IGNORED

Status of game projects

Asmusr

Just curious about how many relatively active game projects/game developers we have. If you are working on a game please post a short description including the programming language. I'm working on Road Battle (assembler) - a scrolling racing game borrowing ideas from Road Fighter and Spy Hunter.

Thanks,

Rasmus

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

I've been away... Any interest in programming I was unable to spark in my daughter. She's got a TI-84 calculator and started programming it. She's already annoyed at how limiting it is... So, I told her about my TI computer in the basement and she was excited about learning. Hopefully that'll engage me here a bit more as well. And, maybe spark some ideas.

-H

• Like 1

Game projects by me for this year are;

Amityville

Language: TI Ext.Basic with The Missing Link

Text & graphical adventure game featuring a haunted house, it's based on the old "haunted house" game for the TRS-80 but features the house from The Amityville Horror (112 Ocean Avenue, Long Island, NY) ..... get the treasure and get out alive. This game is planned for release by Halloween 2014.

I also plan to make use of the new XB256 and compiler by Harry Wilhelm, ideas are already floating around, I was thinking of making another fruit machine game but really push the graphics this time (as more chars are allowed in Screen2 mode)

:)

Guess they can be counted on one hand then.

:)

You know what, Karsten, you are right.

I see the problem here - we have programmers of all levels on here, but a lot of guys here are just talking about hardware and stuff .... who is making the games? (This does not apply to those who have already made games, like, for instance, Rasmus, who until 2012/2013 nobody had heard of then suddenly BAM there's games coming out that rival the C64 ... no, actually, FLATTEN the C64. Thankyou Rasmus.)

We need more coders!

Karsten show them what you're made of. I struggle for time these days but I plan on making more.

• Like 3

I dabble in programming, but I do a lot better with hardware. Most of the software I wrote was not for games in the classic sense--I wrote character generation programs for 1st edition Dungeons and Dragons in Advanced BASIC and a bowling management program tailored to the needs of one of my friends while I was in Germany. I'm more a utilities kind of guy when I do the programming thing. . .but I love the games the rest of you produce! :)

• Like 1

My CRPG has been on the back-burner awhile... I'll get back to it!

For now, I've got a couple Extended BASIC projects going, converting games to the TI. Two of them are actually old Aardvark software games that, regretably, I haven't been able to find on any TI database or game site. I found Commodore 64 listings of them, though, so I'm hard at work re-imaging them for the TI, taking full advantage of what Extended BASIC and 32k RAM has to offer!

Adamantyr

I'm also working on the project that you can see in js99'er as "Dungeon demo" (under Preloads). It's planned to become a dungeon crawler game, and the idea is that when you run it on a F18A enhanced console the scrolling will be pixel smooth and there will be more colors for the tiles and sprites. It's not progressing as fast as usual because I ran into some problems with the right side panel on the F18A. Matthew is working on fixing those problems in a firmware update. I will probably also implement some level of F18A emulation in my emulator before I continue with the game.

• Like 5

I'm also working on the project that you can see in js99'er as "Dungeon demo" (under Preloads). It's planned to become a dungeon crawler game, and the idea is that when you run it on a F18A enhanced console the scrolling will be pixel smooth and there will be more colors for the tiles and sprites. It's not progressing as fast as usual because I ran into some problems with the right side panel on the F18A. Matthew is working on fixing those problems in a firmware update. I will probably also implement some level of F18A emulation in my emulator before I continue with the game.

Looking forward to that (the game as well as the F18A support :) )!

Short work-in-progress video of my Alex Kidd game that I work on every now and then when I get some free time. Got the scrolling and most of the physics worked out (jumping, gravity, acceleration and friction), spent a lot of time on that 'cause this type of game completely breaks down with bad controls. I now need to add descent sprite-world collision detection.

Oh, and you can't hear it in the video, but it has the exact master system song running in the background thanks to Tursi's gcc music player. Cool stuff!

• Like 9