IGNORED

IntyBASIC compiler

nanochess

I downloaded Inty Basic but cannot get it to work. I'm using a Mac with OS X 10.9.1. Via Terminal, I go to the folder which contains intybasic and type "intybasic game1.bas mygame.asm" When I do this I get a message saying "intybasic: command not found." What am I doing wrong?

Are the exec.bin and grom.bin files on the Intellivision Lives or Intellivision Rocks CDs? I have both, but I don't see these files anywhere on the discs.

Thanks.

Bill

Those are two separate issues. First, let's get you going with the compiler. You have to change permissions of the IntyBasic file to make it executable. From the command prompt in Terminal (the "$"), type the following:

$ chmod 755 intybasic

After that, it should work. Now, you still need to set up the assembler and the SDK.

-dZ.

• Like 1

Hmmm. I thought ZIP compressor would keep permissions, but DZ-Jay is right.

Another thing in Mac OS X is that as IntyBASIC isn't in search path, you need to invoke it using this in IntyBASIC directory:

./intybasic game.bas game.asm

More notes to add in the manual ;)

Hmmm. I thought ZIP compressor would keep permissions, but DZ-Jay is right.

Another thing in Mac OS X is that as IntyBASIC isn't in search path, you need to invoke it using this in IntyBASIC directory:

./intybasic game.bas game.asm

More notes to add in the manual ;)

Well, you basically need to "cd" into the directory anyway, because the compiler expects the epilogue and prologue files to be in the current working directory. :P

• Like 1

Hey, it works! Thanks for both suggestions. Next I'll start with the assembler and SDK.

Are the exec and grom files located on the 'Intellivision Lives' or 'Intellivision Rocks' CDs?

Thanks again.

Bill

If you put the "Intellivision Lives" cd in a windows machine, these files show up in the root directory.

On the Mac, they seem to be hidden.

If you go to the thread:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/187221-christmas-carol-calling-for-beta-testers/?hl=%2Bcarol+%2Bzip&do=findComment&comment=2364587

And download the file "xmas_carol-win.zip, it contains these files...

Edited by catsfolly

• 1 year later...

Making sure you have the latest version would be the first step.

This Thread has the newest version

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/232063-intybasic-compiler-v10-crunchy-tasty/

However, a new version, which will vastly improve your ability to compile and understand, is coming soon. I can't say exactly, but soon.

Edited by Tarzilla