IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Its always nice to see female gamers involved with video games. This afternoon, were going to watch new Neo-Geo gamers Heidi & Becky playing the AES with their first game Cyber Lip.

Glad that both of these enthusiastic young ladies are enjoying the Neo-Geo just like its loyal followers do!

I like how they have most of the screen on the players and the small window for the game. I wish more 'lets players' would do that instead of the big window being the game. With the low resolution of those systems, no more size is really needed for it. I suppose I also like it because I enjoyed spotting stuff in the background.

I also generally like '2-player let's plays' over single player ones. People are reacting to each other as well as the game. It makes me want to track down a second player myself. (it's been a while) The 'james and mike mondays' videos are nice too, and feature neo geo content from time to time. Heck, they're probably mentioned somewhere in this thread already.

And I really miss the days those youtubers are having now, when all my money went to big video game lots like that--everything was new and exciting because I'd never even played whatever system before, much less owned one. The day I hauled the MVS home and fired up the included bubble bobble game was probably the happiest of my life. I really wish I could get that feeling back. Sure beats how it is now--This week I've got three filler carts on order for the mvs collection. I wonder if I'll even bother playing them.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

I like how they have most of the screen on the players and the small window for the game. I wish more 'lets players' would do that instead of the big window being the game. With the low resolution of those systems, no more size is really needed for it. I suppose I also like it because I enjoyed spotting stuff in the background.

I also generally like '2-player let's plays' over single player ones. People are reacting to each other as well as the game. It makes me want to track down a second player myself. (it's been a while) The 'james and mike mondays' videos are nice too, and feature neo geo content from time to time. Heck, they're probably mentioned somewhere in this thread already.

And I really miss the days those youtubers are having now, when all my money went to big video game lots like that--everything was new and exciting because I'd never even played whatever system before, much less owned one. The day I hauled the MVS home and fired up the included bubble bobble game was probably the happiest of my life. I really wish I could get that feeling back. Sure beats how it is now--This week I've got three filler carts on order for the mvs collection. I wonder if I'll even bother playing them.

I thought that option that they did was excellent as well. Glad they did it. James and Mike did a pretty good video with King of the Monsters 2 together and thought the title was enjoyable.

I agree as well that the big lots option for video game when it was completely new was a tremendous feeling that can't be duplicated! Which today's new generation gamers will feel the same sometime in their lives

Anthony...

Hey Zap!

I received your 8 issues today. Thank you once again. I'll be reading them soon and be on high notice on your Neo-Geo opinions in the informative paragraphs in the articles ahead. :-D

Thank you as usual.

Anthony...

Awesome, enjoy!

• Like 1

Hey!

Thanks for sharing my video ^_^

More videos will hopefully come out in August :)

Your're welcome.

Drop by anytime if you like kind sir. I look forward on your future Neo-Geo projects and will be more than honored to share them to the community! :)

Anthony...

Hi guys,

This afternoon, were back watching the two young ladies from Sweden, "Heidi & Becki". After viewing their impressive collection of Neo-Geo AES titles, they were kind enough to upload their video and showing their gamplays to the public with Cyber-Lip.

So continuing on with their Neo-Geo videos. Heidi & Becki will be playing Fatal Fury to continue with their skills and views pertaining to the title! Enjoy.....I know I certainly did! :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Well, today my latest Neo Geo mvs lot arrived in the mail. (link) It's Samurai Shodown III, "Metal Slug 6", Ragnagard, and KOF 94 (NGCD). Sure it's a bit of a collection filler, but it was $25 for 3 games (and a cd) so the price was right, and it seems as if all are working.

Ragnagard was supposed to have broken sound, but I was pretty sure I could fix it. As it turned out, it was actually fully working when it arrived. Oh well. For a while I was hyper-sensitive about some sounds that I thought were missing, but (this longplay) confirmed that they were never there to start with. Kind of a lazy effort for a Saurus game. At one point I had deeply considered forking over $40 for this game alone. I'm much happier with this price, because it's pretty awful.

I'm on to Samurai Shodown III now. Initial look seems to indicate that it takes very few hits to take out an opponent.

Not the most visually appealing stack of games I've seen, but it was cheap:

pIUyckYm.jpg

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

Well, today my latest Neo Geo mvs lot arrived in the mail. (link) It's Samurai Shodown III, "Metal Slug 6", Ragnagard, and KOF 94 (NGCD). Sure it's a bit of a collection filler, but it was $25 for 3 games (and a cd) so the price was right, and it seems as if all are working.

Ragnagard was supposed to have broken sound, but I was pretty sure I could fix it. As it turned out, it was actually fully working when it arrived. Oh well. For a while I was hyper-sensitive about some sounds that I thought were missing, but (this longplay) confirmed that they were never there to start with. Kind of a lazy effort for a Saurus game. At one point I had deeply considered forking over $40 for this game alone. I'm much happier with this price, because it's pretty awful.

I'm on to Samurai Shodown III now. Initial look seems to indicate that it takes very few hits to take out an opponent.

Not the most visually appealing stack of games I've seen, but it was cheap:

pIUyckYm.jpg

Nice pick ups Reaper. Thanks for sharing them with us!

Anthony...

This afternoon, were back with the Neo Geo Fanatics, Chris & Mike. Were going to look at their first playthough and review video regarding Shock Troopers for the MVS.

