IGNORED

SIO2PC/10502PC Dual-USB version 3.0

atari8warez

I think I am finally finished with the PCB design (still have to double check the signal routing). I had to downsize most of the SMT components from 1206 to 0805 size and replace the FT232RL (28 pin) with FT232SX (20 pin) and the SOIC multiplexer with an SSOP one. This is the smallest design I can possibly handle with hand soldering. The new PCB will be housed in an SIO plug. Will have two LEDS for read/write activity and the device is still a combination of SIO2PC + 10502PC. Here's how it looks like so far:

post-15627-0-33379500-1394442536_thumb.png post-15627-0-84205100-1394442551_thumb.png post-15627-0-82394300-1394442562_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

No need for pre-ordering Joe, I will announce when they are available and it can just be purchased from my website. I will have 40 units for sale, but if you want to reserve one just in case, you can PM me with your info. No payment will be needed at this time as I haven't determined the final price yet but i'll make sure one unit (or more if you want more than one) will be reserved for you. Same goes for anybody else who might be interested with one.

The price will be no more than $50, and that will include a free companion software to AspeQt (when it becomes available). That software will not be released as a freeware by the way, and will only be distributed with the purchase of a device. The license is free to device purchasers.

Thanks for the interest by the way :)

Ray

• 2 weeks later...

One other note:

All present and future purchasers of SIO2PC/10502PC Dual-USB v3.0 will be qualified to receive a registered, free copy of the upcoming Atari Librarian for PC (ATLIBPC) software and will be eligible to free upgrades for life. The software is expected to be available early fall 2014 and is intended to be a companion to AspeQt.

I will announce the features of the software closer to the first release date. ATLIBPC will only be available either with the purchase of a SIO2PC/10502PC Dual device (USB or Serial) or separately for $20.

All past purchasers of SIO2PC/10502PC Dual-USB (any version) are also qualified for a free copy. Such purchasers will only need to PM me to receive their personal copy.

Edited by atari8warez

Are you accepting payment yet?

The website is open for purchases so long as you are aware of the expected availability date (sorry for the missing photos in website pages, I am in the process of updating the site). The listed price is currently $55/$59 (depending on USB cable length). This also entitles you to a free copy of the upcoming Atari Librarian for PC software (see above). Any price differential in the final product (price may go down but not up) will be credited to early purchasers.

Edited by atari8warez

I am waiting for the last group of parts from Mouser which is expected to arrive sometime this week. I prefer Digikey for the speed of delivery (next day delivery for the same amount of money Mouser charges) but this time they were out of FTDI chips so had to change my supplier. Anyway this means I should be able to start assembling the devices soon perhaps a bit earlier than my original estimate of mid April.

Here's are current orders (12 in total with 7 already paid for, this leaves 28 more available).

post-15627-0-25466100-1396427754_thumb.png

Edited by atari8warez

Sure, you have the options to specify your selections on the purchase page

By the way looks like I am just days ahead of receiving my parts as they are in Canada now:

Track & Confirm e-mail update information provided by the U.S. Postal Service.

Label Number: CJ239627511US

Service Type: International Parcels
Shipment Activity	Location	Date & Time
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Processed Through Sort Facility	CANADA	April 3, 2014 6:00 pm
Customs Clearance	CANADA	April 3, 2014 6:00 pm
Processed Through Sort Facility	ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS)	April 2, 2014 5:23 am
Arrived at Sort Facility	ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS)	April 2, 2014 4:59 am
Electronic Shipping Info Received		March 27, 2014 
Depart USPS Sort Facility	FORT WORTH, TX 76161	March 26, 2014 
Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility	FORT WORTH, TX 76161	March 26, 2014 7:48 pm
Accepted at USPS Origin Sort Facility	MANSFIELD, TX 76063	March 26, 2014 6:33 pm

Reminder: Track & Confirm by email

Date of email request: April 3, 2014

Future activity will continue to be emailed for up to 2 weeks from the Date of Request shown above. If you need to initiate the Track & Confirm by email process again at the end of the 2 weeks, please do so at the USPS Track & Confirm web site at http://www.usps.com/shipping/trackandconfirm.htm

Edited by atari8warez

Parts cleared the customs finally.... man! it's a slow process... :yawn:

Track & Confirm e-mail update information provided by the U.S. Postal Service.

Label Number: CJ239627511US

Service Type: International Parcels
Shipment Activity	Location	Date & Time
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Customs clearance processing complete	CANADA	April 8, 2014 1:10 pm
Processed Through Sort Facility	CANADA	April 3, 2014 6:00 pm
Customs Clearance	CANADA	April 3, 2014 6:00 pm
Processed Through Sort Facility	ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS)	April 2, 2014 5:23 am
Arrived at Sort Facility	ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS)	April 2, 2014 4:59 am
Electronic Shipping Info Received		March 27, 2014 
Depart USPS Sort Facility	FORT WORTH, TX 76161	March 26, 2014 
Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility	FORT WORTH, TX 76161	March 26, 2014 7:48 pm
Accepted at USPS Origin Sort Facility	MANSFIELD, TX 76063	March 26, 2014 6:33 pm

Reminder: Track & Confirm by email

Date of email request: April 3, 2014

Edited by atari8warez