IGNORED

The Legend of Zelda-A Link Between Worlds: Thoughts

Unbeliever

I am probably a little late to the party (I usually am), but I picked up this title after the holidays, having heard incredibly rave reviews from players all over the place. Wasn't it IGN that posted this as "game of the year for 2013"? Anyway, I've played it for a bit, but haven't got super far in it. Overall, I'm finding this to be an incredibly fun and addictive title in the Zelda series. However, there are frustrating spots (aren't there always?) that I personally could use an "easy" button for (the falling from one platform to another on the way to the mine, for example east of that temple what's it's name).

My reaction and judgement time ain't what it used to be. I think I died in that particular spot about a dozen times before stopping game play before my $170.00 system ended up as parts on the wall. Now, Mario & Luigi: Dream Team have a feature that will enable you to play through a battle in "easy" mode, which has helped me out a few times. I kinda wish Zelda would offer a "would you like to get some assistance moving through this area" mode, or something like that..or would it just be easier to turn the 3D off in that platform falling hope you make it area?

If gamers and Zelda fans have any thoughts on this title, please chime in. I'm looking for folks who have a critical eye for gaming, and most of you do around here and the experience of many Zelda titles to compare this one to.

Steve

• Like 1

I personally wasn't a fan of a link between worlds. Granted, I tend to prefer the "3D" Zeldas to the "2D" (or over top view) ones, and this was more of a nod to the SNES era than anything. But I just didn't feel it.

I know that all Zeldas are supposed to be "godly games of all time", but I think this was a bit of a low point for the series in my opinion. If others liked it, that's awesome, too. Just my thoughts.

I'm beginning to think it's going to be hard for Nintendo to wow me as much as OoT did. Maybe one day.

Edited by DaytonaUSA

I'm currently playing it too and enjoying every minute of it. The trick to the game is to save before entering a dungeon and just before meeting a boss. I like the top down approach over the 3D open world versions. It takes me back to playing the original on the NES and SNES. I'm also in the mountains. Pretty early in the game.