IGNORED

King Pong

McCallister

Was this a one-off or a commercial product? The beautiful wood case makes me think that it was a personal project rather than something available for sale. Did the museum have any information about it -- such as the manufacturer or the date?

Was this a one-off or a commercial product? The beautiful wood case makes me think that it was a personal project rather than something available for sale. Did the museum have any information about it -- such as the manufacturer or the date?

I'm wondering the same thing. That is truly a beautiful piece of hardware. The outside ring on the paddles look like it may be tires for like an rc car or something. Am I way off or do I see treads on them. I think it was a project cuz I did an image search for king pong and I didn't see any more of these. At any rate if it was someones project, they did an amazing job with it.

I'm wondering the same thing. That is truly a beautiful piece of hardware. The outside ring on the paddles look like it may be tires for like an rc car or something. Am I way off or do I see treads on them. I think it was a project cuz I did an image search for king pong and I didn't see any more of these. At any rate if it was someones project, they did an amazing job with it.

I believe this is a one off project done just at this museum. They have a whole shop set up where they work on exhibits or projects just like this. I believe the controls are bike tires as well. The title screen (which I forgot to take a picture of) looks pretty sweet, too.

What baffles me is the display... looks like the middle line and numbers are from a digital clock. It's really unique and feel more "advanced" than many other clones.

Hmm, I was trying to figure out the display as well. It was green like and old computer monitor from the 80's, but seems to be a flat screen. If I go again, I'll have to ask.

As for advanced, I'm not sure. The motion of the paddles and the ball are herky-jerky the entire time they are moving.

What museum is this in?

The Madison Children's Museum (I read about this exhibit in the paper) They also have an actual pinball machine that they change out from time to time.

I believe this is a one off project done just at this museum. They have a whole shop set up where they work on exhibits or projects just like this. I believe the controls are bike tires as well. The title screen (which I forgot to take a picture of) looks pretty sweet, too.

Hmm, I was trying to figure out the display as well. It was green like and old computer monitor from the 80's, but seems to be a flat screen. If I go again, I'll have to ask.

As for advanced, I'm not sure. The motion of the paddles and the ball are herky-jerky the entire time they are moving.

The Madison Children's Museum (I read about this exhibit in the paper) They also have an actual pinball machine that they change out from time to time.

Ha bike tires that s funny cuz I had the scale way off when I was looking at it. I actually thought it was a table top game like the original pong devices. Funny cuz I thought it was just named king pong cuz it sounded cool.