IGNORED

DUNGEON homebrew on 7800

lhfreak

I got DUNGEON for Christmas and it wasn't working too well on my 7800. When you first start the game moving up and down is fine, but when you try to move right it resets with you standing outside the castle. I finally hooked up 2600 jr and the game works perfectly fine on that. Does it normally work on the 7800? Do I have a defective copy maybe?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Out of curiosity, I tried Dungeon on my 7800 and it doesn't work.

On my 2600, my copy of Dungeon has a strange, random glitch. Every once-in-a-while a slime is invincible. I did over 40 points damage before I was eventually killed by the incredible hulk slime :skull:

At first I was frustrated by this (and even bitched to Albert), but soon I kinda liked this twist to my game and decided to keep it. I have learned that sometimes you have to run.

I would also love to see a 7800 version of Dungeon. It is one of my favorite Homebrews.

• Like 1

Hmm... you know, other than Bentley and a bit about DK, we haven't heard a LOT about the XM's game lineup in quite awhile. I didn't even know Dungeon was on that list....

It was the WIP title for Grooveybee's Gauntlet clone. Which probably explains why you haven't heard much about it since presumably all of his games are permanently shelved at this point.

Interesting quote. I really don't want to get another flame war started, but GB stating (in a PM or otherwise) that he's not focusing on XM games at the moment because "nobody could play them right now anyway", when the biggest reason for this is because he himself abandoned the project before the hardware was finished is kind of potato.

Hopefully all, or at least the finished XM game he developed see the light of day at some point. Kind of hard to tell what will happen though, given the virtual "radio silence" on it publicly from him.

Edited by ColecoGemini
  • Like 2

Again, not to stir the waters again, but... well, I can see getting... nonchalant... about 7800XM releases at this point, much less working on them. But you're right that Curt is partially responsible for all those delays. But, still, I don't see why we're not seeing these nearly-done games put out on the 'extended carts' that we now have. You would think that Curt would want his EXISTING work available...

But I'm weird about that sort of thing. I love having my work out there.

Interesting quote. I really don't want to get another flame war started, but GB stating (in a PM or otherwise) that he's not focusing on XM games at the moment because "nobody could play them right now anyway", when the biggest reason for this is because he himself abandoned the project before the hardware was finished is kind of potato.

Hopefully all, or at least the finished XM game he developed see the light of day at some point. Kind of hard to tell what will happen though, given the virtual "radio silence" on it publicly from him.

No flame by me - I agree with you. :)

Just hopeful that when the XM is released to the masses, we may see GB's game(s).

Most of my friends don't understand my allure to game systems that aren't the most current technology.

I'm not comparing retro systems to modern systems; I thought it was shoddy when it originally came out. Marginally better than the 2600 even though it was developed 3 years later.

I don't understand the allure of the Intellivision. Colecovision, yeah, but not Plimpton's console.

I can really boil it down to the sports games. While the 'arcade game' aspect of Intellivision was anemic (though it had some classics), the sports games just blew the Atari away. The Coleco sports games were just badly put together, and COULD have buried the Intellivision otherwise, however. Also, the Blue Sky Rangers did do wonders with the limited hardware and nonsensical business demands they were working under.

I can really boil it down to the sports games. While the 'arcade game' aspect of Intellivision was anemic (though it had some classics), the sports games just blew the Atari away. The Coleco sports games were just badly put together, and COULD have buried the Intellivision otherwise, however. Also, the Blue Sky Rangers did do wonders with the limited hardware and nonsensical business demands they were working under.

It's too bad those guys didn't pull an Activision on Mattel...