IGNORED

2nd Annual CvW competition (December)

And now for some e-mail entries which I forgot to post yesterday. These come from the D. Girls and Mr. Joe_M. All three are still aiming to earn The Twelve Days Of Christmas Carol, and it looks like they will make it in the nick of time!

E-mail Entry: Joe_M

Score: 1,605

Level: 20

Date: 12/27/2013 16:36

post-27318-0-80976000-1388318710_thumb.jpg

E-mail Entry: Giana D.

Score: 180

Level: 3

post-27318-0-14434600-1388318718_thumb.jpg

E-mail Entry: Giulia D.

Score: 164

Level: 3

post-27318-0-30791200-1388318725_thumb.jpg

E-mail Entry: Joe_M

Score: 2,277

Level: 25

Date: 12/28/2013 22:40

post-27318-0-00935500-1388318738_thumb.jpg

E-mail Entry: Giana D.

Score: 239

Level: 4

post-27318-0-43570000-1388318744_thumb.jpg

E-mail Entry: Giulia D.

Score: 226

Level: 4

post-27318-0-62980100-1388318751_thumb.jpg

Way to go! Santa likes your perseverance! :)

-dZ.

Leaderboard updated.

Edited by DZ-Jay

@Oscar G.: Great job! That is an awesome score. Perhaps I should add an achievement for breaking 5K points as an additional enticement to others, since it seems to be a high barrier that not many reach.

By the way, I modified the leaderboard to highlight the "Special" achievements, such as Elf On Duty, and One Smart Cookie, which were only available at select times.

Leaderboard updated.

• Like 1

This is the waiting point to make the robot goes all way up. Then you can grab all presents from bottom.

post-32348-0-70852000-1388323741_thumb.gif

Wait here until robot exit the lowest corridor, then go right.

post-32348-0-46971000-1388323896_thumb.gif

How to go up.

First wait here and go left when robot is there.

post-32348-0-23102500-1388325924_thumb.gif

Now Go Up!

post-32348-0-64547100-1388324393_thumb.gif Well, in this picture, snowball is up... So you don't want to go there now. :P But you got the idea. Whe snowball is up, I like to use the 1st waiting point tip of this post to let the robot goes up, then I lure both together.

• Like 6

Wow, Liduario, that's awesome! Thanks for posting that technique, I'll have to check it out today. :)

-dZ.

I just hope I'm not breaking your intended game play. :P

As in the snowflake garden tip, that level was designed for making snowflakes very important and then getting snowman out of center changed how you play that level. Now it's one of levels where snowflakes aren't much important... :)

• Like 1

I just hope I'm not breaking your intended game play. :P

As in the snowflake garden tip, that level was designed for making snowflakes very important and then getting snowman out of center changed how you play that level. Now it's one of levels where snowflakes aren't much important... :)

Oh, no, it does not change a thing. I designed the levels with specific patterns in mind, but that is only one solution--whatever works for each player is the correct way. :)

I like your Snowflake Garden tip, because whenever the Snowman jumps in the center pen, I would die! Now I know how to take him out. :)

In Twisted Toyland, I always manipulate the Robot to keep him at the bottom left when I'm on top, or at the top when I am in the bottom. I also try to keep the Bad Toy and Snowball separated, so that if I get shot by the laser, the Snowball is stuck somewhere else where he can't get to me. Your tip helps with that. :)

There is no right or wrong way to finish a level, it's whatever works!

Thanks for the tips.

-dZ.

• Like 2

I took a video of a walkthrough the Twisted Toyland stage. I made a mistake at the beginning of the second level, but I managed to recover quickly. It shows Liduario's technique to manipulate the Bad Toy, as well as some other tactics to move around and recover from errors.

As you can see, you don't need a perfect pattern every time, just a solid understanding of the mechanics and the enemy behaviour to get perfect score every single time. :)

-dZ.

https://vimeo.com/82886189

• Like 2

This is the waiting point to make the robot goes all way up. Then you can grab all presents from bottom.

shot0013.gif

Wait here until robot exit the lowest corridor, then go right.

shot0012.gif

How to go up.

First wait here and go left when robot is there.

shot0018.gif

Now Go Up!

shot0017.gif Well, in this picture, snowball is up... So you don't want to go there now. :P But you got the idea. Whe snowball is up, I like to use the 1st waiting point tip of this post to let the robot goes up, then I lure both together.

Thanks for the tips, Lid. I think my Twisted Toyland technique this year is pretty poor. I don't remember what I did last year. This should help.

• Like 2

Oh my! Only 4 days left and I can´t reach again the 5k barrier ;)

Fushek, Arquillos, Oscar G,...too many good opponents! :)

I´ll keep trying till the last minute! Maybe I´ll catch the Xmas Ghost (A.K.A. Lidua-Ghost)

Nope, 3 days left... :P

And a new entry from Miss Nour K. (8 years-old). Seems that she has doubled her score from last year, getting awfully close to saving Christmas!

E-mail Entry: Nour K.

Score: 1,044

Level: 14

Date: 12/29/2013 12:04

post-27318-0-13343900-1388337952_thumb.jpg

Hey, cmart, are you going to take that? :P

-dZ.

• Like 4

@Oscar G.: Great job! That is an awesome score. Perhaps I should add an achievement for breaking 5K points as an additional enticement to others, since it seems to be a high barrier that not many reach.

I definitely like the idea of the 5K achievement :)

All these are important milestones that are in the mind of the player while playing.

Cheers!

• Like 1

Introducing new achievement:

Elf Superstar: Achieve a score higher than 5,000 points.

Congratulations to Fushek, Arquillos, Jesus, Oscar G., and of course, Liduario. You've automatically earned this achievement by your current scores.

-dZ.

Leaderboard updated.

• Like 2

new%20%201593.png

I think this will be my last score submission, it's been a great game to play. im playing on the free self emulated version but after i get to the end of the game once the difficulty seems to really change a lot. to explain what i mean, if you play the first level and collect all the candy, Carol goes slow... well that happens for me at the start of the first level on my second play through. i have a lot of repect for yo guys who can still go on for thousands more points with that handycap.

I have had a lot of fun with this game this crimbo. :)

post-37985-0-79335100-1388351268_thumb.png

• Like 3

new%20%201593.png

I think this will be my last score submission, it's been a great game to play. im playing on the free self emulated version but after i get to the end of the game once the difficulty seems to really change a lot. to explain what i mean, if you play the first level and collect all the candy, Carol goes slow... well that happens for me at the start of the first level on my second play through. i have a lot of repect for yo guys who can still go on for thousands more points with that handycap.

I have had a lot of fun with this game this crimbo. :)

Hi, Vipp!

Some people have commented in the past that after completing the game once, it seems to slow down considerably. However, I can assure you that this is just an illusion. What happens is that each stage gets progressively faster and harder--until you reach the eighth stage. At that point, the game starts from the very first level, but with a slight increase in difficulty.

The thing is that when you play the first stage the second time, it is faster than before, but much slower than the eighth stage. This makes it feel like it just slowed down.

Your score is still a very respectable one, by any measure, and you should be proud. I'm glad you have enjoyed the game, and I thank you for participating. :)

-dZ.

• Like 1