IGNORED

Boulder Dash (R) For Intellivision

• 2 weeks later...

The Instruction manual is almost complete. I should have it completed by tonight or tomorrow and then it gets proof read and sent to First Star for approval. If they approve it by Friday, it should be going to the printer on Monday and be ready by the end of the month.

Scott the programmer has been very busy at work this last month and is putting in a lot of extra hours. He should have something that is mostly if not completely done by the end of the month. The game would then be sent to First Star for evaluation.

My goal is to have the President of First Star Software with something in hand to show at CGE.

If all goes well, Boulder Dash may beat Kroz to market. Kroz is taking a lot longer in testing that was anticipated. However, I am confident it will ship before the official end of summer.

• Like 3

I am very pleased. I've just finished the Boulder Dash manual. Now I'm sending it out to various people for proof reading and then off to First Star Software for approval. If all goes well, the manual should be sent to the printer by mid week.

The game has the finishing touches being put on it, and then it starts testing.

Right now, you can select any of the 16 caves or 4 bonus caves at any difficulty level.

Of course, this will change when it completes testing and then a final test will be done and then sent to First Star for evaluation.

First Star requests changes and if approved the game should be ready to ship soon after.

post-31813-0-31241200-1407598247_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

approaching the Boulder Dash day, I'd like to spend a few words about one of the most ambitious and time demanding projects to which I have devoted myself since 2005!
First Star is not just some company that gives dev permission for a title to the intellivision community, but it is the first company to team up with an Intellivision retrogaming company, with a real business plan and participation in royalties.
Although there are other ambitious projects in progress by Elektronite, BD represents a major milestone and, for me personally, the pride of having reconnected the 80s with present: a real leap in time

• Like 7

Kudos to both of you for making this happen. Again, I think it's really cool, and refreshing, to see a company like First Star embracing their retro roots.

Valter was the one to make it happen. First Star was a tough negotiator and this was not easy to pull off. First Star should be commended for taking the time to work with a 'little guy'.

The Tetris people wouldn't take the time to 'stoop down' to pick up a few thousand bucks off of the floor.

This game is being 'co-published' by my company and First Star. This is not 'homebrew'. It clearly demonstrates what can be accomplished if you knock on some doors and do things right.

• Like 7

The profits are minimal for established companies but you have to start somewhere.

Like Keith Robinson said on the podcast....when he started people thought there was NO money in classic games. Then, they thought that there was a TON of money in it. There is no way that something is going to get made when some places don't want to even bother unless you hand them $10,000 as a start.

First Star is not being magnanimous to a bunch of 'homebrewers' but at the same time they aren't so rich that they turn their noses up at a 'just a few thousand dollars'.

My friend Syd told me that the owner of one nameless company wouldn't bother reaching down and pulling the amount of money I was going to pay him out of the toilet if it fell in. He was being a bit facetious but it isn't totally inaccurate.

I am going to contact that individual again Wolfy.

• Like 1

Thank you William and I am going to try to make it happen as well!.If people are blind to receive some money to give up the rights to a 30 year old game they will never release, I can't understand that thinking at all.

You and Elektronite have been awesome I love all you have done. Wolfy

Thank you William and I am going to try to make it happen as well!.If people are blind to receive some money to give up the rights to a 30 year old game they will never release, I can't understand that thinking at all.

You and Elektronite have been awesome I love all you have done. Wolfy

first of all thanks to you...

I personally spent months in negotiating such rights around the world and cannot pretend to say when people are acting unreasonnable.... but as a matter of fact, you are right, and there are several very old titles just sitting there and I cannot understand, even if I try, why the owner would not give permission, just to see his property relive to yet another platform....

I recently have faced again this situation for Karateka...

Valter

Edited by vprette
  • Like 1

It goes on sale when it is finished and approved by FSS.

It is close to being finished. High Score save was being worked on today.

Some sound tweaks are needed. We have to choose final colour combinations for various caves. Turn on the sound for boulders dropping. Play testing and checking for bugs. Sent to FSS for evaluation. When they clear it for release, we change it from the cheat version to the release version and do a final test. Then it gets manufactured. Should be by mid September I am guessing. That should be about it.

Edited by Games For Your Intellivision
  • Like 1

first of all thanks to you...

I personally spent months in negotiating such rights around the world and cannot pretend to say when people are acting unreasonnable.... but as a matter of fact, you are right, and there are several very old titles just sitting there and I cannot understand, even if I try, why the owner would not give permission, just to see his property relive to yet another platform....

I recently have faced again this situation for Karateka...

Valter

Sorry to hear that Valter, and Karateka would be a great game conversion for the Intellivision!

Thanks again for all you folks do for us retro gamers! ;-)