IGNORED

Computer games you want on the ColecoVision

Pixelboy

You're right, I had a brain fart and was thinking of Temple of Apshai. Telengard was not released for the Adam, though I imagine it would have been better than Temple of Apshai turned out. I'm actually surprised no one ever attempted to port the Apple II version since the BASICs are fairly similar.

I was thinking Temple of Apshai was what you meant. There is a real nice graphics/role playing game on the style of Telengard called "The Black Dungeon of Midor" and you have it if you downloaded the ADAM software collection that I have made available. It's a little slow with the screen refreshes, but it looks to be something all the D&D style game enthusiast would like... I never had the patience for these type of games.

I'm surprised more ADAM programmers (including myself) didn't attempt to port Apple Basic commercial quality games as well, it really would have been some easy money to be made. The only port that was actually done was of the submarine game called Gato that Strategic Software ported/recreated from scratch and released for the ADAM as Sub Raiders.

Not actually a computer game, but I would love to see a card battle game based on the card battle game in PS1 Final Fantasy VII that they played in the pubs. It could even have gameplay where you played in the combat adventure portion to acquire the various cards to play with. I played that card game a lot and really enjoyed accumulating all of the cards throughout the game. Lots of flexibility in the creation and implementation of this concept.

Troy

Karateka, Impossible Mission, Raid over Moscow, Beach Head, Lemmings, Summer Games, Bomberman, Bubble Bobble, Leaderboard Golf, Spy vs Spy,

Games I'd love to see reissued: Boulderdash

Modern retro-game that could work: Mr. Driller (the son of Dig Dug!)

Karateka, Impossible Mission, Raid over Moscow, Beach Head, Lemmings, Summer Games, Bomberman, Bubble Bobble, Leaderboard Golf, Spy vs Spy,

Modern retro-game that could work: Mr. Driller (the son of Dig Dug!)

Mr. Driller is definitely doable, would be a nice candidate indeed :)

• Like 1

TeleGames UK actually did this last year. It came in CIB form although the box wasn't very impressive, the manual was a copy of the 1986/1987 release and used PkK's mini-cart shell. BTW, it was extremely overpriced and I'm sure TeleGames UK still has some avalable. :sleep:

The game I want more than any other game is Blue Max!!!! It's one of my all time favorite games on the Atari 800! Its like River Raid but so much deeper!! You can drop bombs shoot your guns, you haft to land to get repairs. If you get shot you can have your guns, bombs, landing gear or fuel damaged. There's lost city's, bridges to blow up, ships, planes, anti air craft guns, trucks and much more to shoot! I really love this game! :lust: :lust: :lust:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iD7qVYgEq10

- nebulus

- murder on the mississipi

- willow pattern adventure

- bruce lee

I had already start to think how to do a version of Murder on the Mississipi for the CV. May be one day , i will find time :)... i love that game.

i think about how to technically do Nebulus. It would be very fun CV game.

The game I want more than any other game is Blue Max!!!! It's one of my all time favorite games on the Atari 800! Its like River Raid but so much deeper!! You can drop bombs shoot your guns, you haft to land to get repairs. If you get shot you can have your guns, bombs, landing gear or fuel damaged. There's lost city's, bridges to blow up, ships, planes, anti air craft guns, trucks and much more to shoot! I really love this game! :lust: :lust: :lust:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iD7qVYgEq10

Really odd timing that you said that.. I was just thinking of this game (had my old C64 on the brain) and couldn't remember the name, but this was it. Good job!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I had already start to think how to do a version of Murder on the Mississipi for the CV. May be one day , i will find time :)... i love that game.

i think about how to technically do Nebulus. It would be very fun CV game.

if murder on the mississipi is possible on the cv, maybe one could even try to port other point and click adventures. :-o

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Dancing Demon (TRS-80)

Android Nim (TRS-80)

Mr Driller is for sure a great one.

2048 (puzzle game for PC -- I've been thinking of trying to do a nice version of this one)

Castle Wolfenstein (Apple II)

California Games (C64)

Death and Taxes (Apple II)

Time Bomb (TRS-80)

Dancing Demon (TRS-80)

Android Nim (TRS-80)

Mr Driller is for sure a great one.

2048 (puzzle game for PC -- I've been thinking of trying to do a nice version of this one)

Castle Wolfenstein (Apple II)

California Games (C64)

Death and Taxes (Apple II)

Time Bomb (TRS-80)

Castle Wolfenstein is a nice candidate for a ColecoVision game, but if it was up to me, I would do it like Zombie Near, with fluid animated sprites instead of choppy tile-based graphics. :)

Hey nanochess, any chance you can convert your source code of Zombie Near to do Castle Wolfenstein? (Probably not, but a guy has to try!) :D

With "Elite Dangerous" out soon for PC... Has anyone suggested a possible MSX-to-Colecovision port of the original open-world space combat/exploration/trading classic "Elite" (perhaps using Super Game Module):

If someone could modify the MSX controls to use the CV numeric pad, and distribute the port with a custom homebrew overlay, "Elite" could be a crown jewel in the Colecovision library. Imagine spending all night exploring the galaxy on your Colecovision...

Edited by Sega Ages
  • Like 1