IGNORED

FS: refurbished modded Gameboy Advance and Gameboy Micro's + GBA Games

Kedaj

Quick update:

I called PayPal and sent them the evidence as well as links to this thread and Ali Express. They are forwarding this to their counterfeit goods department, so if I send the unit back, it will probably be to them. As for the one from eBay, I'm going to just wait it out as the PayPal case should be done within 24-72 hours and from Florda, I should be able to throw a quick email eBay's way for the case.

Also, I contacted Secret Service and they told me that because in their eyes it was a low cost good, I'd have to file a report with my local police department. I will do that once I get back. I encourage all of you that actually received your items to do the same.

There could have been so many lessons learned here.

First off, there are plenty of suckers like me that would buy a knock off product if it was clearly marked as such. I love my GB Boy Color. Why pizz off an educated audience when a little honesty can net you blokes like me willing to try a hong kong pirate?

Second, I work in retail. The customer is NOT always right. When they are right and it's obvious then you own up and take it. Why try to shave a few bucks off of an angry customer in a failed transaction? Just pay for the shipping!

• Like 1

As identified by JohnnyBlaze, all of them are counterfeit.

I saw where he noted that the shells and the box were made in China, but that's it. Which post were the PCBs compared in?

I understand that all this seems shady, but I haven't seen anything yet that disproves the seller's story of putting original electronics in a new (refurb) casing.

Edited by Rex Dart
  • Like 1

In order for these to be legit, she would have to take one original GBA, one GBA-SP with the brighter screen, one replacement case, and one replacement screen cover, and combine them together to make one "refurbished" unit with a modded screen. And then sell that for $65 shipped and make a profit.

Had I seen that she had "replaced" the shell and screen cover, I would have suspected enough not to buy. I missed that part. This chick is 100% scammer. The fact that I saw her reading this thread last night after I started posting (and sent her a PM) but has not responded in any way also points to her guilt.

• Like 2

I saw where he noted that the shells and the box were made in China, but that's it. Which post were the PCBs compared in?

I understand that all this seems shady, but I haven't seen anything yet that disproves the seller's story of putting original electronics in a new (refurb) casing.

If it was truly refurbished, there would not be a Chinese import tax sticker covering one of the screw holes. Unless you're Mr. Wizard, there's NO WAY you can replace a shell with the import sticker still intact.

Also, look at Ali Express and do a search for Game Boy Advance. You will find the same sticker on that as on this unit.

• Like 2

Same here. Good. If she doesn't ship it, it will be that much easier to get a refund out of Paypal. What a loser. Her and her friends act like high rollers on Twitter, but she has to sell knock-off GBAs online. LOL. Speaking of which, her Twitter account has also been on radio silence since this all blew up on Monday. Quite a feat from someone who seems like a bit of a Twitterholic.

So has yours been shipped yet Jibbajaba? Mine still just says electronic info received as of Monday the 13th and hasn't changed off of that status since?

• Like 2

She broke radio silence on Twitter and posted this:

TIL: don't anger the white man. They're all spoiled and act immature when they don't get what they want.

https://twitter.com/kelsygram/status/423955256486010881

Yeah, because the problem is us being spoiled while guys, not her being dishonest.

• Like 1

Any other "victims" have an update yet? She of course hasn't shipped the item, refunded my money, or even responded to the paypal claim. I think she has 4 more days. Honestly, I've gotten my $65 worth in entertainment value. The fact that she even tried to argue after she was caught red-handed is priceless. And it's amazing what you can find out about a person with some basic web searching.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Got my money from PayPal.

eBay won't give me a refund without a "certified letter" saying it's a knockoff. I showed them this thread, the AliExpress website and even had email from people I know at Gamestop and Best Buy. Still nothing.

The Secret Service and FBI offices in Newark told me to contact my local police department.

The local police won't do anything being it's a "low-cost item".

So, PayPal helped and eBay fucked me. Nice.....

Still, I'm glad to see other people were able to be helped and saved from this.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...