IGNORED

Sears Backgammon

Depends on who else is looking! ;)

Seriously, it's one of the toughest I found to get of any in the entire Intellivision collection. I want to say it should run you in the neighborhood of $60-$75, but it depends on who else is looking at the time. My copy was missing the instruction manual when I got it, so I'll be a player if I see a copy on ebay. I wouldn't be afraid at this point to go north of $100 to get it to replace my incomplete copy.

yeah, I totally understand not wanting to pay high dollar for this game. $50 tops. Of course, it's easy for me to say since I already have one. This is also coming from a guy that paid an outrageous amount of money for an Intellivision Inc Backgammon in mediocre condition. In my defense, however, the Intellivision Inc Backgammon is rarer :)

• Like 1

I was bitten by the "variant bug" in 2008 so I am chasing a few INTV Corp, a few Canadian, and starting on UK stuff so I am not even actively looking for the Sears Backgammon

I was fortunate to get my Spiker over 10 years ago in a large lot, if I didn't have it I definitely wouldn't be forking over these crazy numbers for it.

At least I have a Cuttle Cart so I can say I have played it ;)

Out of curiosity, which INTV Corp games are you chasing?

Actually, I misspoke, I am looking for Intellivision Inc versions of Sea Battle, Triple Action, Tron Maze, Soccer, Reversi, BumpNJump, Buzz Bombers, Loco Motion, Mind Strike, I need Super Series Baseball, but who doesn't? Right?

I had these loose (white labels) sold them to go CIB, its just hard to find decent copies in good condition, especially Soccer.... It just doesn't seem to turn up, at least where I'm looking! LOL!

Actually, I misspoke, I am looking for Intellivision Inc versions of Sea Battle, Triple Action, Tron Maze, Soccer, Reversi, BumpNJump, Buzz Bombers, Loco Motion, Mind Strike, I need Super Series Baseball, but who doesn't? Right?

I had these loose (white labels) sold them to go CIB, its just hard to find decent copies in good condition, especially Soccer.... It just doesn't seem to turn up, at least where I'm looking! LOL!

I just checked my extras. I thought I had a bunch of the ones on your list, but apparently not. I don't think Loco Motion exists. I've seen Steve's manual. The cart label looks odd (homemade?). I'm down to just Super Series....and I need the actual cart for my Backgammon.

I think I have an extra Sea Battle, but the box isn't in great condition. I'll take a look for it.

So do you have a Backgammon? Roulette?

Edited by JasonlikesINTV

Yeah for Sears I need Backgammon, Checkers, Roulette and Golf. I've got some that need box upgrades (Water damage fro a lot I bought). Getting close. I'm thinking enough people need those that the first ones on Ebay would go close to $100 bucks for Checkers and Backgammon. I'm not saying I would pay that…but there is some pent up demand!

• Like 1

Yeah for Sears I need Backgammon, Checkers, Roulette and Golf. I've got some that need box upgrades (Water damage fro a lot I bought). Getting close. I'm thinking enough people need those that the first ones on Ebay would go close to $100 bucks for Checkers and Backgammon. I'm not saying I would pay that…but there is some pent up demand!

Just saying that I'll go over $100 if needed for the first one so it will likely be that if I see it.

• Like 1

Golf in this lot

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Sears-Games-for-the-Intellivision-CIB-Golf-Baskeball-LV-Poker-and-BJ-/231172092977?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35d2ee3431

I *might* know the guy selling that lot... :).

Golf hasn't shown up recently on Ebay so I've had a hard time pegging its value...I managed to get two copies in recent lots I purchased....I've been debating myself on which copy is the "nicer" copy for my personal collection but really they are both in good shape {check that, your standards may be different than mine}.

I hate to be the "I'll take offers" type, but, well....I'll take offers.

If anyone wants to see more pics let me know. I probably won't get to it tonight but I can post some at some point tomorrow.

This may be a crazy question . What do you think you would sell your complete Sears game collection for including the Overlay set? is 500 a crazy number?

Ooh, I like this kind of question :)

Sears is a tough one. On one hand, the Sears set seems like the most obvious variant collection. Those who love it really love it, but you just don't see the high demand or high prices on eBay.

I added up the individual values of the games and came up with around $200-250. Most are worth $3-5, a few (Hockey, Soccer, Frog Bog, Skiing, Horse Racing, Roulette, Snafu) can be $10-15+, Checkers & Backgammon are $50+ each. In reality, when all 29 come up at auction, it's typically lower than expected. Condition plays a part.

The Sears Overlay set is kind of a mystery...so far. Initially, a mere 100 sets sold to less than 100 customers. I'd guess only 65-75 actual buyers own them, due to people buying multiples. I've never seen a set go up for resale, but I suspect that on eBay a set would fetch $150+ (if not now, definitely within a year). For reference, Orphan Overlays sell for $200+.

In summary, for a NIB Overlay Set, all 29 CIB games, and a boxed console you might get close to $500 at auction......might.

Edited by JasonlikesINTV
  • Like 1

Ooh, I like this kind of question :)

Sears is a tough one. On one hand, the Sears set seems like the most obvious variant collection. Those who love it really love it, but you just don't see the high demand or high prices on eBay.

I added up the individual values of the games and came up with around $200-250. Most are worth $3-5, a few (Hockey, Soccer, Frog Bog, Skiing, Horse Racing, Roulette, Snafu) can be $10-15+, Checkers & Backgammon are $50+ each. In reality, when all 29 come up at auction, it's typically lower than expected. Condition plays a part.

The Sears Overlay set is kind of a mystery...so far. Initially, a mere 100 sets sold to less than 100 customers. I'd guess only 65-75 actual buyers own them, due to people buying multiples. I've never seen a set go up for resale, but I suspect that on eBay a set would fetch $150+ (if not now, definitely within a year). For reference, Orphan Overlays sell for $200+.

In summary, for a NIB Overlay Set, all 29 CIB games, and a boxed console you might get close to $500 at auction......might.

I recently got a sear console I love it . it is now my go to system when I want to play .

This may be a crazy question . What do you think you would sell your complete Sears game collection for including the Overlay set? is 500 a crazy number?

If you have one for sale….I can be PM'd. :-)