IGNORED

Klax - Japanese Version

djrodderz

I do understand that, it's a completionist thing. I'd like the J-versions too, just as a curiosity. Several friends of mine collect full sets of games; usually by region. And when you have all official western Lynx games it is tempting to hunt for the japanese ones. Just a few games and you have another full set.

But for the Lynx there is just very few collectors. It's not like on SNES where you have to fight for a rare game because so many people want it. There's probably enough copies of Klax in existence to satisfy every collector and then some; you just have to be patient and wait for copies to leave Japan. With Rendering Ranger for SNES even if all copies were for sale now it wouldn't be nearly enough, that's why it's expensive.

My copy isn't actually missing the voices. I don't know if that means there are two different Japanese versions of to it's just misinformation about the voices being removed.

Definitely not misinformation about a variation with the voices being removed.

I posted a write up of many of the differences I observe in my copy here.

Looks like the $99 on Amazon might be a goer.

Does anyone have a complete list of the Japanese variants that were released ?

Be careful, it seems to be the western version sold in Japan, unless it's a stock photo.

Either ask LX.NET who said he has a spare or look for a Japanese resident to order the 14 $ copy from Surugaya, as there they actually have a pic of the Japanese box.

• Like 1

Could it be a defect?

No, if you change only 1 Bit anywhere in the ROM content it will only show the title screen. The game will not start.

All original Atari releases check the ROM content. (Only Gauntlet do not check complete ROM.)

I just checked my japanese Klax and it is identical to my normal copy.

The sad thing is that you are dependent on other people placing higher bids. I placed the highest current bid that is more than the $51 bid which is listed now. But unless someone comes along and places a higher bid, my proxy bid will not be used and the item will not meet its reserve. Hence no sale. Two people are unhappy. It only protects a seller that is afraid of not meeting the minimum he had in mind. My view is that a start bid that meets that number or a Buy It Now of that amount would be better. The Best Offer is another way to find out what people actually want to spend on it.

Let's see what the auction does.