IGNORED

Adam/Coleco Keyboard or Adam Net Pinouts

thomas3120

Hello,

Spending the last couple of days looking through many webpages and here searching on the forums..but no luck.

Looking for the pinouts, preferably with a picture of that connector that somewhat resembles a telephone connector with numbered pins, etc...

Closest I got was "The connector has:

*Signal GND

*+5V (Input)

*Reset (input)

*Rxd/Txd (Input/Output)

"

No numbering or picture/diagram to go by.

Any help is appreciated.

thomas

• Like 1

Hello,

Spending the last couple of days looking through many webpages and here searching on the forums..but no luck.

Looking for the pinouts, preferably with a picture of that connector that somewhat resembles a telephone connector with numbered pins, etc...

Closest I got was "The connector has:

*Signal GND

*+5V (Input)

*Reset (input)

*Rxd/Txd (Input/Output)

"

No numbering or picture/diagram to go by.

Any help is appreciated.

thomas

Thomas, it is on here somewhere. BUT, all you need is a 6 wire telephone cord that flips the send receive lines, just the same way a phone works

As far as the cable needed, it is an RJ12 6-conductor Reversed (or Twisted as some list it) cable. However, I don't recall ever seeing a pinout diagram of the cable or ADAMnet connector on the Keyboard or Memory Console, but it should be in the "ADAM Technical Manual" that was released by Coleco and available on the web. Check "The ADAM Resource" linked in the footer of my posts.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I plug my keyboard into the adamnet connector and it works.

I then checked the schematics ( from here: http://ann.hollowdreams.com/programming.html ) and the adamnet, keyboard, and printer use this bus to communicate. In theory, I should be able to fashion a db9 connector to an rj12 and plu the printer into the adamnet or keyboard connector and have it work.

Besides the disk drive, what other devices plugged into this bus?

I plug my keyboard into the adamnet connector and it works.

I then checked the schematics ( from here: http://ann.hollowdreams.com/programming.html ) and the adamnet, keyboard, and printer use this bus to communicate. In theory, I should be able to fashion a db9 connector to an rj12 and plu the printer into the adamnet or keyboard connector and have it work.

Any ADAMnet device will plug into the "phone" ports on the front or side of the ADAM. This means the disk drive, auto answer device, maybe speech synthesizer, midi interface,clock, and the keyboard, in any order or either port.

As far as the two phone jack style ADAMnet connectors on the Memory Console, the only hardware that uses these are the Keyboard and the Disk Drive... the Coleco made disk drive which also includes the modded disk drives that were made available in the late 80's as well as the Micro Innovations line of disk drives. Coleco developed some prototypes that attached to these ADAMnet ports, but they were never finished/released.

Aside from that, the rest of the hardware that was developed for the ADAM either installed in the right side Expansion Bus or the three internal Expansion Slots.