IGNORED

Secretum Labyrinth:The Legend. Adventure RPG Style game for Atari 8-bit

peteym5

I have been working on this game for about 1 year. It is derived from code used for prior games like Venture and a few other experimental programs I have done over the years. I game is almost complete, but I cannot give a definite release date yet. It is going to need some beta and preview testing.

What is not complete yet is the music and KJMANN is helping me do the music. He is part of our team and does want to complete. Some of you probably know, he is having some health problems and having difficulties completing the music. As a contingency plan, I am considering for a possible second music person who can assist with the game. I did write up a few short pieces in RMT. I have one 8K bank on a 64K cartridge reserved for some RMT songs.

So if someone does come in and offer some help, they will be both beta testing and working on music that fits into the game. The Dungeon is over 200 rooms, regional segmented. If you go beyond certain locked doors, the game gets more and more challenging. I am looking to have each of these regions to have its own music, along with independent title screen music. I will send a cartridge image of the game and the music Sal started a few months ago.

• Like 7

• 1 year later...

Sorry I have been away and had not reported any updates for the cartridge version of the game. I had to pull the public demo last year because we decided to make a bunch of changes that made the game more interesting to play. KJMANN also wanted the demo pulled because he also wanted changes to be made, however, since his health worsen last winter, he dropped out of being part of the project. I had to find new people to help me getting it to work. We are hoping to get it released for the Christmas season, still no date had been set yet.

Also as I stated, I hope to recycle the core programming (engine) to make several action adventure role playing type games. Maybe work with a co-designer to custom make a few games. I see how people wanted to see Adventure, Venture, and Adventure II on the 8-bit. Secretum Labyrinth is pretty much a game of its own.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...