Neo 'Let's plays' just aren't right without two players, and I seem to have some great viewing choices all of a sudden. I'm now binge-watching this series as well. I can't wait to get to their world heroes 2 jet episode, since that's the next collection gap I'm looking to fill.

Also looking forward to more gameplay from stopXwhispering. It's neat to see who all is popping in on their comments and I really want to see what all is in that fat stack of games.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

Neo 'Let's plays' just aren't right without two players, and I seem to have some great viewing choices all of a sudden. I'm now binge-watching this series as well. I can't wait to get to their world heroes 2 jet episode, since that's the next collection gap I'm looking to fill.

Also looking forward to more gameplay from stopXwhispering. It's neat to see who all is popping in on their comments and I really want to see what all is in that fat stack of games.

Me too Reaper I like Chris & Mike's videos and I'm going to add their other videos up on the thread later on

Us for Heidi & Becky, they will be back in August with new uploads! Can't wait to see them.

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Back agan listening to Neo-Geo soundtracks. This morning, were back with Professor G and he was kind as usual to upload the full OST of King of Fighters' 95 from the NGCD for our enjoyment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPJ3lX1cvYw

Tracklist: [#82]

00:04 - "KOF '95" Intro
00:56 - Demon Select (Game Select)
01:33 - Raging Waves Select (Team Select)
02:35 05:07 - Funky Esaka (Japan Stage)
06:33 - Spring of this World (Victory Demo)
06:41 09:01 - Prisoner (Korea Stage)
10:30 13:01 - Desert Requiem (Middle East Stage)
14:24 16:56 - Shuddering Gong (China Stage)
18:28 21:02 - Club-M ~Flute in the Sky~ (Mediterranean Sea Stage)
22:14 24:44 - Art and Fighting ~To Sway a Man's Heart~ (USA Stage)
26:23 28:55 - Bass Crawling on the Ground (UK Stage)
30:27 32:59 - Stormy Saxophone (USA Stage)
34:20 - Weeping R - Sorrowful D (Rugal Demo 1, 3)
36:22 - Weeping R - Sorrowful D (Rugal Demo 2)
37:24 40:00 - HAL, Bass and Melody (Final Boss Stage 1)
41:36 - Hymn for Rugal (Rugal Appearance Demo)
43:38 46:10 - Guitar, Omega and Rugal (Final Boss Stage 2)
47:42 - Rugal Elimination (Rugal Elimination Demo)
48:44 - Kid (Ending 1)
49:46 - Goodbye Mr. Tear (Ending 2)
50:49 - Farewell! Youth (Ending 3)
51:51 - The Sunset Sky Part VI ~ Liebe (Staff Roll)
53:53 - My Love ~Uplifting My Courage~
56:01 - Vortex of Desire (Game Over)

Producer: Takashi Nishiyama
Director: Masanori Kuwasashi
Developer: SNK
Publisher: SNK
Release Date: Sept 29, 1995 (JP)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

This afternoon, were back with the Neo Geo Fanatics, Chris & Mike.

Will be showing their second episode with another excellent game, "Shock Troopers 2nd Squad". The follow-up to the original MVS Shock Troopers and just as good (if not better) of the original!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edSu4FkLCM8

Anthony...

Hi everyone

thnks for sharing the video of my consolized, i repair, and know the neo geo system base , if anyone have problem im glad to help ;)

This one is an other of my creatures

Cheers

Nico

Thanks Nico.

I'll be glad to show your future Neo-Geo units in tthe future for you!

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Back again with Neo-Geo soundtracks. This afternoon will be listening to King of Fighters '96 for the NGCD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ty_ExfjVsU4

Tracklist: [#83]

00:04 - "In 1996" (Title)
00:39 - Roulette (Player Select)
01:29 03:31 - Esaka? (Hero Team Theme)
04:52 - Oraora (Victory Demo)
05:02 07:04 - Big Shot! "Mellow" (Fatal Fury Team Theme)
08:30 10:32 - Rumbling on the City (New Ikari Team)
12:05 14:07 - Psycho Soldier Remix '96 (Psycho Soldier Team Theme)
15:34 17:36 - Seoul Road (Kim Team Theme)
19:13 21:15 - Long-horned Beetle (Art of Fighting Team Theme)
22:43 - Here Comes Challenger (Intrusion Player Select)
23:16 25:18 - Get'n Up (New Women Fighters Team Theme)
26:46 28:48 - Stormy Saxophone 2 (Yagami Team Theme)
30:17 32:19 - Stiff Shoulders for Geese (Geese Theme)
33:45 35:54 - Dust Man (Mr. Big Theme)
37:19 39:21 - Requiem in D Minor K.626 Dies Irae (Krauser Theme)
40:47 - Protector (Demo 1)
42:00 44:13 - Fairy (Chizuru Theme)
45:39 - Wind (Demo 2)
47:20 49:22 - Trash Head (Goenitz Theme)
50:49 - To the Sky (Demo 3)
52:23 - Den! (Ending 1)
53:55 - Den! Den! (Ending 2)
55:28 - Den! Den! Den! (Ending 3)
56:57 - Rising Red (Credits)
58:56 - Self (Protagonist Team Ending)

Developer: SNK
Publisher: SNK
Release Date: Oct 25, 1996 (JP/US)

Anthony...