IGNORED

Arcade Games You Want On the ColecoVision

VectorGamer

Arcade CV Games  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What arcade ports would you like see for CV?

• Donkey Kong 3
    • Any Pac-Man Yet To Be Released
    • Pole Position
    • Radar Scope
    • Zookeeper
    • Bosconian
    • Other
    • None
  2. 2. What arcade ports would you like to see redone?

• Time Pilot
    • Mappy
    • Rally-X
    • Dig Dug
    • Galaga
    • Other
    • None

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Right, so like I said, don't call it the same exact game name. While we should never overestimate the general public's intelligence, I think the members of our community who buy the 50 - 200 homebrew copies of a game are a different story and would be able to figure out that something like that is not replicating the arcade game. I also didn't realize it was all about the "accolades" for pulling off a quality arcade port. Sounds simplistic to me, but again, my opinion could be in the minority here.

Speaking strictly as a ColecoVision homebrewer, I say that one has to pick and choose his battles. While Satan's Hollow is a very nice game, it just doesn't fit the ColecoVision very well technically. And if you're going to do an "alternate" version of an arcade game that borrows heavily from the original (even the name itself) then you have to look at how people will likely receive such a version. Some of the responses in this thread are indicative that any "revised" version of Satan's Hollow would disappoint several people.

Personally, I would pick other games for this kind of "alternate version" approach. Pepper I (a homebrew prequel to Pepper II) would be a more interesting option for me. Other examples could be a ColecoVision version of Diner (the Intellivision game) or Frostbite with a fresh coat of paint. Not exactly arcade games, but you could make them look like arcade games if you so wanted. :)

Personally, I would pick other games for this kind of "alternate version" approach. Pepper I (a homebrew prequel to Pepper II) would be a more interesting option for me.

Oh, I would be all over that one. Let's also not forget Painter for the Jag as a source of inspiration, as I consider that one to be Pepper III.

Although I still think Zoo Keeper is by far the most logical, my two favorite classic arcade games are Pooyan and Satan's Hollow.

Satan's Hollow was one of my favorite arcade games as well... fed lots of quarters into this one at Plush Pups in Norridge, IL. Funny thing is, right next to it was another arcade game that became a favorite of mine as well, The End.

Satan's Hollow was actually announced for the ColecoVision by CBS Electronics. Of course, that's all there was, no actual game development.

Again, AE for the ColecoVision is eerily reminiscent in many ways to the Satan's Hollow port for the Atari 8-bit, though I have no idea if the super slow speed is intentional or not (as in avoidable). I have the Coleco Adam version which runs at a very fast clip, but have only seen videos of the ColecoVision version, which make it seem like it's running in molasses.

The ColecoVision version of A.E. (proto/unreleased) is the same exact program code as the Coleco ADAM version that is contained on "The Best of Broderbund". All the videos that you see of A.E. are being played at Skill Level #1 and that is why everything seems to be in slow motion. If you try the game at Skill #3 or #4, the enemy ships really zip around the screen.

• 1 month later...

Hi, this is not a complete list but I would be interested in buying CV versions of the following Arcade games:

Wizard Of Wor

Gauntlet

Qix

Joust

Asteroids

Berzerk

Bubble Bobble

Tempest

Galaga

Pengo

Bosconian

Robotron

Gradius

Battlezone

I would also appreciate arcade games that are two player & co-operative.

Hi, this is not a complete list but I would be interested in buying CV versions of the following Arcade games:

Wizard Of Wor

Gauntlet

Qix

Joust

Asteroids

Berzerk

Bubble Bobble

Tempest

Galaga

Pengo

Bosconian

Robotron

Gradius

Battlezone

A version of Qix is at good deal games, I never played it so can't tell you how good it is compared to your arcade memories.

Joust already exists without sound so you can already play it and at the end of the year or sometime this year Pixelboy will have the version of Joust with sound.

Galaga was released a 5 cart prototype production and a future some day release of different version of galaga may happen in the future by Opcode

Bosconian has a similar release by Collectorvision , not sure how similar it is to the arcade but it was called StarCom

Pengo is promised to be developed by Opcode as well but who knows when or if it will happen.

- Robocop

- Ms Pac-Man

- Mario Bros

- Samurai Showdown (If Gameboy has it, why not on cv?)

- Millipede

Ms Pac-Man already done by Opcode and in PacMan collection you can get the rom in that topic

Mario Bros already done by Collectorvision

• 5 weeks later...

Question for all senior publishers/developers, i.e. CollectorVision or Team Pixelboy or OpCode:

Has somebody of you guys VANGUARD or PHOENIX in active development or in their immediate to-do list?

Not in my case. But if someone programmed either of these games and released them CIB, I'd be among the first in line to purchase a copy. :)

Awaiting response from CollectorVision and then on to the big obstacle: finding the available programmer who has time, has the perfect resumee AND is willing to do it ;-)

I think we can see Phoenix on colecovision on that video :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9Bm35zHRXo

i was not in CV scene at this time and don't know if Scott is still around , but may be you could convince Scott to complete it.

Scott left the CV homebrew scene years ago. I expect he will reply to you, but I'll be surprised if he accepts the contract, especially considering that his version of Phoenix is an acute case of spaghetti code (that's what he told me) that we would probably need to recode from scratch. :)

Question for all senior publishers/developers, i.e. CollectorVision or Team Pixelboy or OpCode:

Has somebody of you guys VANGUARD or PHOENIX in active development or in their immediate to-do list?

Phoenix got a clone release as Birds of Orion, included in the Electric Adventures' Classics cartridge. It's not currently available, but you can read about it here, and then keep an eye on the marketplaces.

• Like 1