IGNORED

FS: SDrive boards

ctirad

Hello,

I have a couple of tested SDrive boards for sale. It's my SMD recreation of the original SDrive http://raster.infos.cz/atari/hw/sdrive/sdriveen.htm

The only change is that is lacks DIP switch so the drive ID is hardwired to D1 and the write protect is directly connected to the SD slot. I believe most people don't need it anyway.

The price is 25 EUR plus 5 EUR worldwide shipping.

There are only limited number of the boards and I'm not going to make another ones.

post-21370-0-20546500-1389390865_thumb.jpg

post-21370-0-47807900-1389390875_thumb.jpg

post-21370-0-87696400-1389390884_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

hmm price seems a bit off, its only 36 Eur shipping included for a FULL functional SIO2SD.......

I think what equates to 20 GBP + P&P looks pretty fair. And what's not FULLY functional about this unit?

As for casing: I think this is one instance where it won't be missed. Surely the vast majority of these will end up sitting above the SIO port inside the machine.

Edited by flashjazzcat
  • Like 1

Doensnt this "drive ID is hardwired to D1" mean that you can not use 4 SDrives simultaneous?

Why would you want to use 4 SDrives simultaneously? The SDrive can emulate up to 4 drives at once (+ boot floppy).

While the SDrive SMD has the basic ID hardwired to D1, it means it is fixed to D1, D2, D3 and D4 and not, say, D4,D5,D6 and D7.

Edited by ctirad

Looks pretty good! But today I concluded I already have far far far too much atari 8bit stuff.

I can't believe I wrote that line... my motto was always so far: there isn't such a thing as too much atari 8bit stuff!

But seriously.... There is at this moment enough space for me to sit on a fixed place in my atari room, and there are a few spots where 2 feet can stand together, and where I have to jump to to leave the room without breaking anything.... so no, even this is a very small pcb, I think I'll pass this time.

I want one. :)

Fits perfect in my 1-MB-600XL-with-5000-built-in-games. I want to hide it in my machine without access to buttons and sd card.

Well, without access to the buttons you will need to power cycle atari every time you will want to boot from another floppy. That is not practical at all.

I can imagine that you can make a couple of picodos 16MB ATRs filled with most existing atari stuff, name the first one SDRIVE.ATR and boot it directly as a harddrive partition, but you still not be able to run multidisk games and demos.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello ctirad,

I received the sdrive and I have been emailing you with a question about the board for a few days. I would like to drill 2 small holes in it for 4-40 screws to mount the sdrive inside of an 800XL. The attached picture shows where I would like to drill the holes. I'm not sure if the pc board has multiple layers so I don't want to ruin it. Thanks a lot.

redman

post-14426-0-15240600-1391452892_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Here are some pictures of the Sdrive mounted inside of my 800XL. I had trouble lining up the push button switches with the holes that I drilled. I said that I was sloppy. I also installed a 27C512 with 4 OS's, did the SuperVideo 2.1 video mod and installed the Freezer reset system that allows a cold boot with the power still on. I put a 9 pin dsub socket on the back and used 2 dpdt toggle switches so I can use the Sdrive externally with another Atari. I made an adaptor that plugs into the 9 pin and also an Atari SIO cable. I want to also be able to use the Sdrive with an 800XL that has the Ultimate 1MB board. I put 2 leds on the side to visually show which OS is currently selected.

The Sdrive works perfectly. Thanks a lot citrad!

post-14426-0-30076200-1393442071_thumb.jpg

post-14426-0-32885200-1393442079_thumb.jpg

post-14426-0-47058100-1393442094_thumb.jpg

post-14426-0-04201000-1393442103_thumb.jpg

post-14426-0-25957200-1393442111_thumb.jpg

• Like 1