IGNORED

Breaking news: Intellivision flashback coming to retail

Rev

Well, Nurmix sells the adapter for the Intelivision controllers cheaply, and you wouldn't WANT to use the Colecovision Flashback controllers on a real one. :lol:

Really, whose bright idea was it to have SIDE action buttons on these controllers?

I'm not going to get a chance to try the Intelivision Flashback until tomorrow but I'm very happy to finally have it!

I used Nurmix's info posted earlier in this thread to rewire mine for my Intellivision II. Had to modify them just a tad so I could actually store them on it - I used the original controller wires. The Flashback is ok - but the controllers are awesome!

IMG_0027-2-300x224.jpg

Since my wild idea actually worked, I did a blog post about it - my blog link is in the signature, if you want to see what I did, or try it yourself. Could NOT have done this without his generosity to the community!

• Like 7

I used Nurmix's info posted earlier in this thread to rewire mine for my Intellivision II. Had to modify them just a tad so I could actually store them on it - I used the original controller wires. The Flashback is ok - but the controllers are awesome!

IMG_0027-2-300x224.jpg

Since my wild idea actually worked, I did a blog post about it - my blog link is in the signature, if you want to see what I did, or try it yourself. Could NOT have done this without his generosity to the community!

Just read your blog post. Really enjoyed it. Great job adapting the Flashback controllers to your Inty-II. Would be nice if the controllers were available for purchase separately at some point for projects like this. Watch, they'll be $19.95 each.

I went to Sam's Club looking for one, but no one knew what I was talking about. A guy that I asked in the game department had never even heard the word Atari before. I found one at Dollar General without the extra overlays but with an extra game. The controllers are very close to the original but i've had problems with the 8 key pressing themselves on both controllers, and the Enter key on one of them doesn't always register. There's a few games on it that I don't think most people buying one will ever look at twice, why the learning games? Would have payed $80 for it though if it had the greatest game ever made, Lock N' Chase, but it's never been rereleased on any of the compilations. I'm looking forward to getting the colecovision flashback for $26 on Black Friday since i've never had one.

Does anyone know if these are Arm or NOAC?

Edited by flammingcowz
  • Like 1

Does anyone know if these are Arm or NOAC?

These are not NOAC. NOAC would have required reprogramming all of the games to create a dreadful simulation of the original experience like with the original Atari Flashback. I'm not aware of NOACs being used for a number of years now and I don't think it was ever used by AtGames. It's probably outdated at this point anyway. For these types of products, that's a good thing.

The present Flashbacks feature dual-core custom chips running at 100MHz, with on-board hardware enhancement to accelerate the real-time software emulation. The actual emulation part could be better, though, particularly on the ColecoVision Flashback.

These are not NOAC. NOAC would have required reprogramming all of the games to create a dreadful simulation of the original experience like with the original Atari Flashback. I'm not aware of NOACs being used for a number of years now and I don't think it was ever used by AtGames. It's probably outdated at this point anyway. For these types of products, that's a good thing.

The present Flashbacks feature dual-core custom chips running at 100MHz, with on-board hardware enhancement to accelerate the real-time software emulation. The actual emulation part could be better, though, particularly on the ColecoVision Flashback.

Yeah I didn't think that it did. I have an old intellivision plug and play 25 controller with horrible ports of games that I believe was an NOAC.

Yeah I didn't think that it did. I have an old intellivision plug and play 25 controller with horrible ports of games that I believe was an NOAC.

I have the same one, and I'm 95% sure it's NOAC. EVERYTHING in this space was NOAC not too long ago.

100Mhz eh? Well, I won't *quite* take back what I said in the Ultimate Flashback thread, but wow. That's some pretty low-spec hardware to do full emulation on, unless you have some more experienced programmers. No wonder they have emulation challenges. They need to go back 15 years and license a core from one of the pioneers :P

Got my flashback today at Dollar General. They had 2 on he shelf so I grabbed one of them. Not sure if they only have the 2 or have more in the back but wanted to make sure I got one. Now i have to find at home, or buy one, a splitter for the audio so that the sound comes out both speakers instead of just the 1.

I see that intellivision lives has the manuals for each game you can download separately, is there someway to download all of them without clicking each one? I have never played some of these games and just started hitting buttons and nothing happened. I'd rather not have to download each one.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/230208-intellivision-flashback-all-in-one-game-manual/

Bummer, I tried out the Intelivision Flashback I got from Sam's Club yesterday and it doesn't work. :(

All I get is a rainbow screen of colored bars when it's on.

I tried different ports in my TV and tried it on another TV, same issue.

Going to take it back in the morning and hope they have one left in stock to do a exchange. I so wanted to try it out tonight also!

Bummer, I tried out the Intelivision Flashback I got from Sam's Club yesterday and it doesn't work. :(

All I get is a rainbow screen of colored bars when it's on.

I tried different ports in my TV and tried it on another TV, same issue.

Going to take it back in the morning and hope they have one left in stock to do a exchange. I so wanted to try it out tonight also!

Do yourself a favor, hold on to the "extra overlays", then take it back to Sam's. If they do not have another, go to Toy's R Us and by the regular version, but you will have the extra overlays, so you are not out anything! :)

• Like 1

Do yourself a favor, hold on to the "extra overlays", then take it back to Sam's. If they do not have another, go to Toy's R Us and by the regular version, but you will have the extra overlays, so you are not out anything! :)

Heh! There's a Wal-Mart next door to it also where I probably could find the regular version. :)

• Like 1

Heh! There's a Wal-Mart next door to it also where I probably could find the regular version. :)

You can't do this, when you return something you have to have all the accessories and manuals with any product that you return even if it is defective so you could not keep the overlays if you want to return the defective flashback.

You can't do this, when you return something you have to have all the accessories and manuals with any product that you return even if it is defective so you could not keep the overlays if you want to return the defective flashback.

I understand, it's just frustrating when you get something that's defective and there is no product to do an exchange. That's all I was getting at. :P

Edited by atarifan88

No problem with getting a exchange at Sam's Club today, they had some left in stock. And I noticed they had the Genesis ones in now, so they have all 4 now.

I tried it out real quick and it works fine. Only played it for about two minutes and tried Astrosmash. I won't have any time to play the unit until Sat.

I just about guarantee that they'd never notice the missing overlays.

No, but the next person who bought your returned item sure might.

Sorry, but that's an incredibly dick move to do something like that. Never mind illegal in most jurisdictions, even if your odds of being caught are practically nil.

Edited by freeweed