IGNORED

Art of Atari - book in progress and need help

lapetino

Has the deluxe edition's limited edition print been shown anywhere?

Not yet. I didn't get a chance to share a pic of it yet. Will try and do it some time later today after I land in Portland. It looks amazing. For those of you who will be at PRGE, I'll see you there!

• Like 1

This has been a good month for books!

Art of Atari is a big book, and it's absolutely packed! Here's a pic of it next to Super Breakout and the other book I got this month, to give you an idea of the size of it:

post-2641-0-37460000-1477455544_thumb.jpg

And to be fair, the other book is actually two volumes, so it's cheating. ;)

I've been pouring over Art of Atari for the past hour or so, and I just kept thinking the same thing, over and over...

Wow.

This is a must have for any Atari fan. The amount of work that has gone into this is astonishing.

It's a real treasure trove of Atari art, history and stories, and really shines the light on the people who made all of that incredible artwork happen.

The quality is absolutely first-rate. This is not a hastily assembled, quick-print book. The printing is beautiful, and the design is excellent. The artwork is huge, and presented front-and-center as it should be.

The original, rejected Pac-Man artwork is mind-blowing. The chapter on "Making things the analog way" brought me back to the days of speccing type and cutting amberlith. Ah... those were the days. (Can't say I really miss them though.) There's so much good stuff, it's going to take me weeks to fully get through it all.

Buy this book. Right now. You don't even have to get the Deluxe Edition (but it is oh, so nice).

My only (minor) quibble - I wish the industrial design and coin-op sections were bigger. But maybe a sequel? :D

Anyway, just one thing left to say: thank you, Tim!

It's awesome.

• Like 7

Thanks so much for the kind words, Nathan.

I am so glad that you and many others in our community are digging on the book. It means a ton to me! We wanted this to be a book that would satisfy our crowd here, while still appealing to folks who only have a passing familiarity to Atari. Hopefully we succeeded at both.

And I too wish we could have done more with Coin-Op and ID, but those were the limits of time and space, and we pushed the boundaries of page count as it is.

I appreciate all of you and the support and encouragement and help that came my way during the odyssey it took to make this book. :)

This has been a good month for books!

Art of Atari is a big book, and it's absolutely packed! Here's a pic of it next to Super Breakout and the other book I got this month, to give you an idea of the size of it:

attachicon.gifart-of-atari.jpg

And to be fair, the other book is actually two volumes, so it's cheating. ;)

I've been pouring over Art of Atari for the past hour or so, and I just kept thinking the same thing, over and over...

Wow.

This is a must have for any Atari fan. The amount of work that has gone into this is astonishing.

It's a real treasure trove of Atari art, history and stories, and really shines the light on the people who made all of that incredible artwork happen.

The quality is absolutely first-rate. This is not a hastily assembled, quick-print book. The printing is beautiful, and the design is excellent. The artwork is huge, and presented front-and-center as it should be.

The original, rejected Pac-Man artwork is mind-blowing. The chapter on "Making things the analog way" brought me back to the days of speccing type and cutting amberlith. Ah... those were the days. (Can't say I really miss them though.) There's so much good stuff, it's going to take me weeks to fully get through it all.

Buy this book. Right now. You don't even have to get the Deluxe Edition (but it is oh, so nice).

My only (minor) quibble - I wish the industrial design and coin-op sections were bigger. But maybe a sequel? :D

Anyway, just one thing left to say: thank you, Tim!

It's awesome.

• Like 2

Just got my Deluxe edition today Wow its great sleeve is designed beautifully and sturdy love the Look of it as a cart box and Missile Command is one of my top 3 games so the color is spot on.

the book it self looking like a cart is really great the little art poster I found in back cover I may just frame it. The pages inside each cover with screen shots is really cool. I only had time to scan through it a little but its worth a sit down and just read cover to cover.

It maybe Art of Atari but the book itself is ART!!!!

Wonderful job Will try to leave a review on Amazon where I preordered awhile ago for you

• Like 1