a person does the kickstarter thing they pre pay and do not recieve a product.

or does kickstarter not charge your card or something? I never used KS.

My understanding is that you don't get charged unless it is succesful.......and no, I won't "re-buy". I will let you have my order if you wish Rev?

My understanding is that you don't get charged unless it is succesful

As far as I know your credit card is charged immediately after funding and you (should) get your money back if its not succesful. But even if your card is charged after Kickstarter was successful, the game is not finished. Success just means the financial goal is reached, it tells you nothing about when you get the final game. So its pretty the same as in the case of Rocketeer, you pay before the game is done and have to wait until its done.

• Like 1

The way I see it, we all got ripped off.

we all put money up front and there is clearly no game on the way. how can anyone say differently with no game on the horizon?

It has been so long I almost forgot about the money! now, I am just enjoying the whole what happens next thing. will it or will it not happen?

@ mjarnold

Thats your good right. But I dont say Kickstarter guarantees a refund, not even Kickstarter says this ;) May read a bit about Kickstarter before funding something. To the other part: Its exactly the same. There is a game in development, but the developer cant (or wont) take the financial risk by its own. There is NOTHING condemnable about getting his projects prepaid. To be honest, I am surprised that this is so new in the Intellivision homebrew world. As people (like cmart, like rev) mentioned: Plenty of homebrews are prepaid and many of them get released delayed. Its up to everyone if he buys such a game in the future or not, but its confusing if you say "and will not prepay for an unfinished game again....." when you want to fund Defender of the Crown. Dont get me wrong, I really appreciate it if you fund the game, because I want it to be a success, but I hope you understand that you are PREPAYING a game and may have to wait a while til its done :)

@ wolfy

It will happen. Believe in revs words: No question if, just a question when.

By the way: Nice plot twist in this thread :grin:

Edited by Ignorama

Thats your good right. But I dont say Kickstarter guarantees a refund, not even Kickstarter says this ;) May read a bit about Kickstarter before funding something. For the other part: Its exactly the same. There is a game in development, but the developer cant (or wont) take the financial risk by its own. There is NOTHING condemnable about getting his projects prepaid. To be honest, I am surprised that this is so new in the Intellivision homebrew world. As people (like cmart, like rev) mentioned: Plenty of homebrews are prepaid and many of them get released delayed. Its up to everyone if he buys such a game in the future or not, but its confusing if you say "and will not prepay for an unfinished game again....." when you want to fund Defender of the Crown. Dont get me wrong, I really appreciate it if you fund the game, because I want it to be a success, but I hope you understand that you are PREPAYING a game and may have to wait a while til its done :)

NEVER said I WAS funding Defender of the Crown, so not sure where THAT is coming from...

RocketeerS? How many did you bought? By the way: No order placed for Mars Mini Games, or did you just forget about this game? But its impolite to answer with counterquestions: I really sonsider this, but unfortunately I have to buy a new notebook (mine breaks into a keyboard and a "tablet" :( ), so I have to look if I have money left for it.

Listen Kevin, sh3-rg, K-Klass, -kZa- or whatever it is you are calling yourself these days, don't try to be claiming that you are an 'outsider' when you know that you are talking for Mark in this thread. He even 'liked' your post. You claim to be an outsider but we know that isn't true. I know that you know Mark personally, so cut the crap.

I don't claim to be an outsider and I've worked on a number of games with him as my "about me" page here and numerous posts on AA will testify. Listing my aliases from different groups I've been in proves what exactly? That I have a long and varied "career" working with various people and groups? Guilty as charged.

It's good to see you revert to form, the feculence in your words only proves that you've been drinking from the font of kizza... good luck with that, it always ends well.

I'll let you call me a wanker now if it makes you feel better.

Games For Your Intellivision should really get a guy to do PR and stop posting himself. He will run his own business into the ground.

It's just incredible how someone representing a professional business can be post such stupid things and stoop so low in public.

I hear it won't be a concern soon, words of his astounding business acumen and PR wizardry have seen him head-hunted by Microsoft's XBox One department. Apparently they've not fucked things up enough this year and believe there's only one man left who could possibly do worse than they have.

• Like 2

I'll buy your games Mark, if Rev doesn't. :) I'm going to hoard them Scrooge McDuck style and roll around naked in them.

Ha,ha.

I knew you did that.

That's why you always say you must first check and clean the carts before sending them. Very nice of you! :thumbsup:

--

P.S.: I'd rather want to see this thread locked but cmart confession was made here and I couldn't resist posting.

So you also miss the special Kickstarter Edition of Defender of the Crown? Its the same - prepaid. Just sayin :ponder:

"Past performance is the best indicator of future results"

Elektronite has published 4 CiB titles, all available now.