IGNORED

Wico Command Control joystick: Intellivision vs ColecoVision

Lathe26

The theory is that the intellivision has an offset plug in like the Intellivision 2. Which seemed stupid because it would stop it from being used in the Sears Intellivision. The Box of the Intellivision Unit shows the Colecovision Plugs...so it's confusing. I have a pair I haven't tried in the Intellivison yet that were "sold as" Intellivision, but came with straight plugs. Hope that helps.

• Like 2

I have at least one of each coleco/intellivision, but I'd have to dig them out. ( they suck )

But anyway, I do believe the connector is Intellivision II style.. Comes with wiring info to splice it into an Intellivision I style as well.

Also, I think the keypad Clear and Enter vs * and # MAY have been different. But I do not remember for certain.

Good Idea from Wico, but I never liked them.

• 2 months later...

I had totally forgotten I have one of these (loose). (BTW, for collection purposes, still interested in having two CIB.)

Anyhow, found it by accident today (was looking for something else) and decided to test it out using an Ultimate PC interface. It functions, I guess. But it's completely awful! Maybe it's been disassembled and reassembled incorrectly, but the side action buttons have zero give, and required a lot of pressure to even work. So, I guess as long as you never need use the lower left or right action keys, you can just use the button on the joystick. My initial take on it is that, as an actual controller, it's horrid, though. :(

• Like 1

Yeah, I love to have one for the collection. We had one with the one we had back in the day. We tried everything we could joystick wise back then, and always ended up with the original. So PM if you want to sell one. Thanks.

• 8 years later...

Just under decade necro bump. That's the cut-off right?  :)

I just grabbed an Intv2 off eBay that has one of these.  Definitely in need of repairs as it seems to be stuck in a non centred movement.

Feels pretty bad in the hand so might not be great even if fixed.  The other controller is also borked and shows signs of being opened.  At least the machine works and it came with a few games including Donkey Kong (Sweet).  Wait!  Donkey Kong in an Intv2?  Hmmmm!

1209564561_Int2Control.thumb.jpeg.a8f02c8bccc79c02e4aec2b76d1f350d.jpeg

Edited by Sinjinhawke
  • Haha 1

Feel free to check out this thread and documentation on the Wico Command Control for the Intellivision.  Regarding the joystick not being great, I'll go a step further and say that it is literally the worst Intellivision joystick.  It make the Inty II controller seem comfortable and response in comparison.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Lathe26 said:

…Regarding the joystick not being great, I'll go a step further and say that it is literally the worst Intellivision joystick.  It make the Inty II controller seem comfortable and response in comparison.

Didn’t think this was possible.  Glad I never purchased one of these.

26 minutes ago, Lathe26 said:

Feel free to check out this thread and documentation on the Wico Command Control for the Intellivision.  Regarding the joystick not being great, I'll go a step further and say that it is literally the worst Intellivision joystick.  It make the Inty II controller seem comfortable and response in comparison.

Wow, great manual.  Just read it all.  Hopefully a cleaning gets it working properly.