IGNORED

How much should I expect to pay?

liammw8

Depends on how soon you want them. One can go to the bay and just buy them for asking retail price. I personally don't see that as collecting, just buying. Or spend time networking in the online community (I know you're doing that now:) ) and around your town thrifts, fleas, friends, family and pawn shops. Always ask if they have stuff else ware get a business card and do follow ups, like calling flea market people on Friday to let them know you'll be around on Saturday to check out what they got. I've run into people who mentioned they have Atari stuff packed away due to lack of interest over the years. Don't mention specifics just a general idea. Friends of friends are great too, I've just mentioned games and gotten tons of free stuff or tips to new sources. l know this is ambiguous and doesn't really answer your question, but most of what I've found, I wasn't looking for. Set your own budget and determine your own value.

PS Pitfall 2 is one of the most common broken/failed carts out there due to the way its manufactured or something. I don't recall exactly why, maybe another member can chime in on that one. But you can use this as a bargaining chip when buying games that you can't test in person before purchase.

I'm wanting to collect some of the special-labeled Activision carts for the 2600, specifically Private Eye, Beamrider, H.E.R.O., Pitfall 2, River Raid 2 and Cosmic Commuter. I only want the cartridges, not the boxes or instruction booklets. How much do those carts generally go for?

For HERO, Pitfall 2, and Beamrider (great games there!) I probably paid something like $10, $8, and $15, respectively. Got them off eBay. Just keep an eye out for auctions that aren't $50 buy-it-nows and put 'em on your Watch List. Also watch for multi-game lots, especially where the seller hasn't bothered to list the games included... easier to find 'hidden' games when other people can't simply search for them.

Or just put up a wanted ad in the AA marketplace. I have actually never done this...