IGNORED

RETRO: The Multi-Format, Throw-Back Magazine - KICKSTARTER

If the Kickstarter Campaign does not make it to $50K , is the project cancelled with no physical magazine? What happens to the funds if Cancelled? Are they returned, or are they lost to those who contributed [the backers].

If "backers" are in no danger of loosing their money then I'm sure many like me will not be hesitant to subscribe for one year at the $30 or $35 level.

If the Kickstarter Campaign does not make it to $50K , is the project cancelled with no physical magazine? What happens to the funds if Cancelled? Are they returned, or are they lost to those who contributed [the backers].

If "backers" are in no danger of loosing their money then I'm sure many like me will not be hesitant to subscribe for one year at the $30 or $35 level.

Unsuccessful funds on Kickstarter are not charged to donators, you get it all back.

Unsuccessful funds on Kickstarter are not charged to donators, you get it all back.

Thanks. Confirmed and "donation" made.

If this project is successfully funded, your card will be charged on: SUNDAY NOV 3, 7:49PM EST

When your reward is ready, Mike Kennedy will send you a survey via email to request any info needed to deliver your reward (mailing address, t-shirt size, etc).

There is always a risk with any Kickstarter project. The pledges don't get collected unless the target is met within the allotted time frame, however, there is no guarantee that the project creator will ever deliver on the specific promises made. The creator of this particular project is pretty well known and established here and elsewhere and I think the risk is pretty low that no magazine will ever materialize (whether it goes 6+ issues is a whole other question), but there are no guarantees with any Kickstarter, so backers should always be cautious.

Congratulations! I think this'll be the first gaming magazine I've bought since Nintendo Power died... it'll be nice to get my gaming info on something bigger than 5" diagonally and that doesn't require batteries. And with little to no brownish-grey first-person shooter content, no less, at least until the Doom retrospective issue ;-)

congrats! 62K seems like a real possibility now!

What is the significance of 62k?

Is it the exposure on this site that got them the push they needed the last 7-8 days? I was surprised that I was unable find anything on this effort at digitalpress especially since Joe is involved with the project.

This will the first print edition video game magazine I purchased since my "Classic Gamer Magazine" subscription back in 1999-2001 . I may have found out about that on the old 2600nexus site which of course became atariage.

The collector in me hopes these are shipped in a protected manner....

Edited by JL

Was it the exposure on this site that got them the push they needed the last 7-8 days?....The collector in me hopes these are shipped in a protected manner....

That, & SoCal Mike guested on just about every gaming podcast I subscribe to.

Maybe the "extra" $$$ they earn 'til Sunday can be used for protective shipping sleeves. My subscribed RetroGamers came plastic wrapped &'were always in great shape..

RetroGamer Magazine is getting a little too "modern" for me...

Good, sounds like I quit subscribing to RG magazine at the right time...though I bought the digital Q*bert issue (#129?) & reading the current free issue. IIRC one of the recent cover features is on a very recent game...which should NOT be covered.