IGNORED

Season 7 Round 12 - Mr. Do!

Mr. Do!

post-5757-0-37255300-1389489700_thumb.png

There's trouble in Mr. Do!'s orchard! All he wants to do is harvest all the goodies in it . . . but evil Badguys are chasing him every step of the way. Mow a path to the cherries and start picking, then have Mr. Do! throw his Power Ball to eliminate some of his pursuers. More Badguys just keep right on coming, though, so push apples down to squash them flat! It takes skill, strategy, speed and planning to clear out the orchard, get special bonuses and advance to an even more challenging orchard screen.

Game Information

Game Name: Mr. Do!
Released by: Coleco, 1983
Original arcade game by: Universal, 1982
CV HSC High Score: NA
TwinGalaxies High Score: 4,732,730 by Lowell Duncan (Jul 2006)
Settings: Skill 2
This game was suggested by: RJ

Contest Ends

Saturday, 25 January
at 12:00PM EST

Contest Rules

The HSC rules can be found here

Final High Scores

1. Northcoastgamer 1,462,730 [+100]
2. Colecovision 245,800 [+17]
3. S.BAZ 127,900 [+9]
4. atariron82 122,950 [+8]
5. ed1475 122,150 [+8]
6. jblenkle 121,600 [+8]
7. Darrin9999 112,050 [+8]
8. nanochess 109,500 [+7]
9. RJ 103,350 [+7]
10. darthkur 95,650 [+7]
11. roadrunner 47,350 [+3]

Leaderboard (up to end of prior round)

1. Northcoastgamer [880] (10) 8 5 1
2. jblenkle [565] (11) 2 2
3. Colecovision [448] (10) 1 2
4. ed1475 [429] (11) 1 2 1
5. nanochess [378] (11) 1
6. CoLethalVision [366] (7) 1 1
7. darthkur [315] (9) 1
8. roadrunner [268] (11)
9. Darrin9999 [210] (6) 1 2
10. Ikrananka [202] (6) 1
11. gamecat80 [147] (2) 1 1
12. S.BAZ [115] (3)
13. Manoau2002 [109] (4)
14. SpiceWare [81] (4)
15. Electric Adventures [57] (2)
16. patbb [53] (1)
17. Gaztee [43] (5)
18. wolfman24 [41] (4)
19. Liduario [33] (1)
20. chuckwalla [27] (1)
21. DonPedro [24] (1)
22. RJ [13] (1)
23. LoTonah [4] (1)
24. BillyHW [2] (1)

[ ] = Points
( ) = Rounds Played
BLUE = Rounds Won
PURPLE = Twin Galaxies Challenge Medals Won
GOLD = Seasons Won

Dunno about you guys but my cart gltches out often, drawing bars around Mr Do, putting more than 8 cherries in a group, etc. so when I see this I reset.

I would start off with cleaning your cart with one of the alcohol cleaners. Hopefully that does it, if it doesn't then it is possible your power switch is starting to go bad and you may have to clean and regrease that.

I have more-or-less dropped out of the HSC. I only played 2 rounds. It was fun at first, but I'll just sit back and let the "studs" play for the extremely high scores. ;-) I just cant see myself taking the time needed to even come close to these crazy high scores for one game -- I much rather play multiple fun games on my various systems. I play for fun and as an escape :P

I have more-or-less dropped out of the HSC. I only played 2 rounds. It was fun at first, but I'll just sit back and let the "studs" play for the extremely high scores. ;-) I just cant see myself taking the time needed to even come close to these crazy high scores for one game -- I much rather play multiple fun games on my various systems. I play for fun and as an escape :P

That really is a shame - the HSC is supposed to be for fun but I do understand that some of the high scores can be daunting. Thinking of next season, are there any change to the rules that you can imagine would make it more fun for someone like yourself?

That really is a shame - the HSC is supposed to be for fun but I do understand that some of the high scores can be daunting. Thinking of next season, are there any change to the rules that you can imagine would make it more fun for someone like yourself?

The only way I can think of bringing down some of the scores is to always choose the highest skill level

Im in the same boat in that I have multiple systems (& recently added 2 more handhelds) & more games than I know what to do with...but the HSCs encourage me to find &/or make time to participate.

& never in my wildest dreams would I consider myself a "stud" for playing in a friendly video game contest.

Can't really think of anything. I don't want you to change the rules just for me. I just can't imagine sitting down and even attempting to get four-million-seven-hundred thousand points for a game. I mean seriously.......4 MILLION points for one game? WTF? Who even has the time and patience for that :lolblue: I'm lucky to get 40,000-50,000 on Mr. Do after a couple attempts......then I get bored and go to another game.

& never in my wildest dreams would I consider myself a "stud" for playing in a friendly video game contest.

Stud......j/k :grin:

When I see these astronomical scores I just think "he has more time than I do" or "he's way better than me at this game."

& them's the breaks, plain & simple. If we start changing things to make it easier/accomodate everyone, that's just contributing to what's going on in America these days.

Life is not fair.

Edited by RJ

I had sort of the same feelings at one time. I did extremely well in most of the games and then along came someone who consistantly not only beat me, but put up unbelievably high scores that I could never, ever reach.

I finally just decided...screw it...I don't care about winning the competition anymore. I strive for reaching personal bests in the games we play. I've kept track of all my high scores in these games since the ColecoVision originally came out and it puts the FUN back in it when I beat an old score...even after years of not playing some of these games.

I've already doubled my best Mr. Do score from back in the 80s...don't know why, but these games seem much easier than they did way back when.

Edited by jblenkle

Myself never I have played these games, so everything is new and I get a very low score, but I'm having a lot of fun :) I've discovered lot of interesting things in these games that never I had seen.

Also I'm using the competition as a kind of "don't-work-too-much" pretext, one hour by week :D

Edited by nanochess
  • Like 1

1,462,730 (Phase 71) - Skill 2. Here's a pic of my final screen on this game. The score rolls after surpassing 655,350 points. This particular game was a double rollover - 1,310,700 + 152,030 = 1,462,730. I have uploaded this game in two parts on my youtube channel, Jeff Northcoastgamer Adkins. Some tips and techniques I developed years ago and tweaked here and there over the years. Enjoy!

post-34612-0-20165800-1389917239_thumb.jpg

1,462,730 (Phase 71) - Skill 2. Here's a pic of my final screen on this game. The score rolls after surpassing 655,350 points. This particular game was a double rollover - 1,310,700 + 152,030 = 1,462,730. I have uploaded this game in two parts on my youtube channel, Jeff Northcoastgamer Adkins. Some tips and techniques I developed years ago and tweaked here and there over the years. Enjoy!

Amazing! :o :thumbsup: