IGNORED

Atari picture fuzzy on one T.V. but not another one

someone3760

The problem I have is that the video from the atari (it's a jr. model) is fuzzy. There are purple/red fuzzy lines all over the screen. At first I thought it was the connector I was using. The thing is it looked perfectly clear on my friends T.V. How can I get the picture to look clearer? Should I plug the ac adapter away from the T.V.? By the way, I don't use a switchbox. I use a av cord and a connector. Thanks for helping.

Edited by someone3760

One tv might be on Cable Zenith tuning ie not air tuning or on ch2 or ch3 or ch4 try all these channels also turn go up down on channels to see if it tunes in sometimes tv's get stuck on aft not in middle of channel.. also if its a OLD TV then you need to push knob and TUNE in ch3 or ch2 turn off agc or aft then tune in I bet this is the problem is the tuning on the tv it might not even be on the same channel as the other tv to test this get VCR inbetween atari and the working tv then take VCR to tv that wont work and see if vcr works if it dont then the other offending tv needs tuned to ch3 ... this is probably most likely the tv tuning mode there are some lame cable modes witch are like icc or some zenith modes that off tune the channels YOU MOSTLY NEED A universal remote or open door and like vcr turn a wheel to change tuning OLDER tv's have a outer knob witch tunes it in but you have to push in while turning to get it to TUNE ch3 in the middle this is why I want you to use vcr as a vcr will be on same ch3 on both tv's also there is a ch2 ch3 switch on the atari.. ALSO sometimes the 2600 jr has not enough rf can to elimninate its own interferance try moving the atari as far from the tv as possible using the long rf cord you can use any RCA cord to f connector you want for the RF cord.. GOOD LUCK. let me know if you fix it..

Make shure you figure out what channel youre freinds tv is on..

• 1 year later...

wow that responce must have been posted at 4am lol some aztec rf modulators were bad and made humbars I use to find atari at goodwill and replace rf modulators to fix that problem u need a solder iron 550'F solder and solder vacume i always add new solder then turn off iron and vacume when it cools this makes it vacume better when hole threw solder vacumeing then replace whole rf modulator or u could do the 1 transistor composite ben heck mod .. that works good also u can get combat in stereo but atari stopped that and didnt put speakers in the older models but u can see speaker vents in the older 2600's i was refering to fuzzy picture .. ALSO sometimes a mov like cap blows on back of tv inside the tuner pack from the antenna leads witch causes fuzzy reception... usually on the inside where antenna leads connect there is a protector cap...