IGNORED

My O2 find

I picked up this "broken" O2 and games lot for $15.50 plus shipping. Twenty minutes, some electronics cleaner and a salvaged RF cable later and she is running like a champ.

I didn't have an O2 growing up but it was one of the first systems I ever played. My cousin had one and it was a fixture at his sleepovers until the age of Nintendo. I have especially vivid memories of playing Demon Attack.

The unit is a little worn and the boxes are not collector grade but I'm really glad I snagged this.

post-26371-0-00458700-1395119312_thumb.jpg

post-26371-0-64380300-1395119324_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

You picked up some of the best games too:

Attack of the Timelord, UFO, both the KC games....

There is a 233-in-1 multi cart available from John Dondzila. He is selling it now for $40 plus shipping.

There's also a healthy homebrew scene. A new homebrew just came out yesterday: http://www.2600connection.com/features/wildlife/features_wildlife.html

• Like 1

I never play mine but I probably would if I had KC's Crazy Chase, one of the most fun games of any console from that generation.

You should hit up eBay - you can find a copy there for under $10 plus shipping.

That's one of the biggest pluses for O2 collection, the systems and the games are actually quite affordable, even when compared to common 70s systems like the 2600.

I found a Voice for 25$ on eBay this summer, and I got the C7060 multicart; it really worth it!

Especially if you are an European and can also access the Videopac+ games (tho most of them really just add Hi res background...) The Voice is IMO a better and cheaper pick up for you.

This note is posted in the admin forum on videopac.nl. I do recommend you go to the trouble of registering if you are an O2 owner; there are only an average of two or three new posts per day, but sometimes it is the only source of info for new homebrew releases for the O2/Videopac....

« on: September 18, 2012, 07:19:17 PM »
quote.gifQuote
Recently I am getting swamped with new member requests by web-bots. I used to check the IP's, but now I delete any new submission that even looks like a name being generated by some kind of bot. I simply don't have the time to filter them all.
So...
If you want to become a member please send your request through the contactform on our website: http://www.videopac.nl/contact_us/contact_us.php
Clearly state the username you have in mind to go by on this forum. I will create a new account for you and after logging in you can adjust it to your hearts content.
Sorry for the inconvenience but that's the way the cartridge crumbles.
Edited by ls650