IGNORED

Team Pixelboy News Bulletin - December 25th 2013

Pixelboy

On the Wii emulator, the Star Force ROM freezes every time you fly over the very first small star fortress (or whatever you would call it :) ) -- so about two minutes into the game at most. The ROM is unplayable. Any chance on tweaking that one to get it working?

The rest of the ROMs work just fine; several games are good to excellent. Thanks!

Edited by DoctorTom

On the Wii emulator, the Star Force ROM freezes every time you fly over the very first small star fortress (or whatever you would call it :) ) -- so about two minutes into the game at most.  The ROM is unplayable.  Any chance on tweaking that one to get it working?

The rest of the ROMs work just fine; several games are good to excellent.  Thanks!

The same thing happens with star force (cartridge) when I have my adam module 3 plugged into my colecovision. It works fine without the adam plugged in.

The same thing happens with star force (cartridge) when I have my adam module 3 plugged into my colecovision. It works fine without the adam plugged in.

Talk about bizarre behavior... In this case, since the game passed the beta-testing phase on real hardware, I would say that it's not the ROM that needs tweaking, it's the emulator.

On the Wii emulator, the Star Force ROM freezes every time you fly over the very first small star fortress (or whatever you would call it :) ) -- so about two minutes into the game at most. The ROM is unplayable. Any chance on tweaking that one to get it working?

The rest of the ROMs work just fine; several games are good to excellent. Thanks!

For the right price, I'm sure you could find a programmer knowledgeable enough in Z80 Assembly Language who could disassemble the rom code in an attempt to see if he could figure out what is causing this crash. Seeing as the same thing happens on an Exp. Mod. #3 ADAM, it's probably a similar issue that Super Cobra and Defender have with how RAM is used. It is funny that I never noticed this issue on a Stand-Alone ADAM, but then again, maybe I only played it on my CV.

You could also try the rom file in another emulator like BlueMSX or ADAMem to see what the results are. Those emulators will probably run the rom just fine, so then the issue is in fact the Wii emulator.

Another quick update:

- Module Man is now sold out. I will make more copies of this game in early 2014, and until then, I will maintain a waiting list.

- The Black Onyx is now also sold out. I did say that I was limiting the run of this game to 75 copies, but seing as they sold out so fast, I'm going to set up another waiting list for this game, and later in 2014, if there's enough of a demand, I may make a few more copies. No promises though.

- I now have 4 copies left of Princess Quest and 5 copies left of Quest for the Golden Chalice. My last copy of Destructor SCE is also still available for immediate purchase.

Obviously because I told everyone what a great game it is!!!

And a great job you did too! ;) :thumbsup:

I think the waiting lists for Battle of Hoth, Module Man and The Black Onyx could grow pretty fast over the next couple of weeks, given that just under 100 people still haven't replied to the e-mail I sent them on Christmas morning! :)

I'm still waiting on money to show up in my PayPal account...hopefully Monday...

And a great job you did too! ;) :thumbsup:

I think the waiting lists for Battle of Hoth, Module Man and The Black Onyx could grow pretty fast over the next couple of weeks, given that just under 100 people still haven't replied to the e-mail I sent them on Christmas morning! :)

And for Mecha 8 ? it is in my opinion the most impressive game of this year. (ok , nanichess cheated using 128k... :-D .. but quite technically impressive...)

Mecha-8 and Buck Rogers Super Game have been selling in similar numbers and roughly at the same pace as the others, but I made 100 copies of those so I still have 20+ copies left in stock right now.

Star Force is a bit quirky on the cartridge version. Such as if you leave the demostration run multiple times and then decided to start right away, the graphics becomes currupted. If you start up the game right away, it plays fine. Still a fun game to play. Retro Game Challenge on the DS have a game called Star Soldier, which takes some idea from Star Force. This is why I brought Star Force, and it comes with a beautiful colorful box and manual.

Obviously because I told everyone what a great game it is!!!

And yes, you did convinced me to buy Module Man. :) I'm too waiting for slow Paypal to fill my account.

I have ordered three.

Thanks for all the ROMs!

Being relatively new returning to the CV scene, it had appeared that if you missed a release and/or couldn't afford the quite expensive carts/shipping, you would not ever be able to play the game - as I couldn't find GnG, Mario Bros., etc.

I am glad I was wrong, and ROMs do get released.

I usually will not buy something unless I have tried it out, and I do buy when it is something I will use.

It is too bad in reality it is the other way around - if you can get the ROM why bother rewarding the author/publisher.

Yes I'm fresh, back into the scene myself. Wish I would have got back sooner, I missed a lot of opportunities and I've found myself playing catch up. I've been on a helluva roll though, with several new homebrews on the way.. I can't wait to play these babies! Burn Rubber, Princess Quest, Mario Bros and Quest for the Golden Chalice... Here we go! :-D

Yet another quick update:

1) King's Valley is now sold out. I will likely make a few more copies within a month or so.

2) I'm making good progress with shipping games. I believe most paid orders will be shipped before January 1st.

3) I'm down to 3 copies of Princess Quest and 4 copies of Quest for the Golden Chalice.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I'd love to get a copy of Super Donkey Kong Jr on cartridge!

Luc... I'll try to not to jump on the bandwagon, especially since you already know my feelings on this and a couple other ADAM games that should get the CV cart conversion treatment. :P Well, that would be when you hopefully get back to releasing new games in the future.

Luc... I'll try to not to jump on the bandwagon, especially since you already know my feelings on this and a couple other ADAM games that should get the CV cart conversion treatment. :P Well, that would be when you hopefully get back to releasing new games in the future.

If I publish any more games after Jewel Panic, they will be my own games, which I will have programmed myself with BasicVision. After Jewel Panic, I'm out of the "oursourced project" business.