IGNORED

Rampage conversion

Wrathchild

With great help from Paul Lay who was able to locate the cause of a bug that was holding up the release of this title, I can let this ROM out for testing / enjoyment. Its base is the PAL A8 version and I've changed the "Ape's" orange to a better NTSC color. Due to the code/ROM size a loading/title screen had to be dropped. One thing I'm aware of is the music speed is slightly faster than the PAL as the note delays are coded into the tune data, but this doesn't detract much.

Let me know how you get on with it.

rampage_ntsc.zip

• Like 6

I don't remember how far along the earlier version was, but am very pleased that it's been updated. Graphics/sound are great on this game! Look better than the 7800 version. Like Official Ninja said, the controls are really tough. Can't punch at opposite buildings either, if that's even possible in this port.

To be honest the control are frustrating enough on the original A8 game, punching the buildings is very tricky and often I end up getting propelled off!
Certainly possible to take a look to see if punching can be assigned to keys instead - any preference to layout?

second fire button?

• Like 1

totally awesome

i too would like a pinball but there is just not a good pinball game they all look like that horrible davids midnight magic pinball construction kit

a game i played the heck out of on my commiedoor is mr.robot and his robot factory

but people would probably like moon lander better

heck i would be happy with anything even ducks ahoy

Edited by bohoki

• 2 weeks later...

To be honest the control are frustrating enough on the original A8 game, punching the buildings is very tricky and often I end up getting propelled off!
Certainly possible to take a look to see if punching can be assigned to keys instead - any preference to layout?

played a lot with my younger son , it's a blast !

if you press hard the joystick towards the inside of the buildings before and AFTER that you press the button

you can punch without troubles and won't end up getting propelled off

once you get used to it it's easy

thanks for a nice 2 player game Wratchild