IGNORED

TI-99 Photos Thread! Post your systems here!

slinkeey

Do TI-59s count?

Wow, now that's Retro! I remember that old calculator! I also seem to remember that when holding down a button down (cannot remember which), while turning on the calculator, it would make the thing count up from 1 to the point where it maxed out. I think that thing was also quite spendy back around 1975-77, now you can pick up a scientific calculator at Dollar Tree for a buck!

<< INFLATION CALCULATOR >>

I have a couple of them, both unfortunately with unreliable mag strip drives. I did try to fix them using a kit I bought online without much success... These little beauties can be very powerful in the right hands. There is an Android app called TI5x which is full featured including a simulated printer, and that's what I use most of the time when I get the itch to program the 59 :)

• Like 1

Well, i do not like so much hacking vintage items too, but i can change idea on items that have not more a life...

The PEB i hacked was really in dead conditions: Very rusty inside, stained and scratched on external plastics, power supply absent.

I gave him a new life... I thought that it could never be as like the original, and then I changed for my needs of actually use.

thank you daafies :) ... i am happy you like...

attachicon.gifIMG_20150704_151904.jpg

i also done some update on my modification lastly,

i changed the Power Supply with a new one from the Classic Arcade of the '80 years

attachicon.gifIMG_20150704_145605.jpg

it has 4A for Floppy Drives :)

I also inserted the HxC in a 3.5" case so it will more easy to update the SD Card :) (before of this i had to open everytime the PEB cover)

attachicon.gifIMG_20150704_145637.jpg

and update the front panel of the SD Card with a PowerButton On/Off so i can change the sd card without poweroff the PEB, and also e number drive settings so i can decide the number of the drive without open the PEB too :) :)

attachicon.gifIMG_20150704_145649.jpg

i have some other idea for other details, the third drive is external

attachicon.gifIMG_20150704_145755.jpg

in past days, my friend gifted me some spare parts of TI99 beige and silver, in very ugly condition and missing parts... i really believe that i will do some hack with these too :) :)

one only problem for me.... lot of ideas but really not enough time for complete them :P

how did you mount the display of the hxc? is it glued in?

thanks

david

how did you mount the display of the hxc? is it glued in?

Hello David,

yes, stuck (not Glued) between internal metal case and on external front plastic one...

just, the hole of the internal metal case is a bit smaller than the LCD.

post-24673-0-03487900-1438964170_thumb.jpg

Edited by ti99iuc
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

My TI99 stuff from back in the day, now on the web if you fancy a look...

http://ti99.atspace.co.uk

That's a lovely site. Enjoyed browsing that! You and I are the same age - I got my TI in 1982 too. It absolutely 100% changed my life, or rather, set the course that my life has taken ever since. God bless it.

Mark

Edited by Willsy

That's a lovely site. Enjoyed browsing that! You and I are the same age - I got my TI in 1982 too. It absolutely 100% changed my life, or rather, set the course that my life has taken ever since. God bless it.

Mark

Yep, I went into programming early on, now work in pre-sales for cloud-based ICT stuff. Edited by Keith99er

• 2 weeks later...

Note the Green quarter-circle stickers on the UberGROM boards. That lets you know that the board has been tested to have a startup bank in the first or last bank (making the board eminently usable as a standard 512K board if you don't need one of the combined Atmel/Flash images on the board).

One other item to remember: pay very close attention to the notch on the 40-pin socket for the Atmel. Note that it is to the outside of the board on the right, not to the left like all of the other chips. This was necessary to make the signal routing possible. . .

Edited by Ksarul
  • Like 3

ACORNSOFT COUNTDOWN TO DOOM!!!!!!!!, that otherwise nice collection has been infected by Acorn Electron plus 1 cartridges!!!-aaaaaagghhhhhhhhh!!!!!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Been moved in for a little over a week. Just getting my room set up. This is a rough-draft of what the TI space will look like. Same as my last place, the PEB rests on a communications rack to the right. The beige TI has a regular old spring-leaf keyboard and is hooked up to the PEB and the TI monitor. The black/silver TI is my F18A-enhanced traveling rig and is connected to the small SVGA monitor sitting on top of the TI monitor.

gallery_27864_994_1026884.jpg

gallery_27864_994_2176490.jpg

gallery_27864_994_1629989.jpg

• Like 5

Been meaning to clean up the ol' TI room but this morning just said screw it. Here's my systems. sometimes a little neater, most times not. My wife does not enter here. The disks shown in the last photo are about 1/8th of what I've got. Been in this game a long time.

post-39776-0-26790500-1444572122_thumb.jpg

post-39776-0-74349100-1444572167_thumb.jpg

post-39776-0-69671500-1444572192_thumb.jpg

post-39776-0-98924700-1444572239_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Been moved in for a little over a week. Just getting my room set up. This is a rough-draft of what the TI space will look like. Same as my last place, the PEB rests on a communications rack to the right. The beige TI has a regular old spring-leaf keyboard and is hooked up to the PEB and the TI monitor. The black/silver TI is my F18A-enhanced traveling rig and is connected to the small SVGA monitor sitting on top of the TI monitor.

gallery_27864_994_1026884.jpg

gallery_27864_994_2176490.jpg

gallery_27864_994_1629989.jpg

Now then!!!!, what could that cartridge be that's plugged into old silver?, I think someone has been holding out on us!!!!!!!!!

Nah, not holding out at all :) That is my mock-up label on my SuperSpace II cart I am using for development. It has actually been in "Old Silver" since about March or April, and I have not done anything else since then. It has been in there so long 1) I am sure the battery is dead and 2) I got so used to seeing it in there I forgot about it.

I am expecting to start working on it again around about the Faire time, which is right after we blow through testing the new Exchange cluster and prepare for roll-out at the end of November.