IGNORED

Lode Runner - Help

VectorGamer

What's the deal with the second level - I'm not able to progress. There's a gold nugget secured inside four walls on the bottom left that I'm guessing you have to get before you are allowed to go up the top right ladder. But how are you supposed to get that nugget?

Some comments on the game:

- could've used some music

- I like playing this in fast mode reminds me of Jumpman Junior

Hi,

When you are directly above the area where the 2 gold nuggets are, you have to dig 2 contiguous holes on the platform you are standing on, fall in, then dig another hole on the second platform. As you progress through the game, you'll see a lot of those enclosed areas, with varying amount of platforms above. Essentially, you must dig as many holes on the 1st platform as there are platforms to go through. Then on each subsequent platforms, you dig all the holes you can (which will always be one less hole than the previous platform)

I tried to keep the game as close to the C64 version as possible. That's why I didn't put in extra music. I did program a couple of different jingles that play when you finish a level though.

Edited by tabachanker2
  • Like 1

I just wanted to say that this is an awesome port. I played the whole 150 levels on a mac plus years back. I love the fact that you have the option of slow or fast. The fast is the way to go and the controls are responsive.

The speed of the game, the responsiveness of the controls, the look of the levels and music all match what I was expecting. And it's in colour since the mac version was Black & White that is a nice change.

Anyways highly recommended. This is a pick up & play game that will never get old. Some coleco games have not dated well. This game can be enjoyed by anyone even if they are not a colecovision partisan.

• Like 1