IGNORED

Minter / TxK / T2K / and stuff

sh3-rg

It's nothing against the Vita. I'm sure it's great. I have never had any interest in portables and I never will. I imagine a lot of Jaguar and T2K fans are the same way. What you're pushing (rather hard) here is a $200 gaming system. That isn't worth buying just for the successor to T2K for me especially when I still enjoy T2K so much. But even more than that it is not worth buying for me because there is simply no occasion where I would play a handheld, even if I have TxK on it, so it would be entirely money wasted. The couple of good mobile games I've bought prove that. I was sure I'd play them... never did. If the game hits XBLA or PS3 I will be all over it.

It's nothing against the Vita. I'm sure it's great. I have never had any interest in portables and I never will. I imagine a lot of Jaguar and T2K fans are the same way. What you're pushing (rather hard) here is a $200 gaming system. That isn't worth buying just for the successor to T2K for me especially when I still enjoy T2K so much. But even more than that it is not worth buying for me because there is simply no occasion where I would play a handheld, even if I have TxK on it, so it would be entirely money wasted. The couple of good mobile games I've bought prove that. I was sure I'd play them... never did. If the game hits XBLA or PS3 I will be all over it.

Import a Vita TV from Japan

http://www.play-asia.com/playstation-vita-tv-paOS-13-49-en-70-726d.html

post-19213-0-32660300-1392274917_thumb.jpg

Edited by twoquickcapri
  • Like 1

I imagine a lot of Atari, Jaguar and T2K fans own a Lynx. ;)

Anyways...

WP_20140214_005_zps628eb381.jpg

• Like 6

Don't make me go hunting for my ps1 and Saturn tempest Xs to add to that gorgeous family photo!

Well I think I will never get any higher of a score for TxK, but I'm pleased with it.

attachicon.gif20140214_162252.jpg

At least for now..

Whahahhaaahah

God I love this game.

lol...Do it! I need to get Tempest for the PS1 and Saturn, along with the ST version as well.

Awesome score nonner! Hardcore..lol I haven't had much time and have only played four games of Pure. Up around 860,000 on Pure. I hope to get into the 7 digits tonight when I get home from work.

If anyone wants to add me, my PSNid is Havoc2049.

Edited by Major Havoc 2049

Don't make me go hunting for my ps1 and Saturn tempest Xs to add to that gorgeous family photo!

Well I think I will never get any higher of a score for TxK, but I'm pleased with it.

attachicon.gif20140214_162252.jpg

At least for now..

Whahahhaaahah

God I love this game.

Nice - earlier today on Pure I was in 128th with a little over 1.18 million. Not sure I'll ever score that high, but we'll see. I'm on PSN as MoparStephen, but I think I need to update my friends settings. I'm new to all this PSN stuff.

I've not made it all the way through yet, on around 70/71ish which still got me around the top 50 (54 as of this morning with 2.5m, you're in 5th). What's your best Pure score? Yak posted 4 million on that (and he even killed himself off when he reached it, so he's papable of much more!) but someone beat that just recently!

Nice - earlier today on Pure I was in 128th with a little over 1.18 million. Not sure I'll ever score that high, but we'll see. I'm on PSN as MoparStephen, but I think I need to update my friends settings. I'm new to all this PSN stuff.

You will on Classic, going from your best point on Pure, saving up your lives and choosing when to restart to build through the best final score... keeps it all really competitive but doable for anyone who puts in the time. I'm nowhere near the best T2K player around and can't breeze through the levels like Nonner242 can, but retry/retry/retry and I'll probably get there :lol:

Anyone even tried Survival?

Awesome score nonner! Hardcore..lol I haven't had much time and have only played four games of Pure. Up around 860,000 on Pure. I hope to get into the 7 digits tonight when I get home from work.

I've only played 5 games of Pure, but the last one I played, after hammering away at Classic puts you in good stead for those early sparse and simple levels (that don't seem at all like that, at least to me, when you first encounter them :lolblue: )

I'll try to add people above, I'm legoman-D. Here's a tip - also add the guy who isn't quite at the top of the Pure mode, the one with a beastly name :0)

I'm expecting some good Nonner scores today, every time I looked at my ps4 he's been there in "Llamasoft TxK"

Oh, and this: TxK OST now available! Lasers... lasers everywhere!

--

Im sure by now youll be well aware of just what a cracking soundtrack there is in TxK. Just as in T2K, the soundtrack really completes the game perfectly. Its just not be the same game with rubbish tunes.

What perhaps most people dont know is that the soundtrack came together in a most amazing way. Over on the Yakyak forum there are a bunch of talented musicians who hang out on the Moosicians subforum. Now at the time I started the TxK project there wasnt any way on earth I could actually afford to hire musicians to develop tracks for me, so I asked in the forum if anyone would be interested in donating tracks for the upcoming project.

