IGNORED

Original Xbox Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis pricing insanity?

Blazing Lazers

Having returned to buying up original Xbox titles lately, Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis is one I was figuring I should finally get, since it always seems to make the lists of rarest and most valuable games for the system and I always passed on getting a copy back when Gameflop still had original Xbox stuff in stores. I regret that now, having seen this:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_sop=12&_nkw=jurassic+park+operation+genesis+xbox&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

It ain't that rare, is it???? Just a few years ago there were still plenty copies on Gamestop shelves, and I thought that $29-$39 was way high at the time. Anyone else floored by those sales, or is original Xbox stuff really starting to spike???

There are only a few titles that are highly sought after at this point. Most Xbox games can be found cheap and without much competition. My local retro game stores have tons of them and they consider them to be low and slow sellers. They do BOGO deals for them all the time and I can always talk them down on the price. Battlefront 2 is the main game people go in asking about.

There are only a few titles that are highly sought after at this point. Most Xbox games can be found cheap and without much competition. My local retro game stores have tons of them and they consider them to be low and slow sellers. They do BOGO deals for them all the time and I can always talk them down on the price. Battlefront 2 is the main game people go in asking about.

Cool- and that Battlefront II still is in demand comes as no surprise. It is still one of the few original Xbox games that I've never stopped playing ever since it was released. Out of curiosity though, have you ever seen the Jurassic Park game at that store?

It's a bit of a shame, but typical of "rare" games. Jurassic Park will continue to go up in price for the sake of "collectability", as opposed to it being because it's a good game. At least Battlefront II is a pretty good game.

That must the cause, as I know and well remember all of the game stores around here always had a copy or two on shelves. Though they never did go down in price below $20. I was never interested in paying above that for a simulator sort of game. If it had been a shooter with the level of graphics like what Dino Crisis 3 has, then I'd have gladly payed up for it.

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that they check Ebay prices.

If you were a used/retro game store, why wouldn't you check prices on eBay/Amazon/whatever? If some idiot is willing to pay $150 for that Xbox game, wouldn't want to be the one to sell the game for that price to them?