IGNORED

Wico Command Control Joystick - 2600

wishfuldrifter

I recently purchased a few Wico Command Control joysticks for the 2600 from the flea market. I noticed when I got home and hooked them up that one of them is slightly off center. The joystick works in all directions except for down. I opened it up and took a look but I couldn't figure out any way to make an adjustment to it. Does anyone have any experience with this or know where I could look? I've attached a picture of the joystick so you can see that it's off. I can take a picture of the insides of need be.

Thanks in advance!

post-38695-0-46298000-1395159838_thumb.jpg

post-38695-0-27609200-1395159846_thumb.jpg

Been a while since I opened mine up.

The leaf switches should all sit on plastic standoffs and can be pulled off and reinserted. Make sure the non-working one is installed properly, check that the stick motion closes the switch.

The stick should have a round plastic piece on the end that's inside the case, this actuates the switches. Ensure it's not broken and nothing is obstructing it's motion.

The stick itself, from memory I think it's got a centring mechanism. I can remember mine playing up once and I fixed it but I've had mine for 30 years so can't remember even the last time I had to do any work on it... probably >10 years ago by now.

Everything in there is easy to troubleshoot. Nice leaf switches and easy to follow wires. I also have one that has been mine for 30 years, and I've opened it up once to clean the contacts and poke around. I didn't do much to it and it has worked fine ever since.