IGNORED

Season 3 / Week 2 ~ The New HSC ~ Defender (Game 1)

Vocelli

Keilbaca -

Defender - 131,800

Wall Defender - 321,359

For Defender... I may have had one too many to drink. I was doing just fine, then I'd lose all my lives on a single wave. I know I can roll this... I've done it before...

post-4191-0-71659100-1394815899_thumb.jpg

post-4191-0-83713400-1394815919_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I also experienced the bug where you no longer get big aliens, but also the enemies just stop coming.

oh yeah! that happened to me two times, including my best score. no big aliens, that helps a lot! I think when a wall gets crashed, the aliens get reset & the big ones come back. there might be a strategy here... if one can just figure out how to make the big ones stop coming! then maybe you could make it last by staying alive on the smallest wall & not earning a new wall -- up to the point where it's about to freeze and then win a new wall. then hold out on the next bigger one as long as possible. then back to hoping for good luck! making the big ones stop ;-)

could it be possible?

Edited by S.BAZ

Yay I'm done.

991100, and anything over 990k is consiedered rolled.

My #1 tip: Play some music so you dont kill yourself of boredom! Just make a playlist on Youtube or something.

Btw, I timed it and It took me a tiny bit over 2 hours to get the highscore, with really short breaks to delete bad songs from the playlist and let my wrist rest (Carpel tunnel alert!)

post-36358-0-88758200-1394848343_thumb.jpg

Edited by Botbird208
  • Like 2

Let's do this the right way. Second attempt. I could easily roll this one, it's a matter of two things. Sanity level, and a bit of luck. Several times an unlucky position did me in.

post-22322-0-95519400-1394852654_thumb.jpg

Edited by Stan
  • Like 3

Question for the Moderator:

my daughter just created an Atariage account (Rainbow Kitty ... she wouldn't listen to me...) to play in the HSC with me and her brother. There's a delay between creating an account and having permission to post in the forums. Now, she's concerned that she'll miss out on this week's contest because she can't post her scores. If I post them here, will you credit them to her, just until she can post under her own account?

If you search Rainbow Kitty, you'll see she joined on the 12th. I can guarantee she won't be bumping anyone out of first place, since she's only 8 and fairly new to retro/real gaming...

• Like 4

since she's only 8 and fairly new to retro/real gaming...

I guess that means no cussing anymore, heh... Welcome to the whole family!

New Defender score, and lost the pic again. 127,000. I was so bored of the game after about 10 minutes that I didn't pay attention and died twice in a row. Didn't let go of the button quickly enough.

Rainbow Kitty is a GREAT name! Good for her! Welcome Rainbow Kitty and have fun! I can't speak for the rule makers, but I have no problem with you proxy posting for her until her account gets activated!

As for your ol' pal StanJr, rollage, baby. Here's your before and after. (edit: it uploaded them in after and before!) Took me 161 waves and just at two hours.

post-409-0-28785200-1394880914_thumb.jpg

post-409-0-53868900-1394880930_thumb.jpg

Edited by StanJr
  • Like 4

Question for the Moderator:

my daughter just created an Atariage account (Rainbow Kitty ... she wouldn't listen to me...) to play in the HSC with me and her brother. There's a delay between creating an account and having permission to post in the forums. Now, she's concerned that she'll miss out on this week's contest because she can't post her scores. If I post them here, will you credit them to her, just until she can post under her own account?

If you search Rainbow Kitty, you'll see she joined on the 12th. I can guarantee she won't be bumping anyone out of first place, since she's only 8 and fairly new to retro/real gaming...

That will be Ok...

Have Rainbow Kitty post her scores in your posts ans I will be fine.

Just label them accordingly.

Thanks and welcome Rainbow Kitty.

• Like 1

Defender999800half.jpg

The very next shot took my score to exactly 000000, and also finished wave 149! Kinda cool to see the level 50 title on the screen while having no points at all icon_cool.gif

I'm playing my games via Stella so that I can play the same NTSC version as others. I know the PAL versions are sometimes slower and thus easier. But so far both HSC games have seemed the same speed as I remember... did Atari adjust the speed accordingly in their PAL releases? Maybe I just can't tell the difference without playing them side by side icon_ponder.gif

I hope the next game is friendlier to my thumb. These shooters are starting to hurt! Let's hope for a buttonless Pac-Man clone...

• Like 2

I hope the next game is friendlier to my thumb. These shooters are starting to hurt! Let's hope for a buttonless Pac-Man clone...

the next game Vanguard should be a welcome treat! it has autofire option, no button needed...

Welcome Rainbow Kitty! our new youngest player

and I have a little improvement at Wall Defender: 766895

post-34560-0-67592600-1394906696_thumb.png

a tip: on the last two walls, guard the top & bottom more closely - you can often get there soon enough to have two shots at the big alien.

this game I was doing great but got stuck on a corner! & the big alien hit.

Good to see you presenting your username on a piece of paper, Stan!

I HAVE RETURNED. I see in your video you use the same tactic I do, and I assume everyone is. I made most of my points on the red alien levels and just let everyone die.

• Like 1