IGNORED

Season 3 ~ The New HSC ~ Phoenix (Game 1)

Vocelli

Busy working 10 - 12 hours days, not much time for gaming lately, however its a long season. I go at work , video games and my woman all the same, no exceptions. I might take a beating this week, but i fully intend to defend my title and win again. Show me no mercy, for I will show you none. Nothing personal, just how I play. To be the man , you have to beat the man, right now I am the man, bring it! I want to be pushed. Good luck to everyone!

• Like 5

Busy working 10 - 12 hours days, not much time for gaming lately, however its a long season. I go at work , video games and my woman all the same, no exceptions. I might take a beating this week, but i fully intend to defend my title and win again. Show me no mercy, for I will show you none. Nothing personal, just how I play. To be the man , you have to beat the man, right now I am the man, bring it! I want to be pushed. Good luck to everyone!

My ColecoVision was finaly fixed!

I can't wait to have it back so I can beat the man in his own domain! :)

Then I'll go for the Atari!!! ;)

• Like 2

I wish you the best of luck Lid! After I beat you at at colecovision, I am going to beat you at atari, then intellivision, they are all part of my domain. :skull:

Is that you over the table?

post-32348-0-89267700-1393986207.png

And you changed your avatar to show me all your titles? You're really a tough man! :thumbsup:

I used to like martial arts too.

But I never got anything close to that belt.

I can't make out the photo --- what all's on the belt?

Nor can I.

But it seems scary! :lol:

Well, I'm not sure if it's polite but I'm going to reveal my list of top players I've met here and competed against. Not wanting to be disrespectfull at all...

I consider only 2 players who really show a kind of magic. Really gifted players.

And they are: Toymailman and Oyamafamily!

Toymailman is very strong and consistent, a experienced player who shows his 'magic' especially when a clever player makes a difference (Escape from MindMaster, Pressure Cooker)

Oyamafamily is a natural player. He's got an unique style of playing I simply can't mimic. He makes it looks very easy. I think he could become even stronger if he wanted to play more types of games and if he started to play in real hardware too.

Below Mailman and Oyama, there are many strong players.

But I think we need to practice more, or to count on some specific games, and we show less 'magic' in my humble opinion.

Of course, these are only my impressions and I still need to see much more from many players to judge better. (for instance, cparsley is much stronger than I thought!)

Maybe if we could watch more game-play videos! hint, hint!

I could make a list but I certainly would forget someone out (yes there are many strong players here).

I just want to say we have a truly American Champion here! And I'm talking about a champion when Atari was the main videogame in the world! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

post-34560-0-66713000-1393990598_thumb.jpg

Not holding out yet! that's actually where I got killed, with no intention of stopping! ha ha

great tips, Capitan!

this is the most I've enjoyed Phoenix!

I'm getting better at using the shield at the boss. this actually increased my death rate, I was usually only dying against the phoenixes [phoeni?]. but I liked it too much to give it up, since it cuts time.

it surprises my when I block a shot with the shield, it happens pretty much accidentally, but I never "accidentally" activate it at any other time! I think when I realize I've blown it and am getting hit, my hand freaks out, & luckily in a way that fires up that shield! whenever I try to do this intentionally it is useless at best, I do much better with dodging.

• Like 4