IGNORED

Art of Atari - book in progress and need help

lapetino

Well I’ve had this preordered for a few months but Amazon today helpfully tells me it’s backordered. :(

They need the posters to change the look of all their new Whole Foods stores.

(I also got the backordered email from Amazon today.)

• Like 1

(I also got the backordered email from Amazon today.)

No email for me. I just went to the Amazon app to see if had shipped and saw "We'll email you when this item is available" in my Order Details screen even though I still have the open pre-order.

Hey, all.

This is a complete surprise to me. I checked in with Dynamite, my publisher, and they are looking into it. I'm not sure what's going on but I will update here and on Facebook as soon as I know more. I'm honestly pretty frustrated.

Thanks for the patience.

• Like 2

Just checked Amazon and received the following message...

Important Messages

We thought you should know that there's a delay with the item(s) listed below. You'll need to approve this delay so that we can continue processing this part of your order. We apologize for any inconvenience.

*No worries and thanks for the update Tim.

Edited by sramirez2008
  • Like 1

Important Messages

We thought you should know that there's a delay with the item(s) listed below. You'll need to approve this delay so that we can continue processing this part of your order. We apologize for any inconvenience.

You know, a couple other friends have said they got the same notice from Amazon. I don't see anything like that, just "Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date."

I've actually got two copies of the poster book on pre-order. One to keep as a book, one to cut up and stick on the wall!

I preordered two copies as well, for the same reason! I'll be so happy to get poster-sized prints of this beautiful artwork! All I need now is a dedicated game room to hang them in ...

So just got a message from Dynamite. They are perplexed by this too as the books are being shipped from Diamond, the distributor. Not sure what Amazon's issue is.

But at least we know books are moving.

Excellent news! Maybe we need to cancel with Amazon and place our orders with Whole Foods?

• Like 1

So I just heard from Dynamite. Apparently there was some issue with books getting shipped from Diamond distribution to Amazon. They seemed to be sitting on them for some unknown reason. But they are now going to be shipped to them so they will be available beginning July 4.

Sorry for the delay -- it's pretty annoying. Any Chicagoans who don't want to wait for those to ship can come buy a copy and have me sign it tomorrow night, June 22, at Logan Arcade in Chicago. https://www.facebook.com/events/216057835573744/?ti=icl

• Like 2

Important Messages

Same thing here. No worries - it will get here whenever. I'm pretty busy at the moment anyhow.

Are we still talking about the Art of Atari book here? I got the Kindle/ComiXology version cheaply a while back, it looks nice.

Still available for $9.36 if you don't need the dead tree version. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01I1YU47U/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1

Actually, the followup book, Art of Atari Poster Collection: https://www.amazon.com/Art-Atari-Poster-Collection-Lapetino/dp/1524103020

• Like 1