IGNORED

Do you have a system you keep (hooked up) for three games or less?

Ideally the question means: a system you keep hooked up ready to play, for 3 games or less. You don't touch the rest of the library normally, you might even think the rest of the library is junk but these 3 games or less are so great IYO that you keep said system hooked up anyway.

I'll also accept systems you simply keep period (just in a box or whatever) for 3 games or less. Thing is that here, I bet every person has a system in a box they kept for "that one game". :)

For me it's the 7800. There are certainly good games on it but I find that I keep it hooked up solely for Joust. I love Joust and even though the 7800 version was not my childhood version (that was the 8 bit) it is my favorite version. But I find I play next to NOTHING else on the machine when it comes down to it--save the occasional round of Galaga. To me, it's a Joust machine!

Do you keep a system around out of the love of a few particular games?

• Like 2

I don't keep any of my systems hooked up regularly although I have a coco 3 and a 6 switch woody basically ready to go other than plugging in the power cord.

As to keeping systems for 3 games, as much as I love the TG-16 the truth is I consistently play Blazing Lazers, Alien Crush, and Galaga 90 although I also play JJ & Jeff and Time Cruise quite a bit too.

• Like 1

I don't have enough rooms or TVs to keep everything hooked up all the time, but there are a couple of systems I hang onto for only a handful of games.

3DO: Gex, Road Rash, Star Fighter

TG16: Blazing Lazers, Alien Crush, Ninja Spirit

7800: Robotron, Ballblazer, Food Fight, and the hope that one day I'll find a copy of Ninja Golf for less than fifty damn dollars

Looking at all I currently have hooked up, I keep ps3 plugged in for Gran Turismo 6 but only play it about once a month.

There are other great games I could be playing on it, but I don't expect that to be happening in the next year.

Ouya's currently plugged in for no other reason than I'm too lazy to disconnect it. There's no reason I can think of to turn it on again.

Edited by Reaperman

NES.. Super Mario/Duck Hunt and some Baseball game..

But that's probably because those are the only games I have for it... ;-)

desiv

hmm.. Maybe it's a football game.. I don't play it very often, obviously, so it's really just Super Mario/Duck Hunt. ;-)

Edited by desiv

Interesting guys, thanks. I have to say some like the 3D0 or the Astrocade I kind of expected for some reason but the TG-16 is one I didn't expect.

It's not that the TG16 doesn't have great games; I just don't own many of them. Should've picked up far more of those hu-cards back in the late 90s when I got the system for cheap.

It's not that the TG16 doesn't have great games; I just don't own many of them. Should've picked up far more of those hu-cards back in the late 90s when I got the system for cheap.

I hadn't even thought about that but actually but under these circumstances I qualify as well for TG-16. I own really only the sports commons+keith courage. The only things I could find in cases at a decent price! But I keep it hooked up for my lone exception: the actually good Alien Crush.

I'm somewhat embarrassed to admit what I paid for that (hu only). But It's the one "in the wild" TG thing I've ever seen since I started collecting.

i've only ever owned one N64 game; Conker's Bad Fur Day. i keep it plugged in for what i consider the best local multiplayer game in history.

Interesting thing there is I am similar and also felt like this even when the 64 was new!

WCW/NWO Revenge

Mario Party

GoldenEye

Those three games alone, all based on MP, had me put in more time with a 64 than my PS, which had MANY more good games.

I have my original Xbox hooked up for Toe Jam and Earl 3, Panzer Dragoon Orta, and Jet Set Radio Future. In fact those are the only three games I own for it. :)

All my other lesser used systems get put away until I want to play that game again, but for some reason I leave the Xbox out.

• Like 1

While it's fun from time to time to work through the baker's dozen of carts I have for it, my Jaguar may as well be a dedicated Alien Vs Predator / Doom / Wolfenstein 3D machine (I get my Tempest 2000 jollies from X3 on PSX, mainly). It's kind of amusing to look back and see how strong the FPS library is for the thing, that's one genre where the Jaguar distinguishes itself without too much need for defensive fanboy statements as backup ;)

This is kind of a cheat, but the very-much-on-hand-and-available Neo Geo Pocket Color only ever has 1 of 3 carts plugged in: 1) Cardfighters Clash (SNK), 2) Puzzle Link 2, 3) Neo Turf Masters.

Even finding three games that I play consistently for it took a telling amount of time to figure out, but the N64 under my TV is pretty much only used for Super Mario 64, F-Zero X and... uh... well, I guess I dick around in Pilotwings 64 more often than the next in line.

It's pretty sweet to see so much love for Blazing Lazers, such an awesome shmup.

Edited by Drixxel

Well when my PS3 was hooked up, I kept my PS2 around for the Shadow Hearts series which was about the only games not compatible with the 80 gig PS3's BC. Now I mainly do my PS1/PS2 gaming on my PS2. I don't own very many PS3 games and probably won't break it out that often anymore.

I only keep current consoles hooked up, although I currently still have my PS3 hooked up as there are many games I still play on it.

My home theatre currently has 11 audio/video devices connected and I like to keep things fairly neat and organized. That's what stops me from connecting other systems on a permanent basis. All my other systems are kept on floating shelves, in the same room. The cables and controllers for each system are easily accessible, allowing me to hook up any system in no more than 2min.

I've thought of getting rid of my Xbox and 360, but in both cases there are about three REALLY good games I don't want to lose. And so long as I'm keeping the systems around for those, I might as well bring along five or six other "fair to good" titles.

I only have about three games I play on the Dreamcast too, but I'm sure with its library, that'll grow over time.