IGNORED

Team Pixelboy trading card project - The Official thread!

Pixelboy

The Purple proto box has already been preserved and scanned by the Colecovision Brotherhood

So, YES, as long as you credit the ColecoVision Brotherhood

:)

Glad to hear that this one was already scanned! BTW, did anyone here ever acquire the reproduction purple box that the eBay seller of the original box made and added the picture of Greenberg to one of the flaps?

Pixelboy, on 07 Jan 2014 - 7:50 PM, said:Pixelboy, on 07 Jan 2014 - 7:50 PM, said:Pixelboy, on 07 Jan 2014 - 7:50 PM, said:Pixelboy, on 07 Jan 2014 - 7:50 PM, said:Pixelboy, on 07 Jan 2014 - 7:50 PM, said:Pixelboy, on 07 Jan 2014 - 7:50 PM, said:Pixelboy, on 07 Jan 2014 - 7:50 PM, said:

They will come in packs of 55 cards, but I'm thinking of altering this number. I mean, I still have to place orders of 55 cards with the german printer, that will not change, but one thing I'm thinking of doing is keeping 5 of those cards for a later set, and just selling packs of 50 cards. That way, I could provide a protective plastic casing like this one with each set. Only 50 cards can fit in those plastic casings. I haven't made up my mind about this idea yet, I'm just thinking out loud. :)

My hero! Thanks a bunch J-F! :D

It's certainly not a bad idea, in fact it's quite interesting, but I don't know, it seems like an unnecessary "hey-look-at-me" ego thing from my point of view... What do the rest of you guys think?

I really like the idea of pictures/cards of each of the Homebrew Makers!! JF would need a little bit of photo shop and have all of the Collectorvision games shooting out of his hands like a web from Spiderman! :lol: Or better yet have Toby and JF having a stand off like a couple of cowboys shooting Collectorvision carts at each other :lol: You could also have one of Daniel playing a Colecovision "guitar like" and have games coming out of it that look like music notes ;-) :thumbsup: It would be cool to have fun with those, if anyone else has a idea for a Homebrew scene card feel free to throw idea's out there and see what sticks :-D

Edited by RelliK111

I really like the idea of pictures/cards of each of the Homebrew Makers!! JF would need a little bit of photo shop and have all of the Collectorvision games shooting out of his hands like a web from Spiderman! :lol: Or better yet have Toby and JF having a stand off like a couple of cowboys shooting Collectorvision carts at each other :lol: You could also have one of Daniel playing a Colecovision "guitar like" and have games coming out of it that look like music notes ;-) :thumbsup: It would be cool to have fun with those, if anyone else has a idea for a Homebrew scene card feel free to throw idea's out there and see what sticks :-D

I would prefer Naked women on card instead of J-F or Daniel .... (and please... don't propose Naked J-F !!!) :-o :-o :-o :-o

I just saw this on ebay and thought it was interesting...damn expensive though. Do you guys know about these ColecoVision cards? http://www.ebay.com/itm/ColecoVision-Trading-Cards-Series-1-2-Plus-Binder-Brand-New-Ultra-Rare-R10-/281243147623?pt=Video_Games&hash=item417b65dd67

They were limited run productions made by Phil Boland with all the release information posted here on AtariAge. Just do a search using "PBoland" and the threads with all the details will be listed as well as others that cover Phil's tremendous handiwork such as replacement cart labels, ADAM labels, overlays and posters... and that's just the CV & ADAM related items that he has done.

• 3 weeks later...

I just finished scanning all the commercial boxes in my personal CIB collection. My collection is mostly american, and with the help of NIAD and Crapahute, I was able to reduce my want-list to a minimum. Here are the box scans which I'm still looking for:

- B.C.'s Quest for Tires II - Grog's Revenge (american box variant)

- The Dam Busters (canadian box variant)

- Frogger (canadian box variant)

- Frogger II - Threeedeep! (american box variant)

- Gyruss (american box variant)

- Motocross Racer (Xonox box)

- Popeye (american box variant)

- Popeye (canadian box variant)

- Robin Hood / Sir Lancelot (Xonox double-ender)

- Rocky - Super Action Boxing (american box variant)

- Smurf - Paint 'n' Play Workshop (canadian box variant)

- Star Trek - Strategic Operations Simulator (canadian box variant)

- Star Wars - The Arcade Game (american version)

- Super Cobra (canadian box variant)

- Tomarc the Barbarian / Motocross Racer (Xonox double-ender)

- Tutankham (american box variant)

As you can see from the list above, I am mainly concentrating on the north-american boxes, but I also managed to sort out my needs for the australian boxes, and I am currently missing these CBS4 box scans:

- Carnival

- Cosmic Avenger

- Frenzy

- Lady Bug

- River Raid

- Smurf

- Time Pilot

- Venture

I plan on updating teampixelboy.com with the above lists, but before I do, I want to give AtariAge members a chance to step forward and provide me with the box scans I'm missing.

Send me a PM if you can help. Thanks in advance! ;)

EDIT: By the way, could someone please confirm that there is such a thing as the yellow-box version of Quest for Quintana Roo?

I'll try to find some time this week to do the American boxes and then post an update here.

Yes, Quest for Quintana Roo was released in a Yellow Box and I have it. As far as the five Sunrise releases, all five were released in silver/grey boxes and four of them were released in yellow boxes. The only one that did not get the yellow box treatment was Mountain King because it was released after Sunrise switched to the silver/grey box.

Quick update: So far, people have submitted these:

- Gyruss (american box variant)

- Popeye (canadian box variant)

- Rocky - Super Action Boxing (american box variant)

- Star Wars - The Arcade Game (american version)

- Venture (australian (CBS4) version)

Many thanks for the above, and keep 'em coming please! :D

I'm surprised no one has the canadian version of Dam Busters, I thought it was pretty common. I do own a CIB copy of it, but the box has some ugly scotch tape on it, and as such is not suitable for scanning.

I'm surprised no one has the canadian version of Dam Busters, I thought it was pretty common. I do own a CIB copy of it, but the box has some ugly scotch tape on it, and as such is not suitable for scanning.

I have a copy too, though my box is also beat to hell.

Has anyone heard from Junior of ColecoVision Zone lately seeing as he could probably help out with some of the missing French/Canadian boxes... as well as J-F.

Junior didn't buy any of my latest Team Pixelboy releases (he didn't even reply to the Christmas e-mail I sent him) and I noticed that he sold some CV stuff on eBay a while ago. He may have left the CV behind...

As for J-F, maybe it's just me, but he seems to be avoiding me for some reason.

EDIT: Well speak of the devil... Yes J-F, I have a good scan of Aquattack, curtesy of NIAD. :)

Nah, nothing personal Luc, I don't reply much to mails these days

But it's all about me and how I feel, no worries, I should be all ok over the next week.... Hopefully....

Okay then, I'll just discuss the Super Action Baseball thingy with Tobie, feel free to ignore it.

The front of mine isn't bad, but it's got a Zellers price sticker on it. :twisted:

Or send phattyboombatty a PM about his SAB box. He sent a sample out to everyone that was involved, but he hasn't posted any further news on availability and I would need his permission to scan mine.

I'll discuss it with Greg when I get the chance, but the "Super Action Baseball thingy" I mentioned was just an idea I wanted to submit to J-F and Tobie. :)