IGNORED

Who Has Had Hardware Issues? (raises hand)

DaytonaUSA

Just curious who else on the AA forums has had issues with their PS4 hardware, system and controller included.

Personally, I'm on my second system and third controller. The first two controllers both had horribly sticky R1 triggers. The second one literally wouldn't unstick on it's own, it was that bad. The first two also had heavy wear on the rubber topped joysticks, which I thought was odd as I treat my stuff like the king's jewels.

My third DualShock doesn't have the excessive wear issue on the joysticks, which is good, and so far my triggers don't stick... which is great. Maybe a bad initial batch? One thing that erks me though is that my first and third DS controllers creak on the left "handle". A little nitpick I know, but still. I guess it's better than Xbox's drifting non-centered joysticks. I couldn't take that..

My first PS4 from launch is at Sony for good. During disc based games, and later even at the home PS screen, the system would make a horrible vibration noise that could be heard anywhere in the house. You could make it go away by firmly pressing on the center of the top of the console. Not sure what that's all about.

My new system is fine though.

Cant say I'm too surprised. I knew going in, especially with Sony launch hardware, that I might encounter issues. At the very least, the issues seem to be resolved, which means someone noticed there was an issue and cared enough to fix it, which is good.

Anyone else in my boat? Or did everyone else escape unscathed?

Mine worked fine but I cant say that the packaging at Amazon was good. It was bad, mine was thrown in a larger box with only one bubble strip. Thankfully the system worked but a thumbs down for Amazons shipping service.

There's a thread here talking about launch issues etc:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/218646-for-anyone-else-who-got-a-doa-ps4/

• 2 weeks later...

Wow -- that's awful to hear, Daytona...My PS4 and two controllers have worked flawlessly thus far. And the console doesn't shift or tip over, as some people have mentioned. On the other hand, the XB1 controller that came with my system didn't work, and I had to replace it.

More concerning to me personally is that Forza (while awesome) is the only XB1 exclusive game -- whether out now or slated for 2014 release -- that is of any interest to me (in the meantime, my wife loves using the XB1 for streaming Hulu Plus and Amazon Instant Video, as it runs much faster and more smoothly than the PS3 or 360).

Wow -- that's awful to hear, Daytona...My PS4 and two controllers have worked flawlessly thus far. And the console doesn't shift or tip over, as some people have mentioned. On the other hand, the XB1 controller that came with my system didn't work, and I had to replace it.

More concerning to me personally is that Forza (while awesome) is the only XB1 exclusive game -- whether out now or slated for 2014 release -- that is of any interest to me (in the meantime, my wife loves using the XB1 for streaming Hulu Plus and Amazon Instant Video, as it runs much faster and more smoothly than the PS3 or 360).

Yeah, I've been loving my streaming TV as it runs a lot better than the PS3 (on PS4). Yeah, guess it's just launch week jitters. I think they've weeded out whatever manufacturing issues they had. But yeah, the initial experiences kinda sucked, but the system has been a blast so far, and everything has been working since... so I guess I'm good for now.