IGNORED

Space Raid for Intellivision (early alpha screenshots)

nanochess

• 5 weeks later...

Just an update for any user reading this old thread.

Space Raid for Intellivision can now be ordered from here http://atariage.com/forums/topic/224570-the-official-ordering-page-for-space-raid-intellivision-homebrew/

Thanks to Revolutionika, retroillucid, coleco_master and all the fine people involved in getting this ready for a release :)

• Like 1

You sound like Rob Ford......Yes, I smoked crack. Am I a crack addict? No!

Ha! I actually dont even know who Rob Ford is.......

I had recently watched the Will Smith movie: I,Robot.......And for some reason, this line popped in my head.

Dont read too much into it..... :P

post-19433-0-72333900-1398390304_thumb.jpg

Any updated new Youtube video of the gameplay? thanks!

Just I've checked and the only additions after this video were an updated high-score table and some slight enhancements in sound and control. Gameplay graphics stay the same.

BTW, Youtube doesn't capture well the force field/wall flicker because it limits frame rate to 30hz. It looks a lot better in real hardware. ;)

• Like 1

Just I've checked and the only additions after this video were an updated high-score table and some slight enhancements in sound and control. Gameplay graphics stay the same.

BTW, Youtube doesn't capture well the force field/wall flicker because it limits frame rate to 30hz. It looks a lot better in real hardware. ;)

Maybe it's already done or to late to do, but can you put the back wall a little bit more apart from the floor? But on the other hand, maybe it looks only to my this way.

It's a great game and I can't wait to play it!

• Like 1

Cool. Thanks for update!

I was just curious to know if there was something done to improve the transitions between stages. Perhaps it's an artifact of the lower frame-rate of the video, but it seems that, even though there's a defined edge to the space station (like in the original arcade version), and it scrolls as if the player is coming within range; the entire screen turns blue. Also, that edge (and all other game elements) seem to only span half the width of the blue field, further diminishing the effect.

I suppose the green line represents the lateral edge of the play-field, where the wall starts, right?

It's a bit visually confusing to me, and I thought that these were just artifacts during development.

-dZ.

I was just curious to know if there was something done to improve the transitions between stages. Perhaps it's an artifact of the lower frame-rate of the video, but it seems that, even though there's a defined edge to the space station (like in the original arcade version), and it scrolls as if the player is coming within range; the entire screen turns blue. Also, that edge (and all other game elements) seem to only span half the width of the blue field, further diminishing the effect.

I suppose the green line represents the lateral edge of the play-field, where the wall starts, right?

It's a bit visually confusing to me, and I thought that these were just artifacts during development.

-dZ.

Yep, the entire screen turns color when changing from space to fortress and vice-versa. Some effects were a compromise between hardware limitations and game speed.

And you're right, the line represents the wall start. The altitude indicator standing at left helps greatly

Yep, the entire screen turns color when changing from space to fortress and vice-versa. Some effects were a compromise between hardware limitations and game speed.

And you're right, the line represents the wall start. The altitude indicator standing at left helps greatly

There may be other ways to implement the transition in a cleaner way. Any chance of that being changed in a future version, perhaps as a ROM-only release?

There may be other ways to implement the transition in a cleaner way. Any chance of that being changed in a future version, perhaps as a ROM-only release?

I think the carts are not done yet. The game is already a great piece of art but maybe a few tips from programmer colleagues would be the bit on the way to perfection.

Ah, so the game is not out yet, then there's still time! :)

I'd be happy to assist with ideas, code, support, or testing, as needed. However, I suggest we go to one of the programming threads for it rather than boring all the good non-programming people with technical stuff.

-dZ.

• 7 years later...