A bunch of guys pitched in and the results are I am sure you will agree rather exceptional. I asked for tracks in the style of T2K and everyone had their own take on what that meant. Im amazed how excellently all the tracks fit together and how perfectly they suit the game. The result is a soundtrack that surpasses its original inspiration to become the best soundtrack any Llamasoft game has ever had.

It was awesome of everybody to have offered us these tracks to use in game just for the love of the TxK project and a fondness for all things Llamasoft, but we thought it would be nice for the musicians to at least be able to benefit from their work in a more concrete way (apart from the streams of job offers for work doing soundtracks for games that will inevitably flood in as a result of being in TxK of course ) and we thought it would be a good idea to make an OST available to buy, with the musicians sharing the proceeds amongst themselves.

Accordingly the soundtrack is now available, remastered, re-edited and better than ever get it on Bandcamp right now!

Click here to buy the TxK OST!

• Like 2

I'm expecting some good Nonner scores today, every time I looked at my ps4 he's been there in "Llamasoft TxK" Oh, and this:

Who me?

Naw. You just seeing me sitting a lot. 5-10 min here and there. I would say 2 1/2hrs pure neon death ray all day today.

My txk is a little on the strange side on save spots. I get them every 10 levels or more. Not based on best score. It kinda sucks. I'm wondering if lives count too. Or if my download is damaged. I also have the music cuts out 30sec or so into the game around level ...mid70s-80s. Its only one track so no biggie. Just very silent until the next music track/level begins.

By the way you know I couldn't let anyone have first for long. It just that Tempest is one of my favs and I'll prove it..lol

post-6530-0-88695900-1392501649_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Yeah.. I think I need to get a Vita, like.. soon. Especially if they are discontinuing the old models. It's been hard to justify, but when I really think about it, the original PSP has been my favorite handheld of pretty much the last decade. If the PS Vita is similar, I don't see why it won't be the one I enjoy the most for the next decade. I've already had multiple 3DS systems, but sold them all. I still play my regular PSP though. Great system.

• Like 1

Yeah - best is 620,000 last night. I can't get above 550,000 today though. It's a beast.

My first try (787K) put me a little behind nonner, so I don't feel so bad. :)

Want to get one of the current Vitas with the OLED screen, though, since the next version uses an LCD screen.

..Al

Sony finally found a way to move existing Vita stock, introduce new ones with crappy screens :P

• Like 4

Al, go to Best Buy online. I got an 8GB model with 3G and Wi-Fi, of course with the original OLED screen for $189 and shipping was free.

Yeah, I already have the 3G/Wi-Fi Vita in my cart ($199), as well as Ys and Tearaway. And I have a BB gift card burning a hole in my pocket, so I'll probably pull the trigger on that today.

..Al

• Like 1

Yeah, I already have the 3G/Wi-Fi Vita in my cart ($199), as well as Ys and Tearaway. And I have a BB gift card burning a hole in my pocket, so I'll probably pull the trigger on that today.

..Al

Tearaway - you're doing it right!

When you get set up, OlliOlli and Surge Deluxe are two to look out for, hearing good things from the guys who love TxK. My son would say Frobisher Says, it's free and he's 2 so ymmv :0)

Tearaway - you're doing it right!

When you get set up, OlliOlli and Surge Deluxe are two to look out for, hearing good things from the guys who love TxK. My son would say Frobisher Says, it's free and he's 2 so ymmv :0)

I picked up a Vita and Tearaway locally, but will have to buy Ys online. Purchased Tempe--I mean, TxK for $7.99 and first game scored 615,000. Have to do some work, so can't spend much more time playing right now. Uncharted also downloading (recently played all three Uncharted games on the PS3).

I do want to say to Sony: You can kiss my ass for your proprietary memory card and USB cable standards. Thankfully Best Buy price matches Amazon, so I was able to get a 16GB card for $37. Also, extremely lame they don't include a card at all, since it's pretty much essential to use the system!

Edit: Thanks for the recommendations on OlliOlli and Surge Deluxe--I'll check them out.

..Al

• Like 1

I picked up a Vita and Tearaway locally, but will have to buy Ys online. Purchased Tempe--I mean, TxK for $7.99 and first game scored 615,000. Have to do some work, so can't spend much more time playing right now. Uncharted also downloading (recently played all three Uncharted games on the PS3).

I do want to say to Sony: You can kiss my ass for your proprietary memory card and USB cable standards. Thankfully Best Buy price matches Amazon, so I was able to get a 16GB card for $37. Also, extremely lame they don't include a card at all, since it's pretty much essential to use the system!

Edit: Thanks for the recommendations on OlliOlli and Surge Deluxe--I'll check them out.

..Al

Bummer about the deal - the one I got for $189 did include an 8GB card. I'll prolly have to upgrade eventually, but for free, I wasn't going to turn it down.