IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi Aaron,

Nightmare in the Dark is a fun game despite it didn't feel like a true Neo-Geo title. But its quirkiness made it a fun game to play and worth checking out for those that never heard of it before. :)

Anthony...

It is definitely a fun, weird little game that got me in the mood for Halloween! It's fun but not spectacular, I would not spend a fortune on this one, luckily I picked it up cheap! It feels kinda like you are playing a modern indie game kinda, but with wicked awesome music!

Happy Gaming

-Aaron

• Like 1

Thanks Anthony for showing my video :-)

I'll reply to your comment in the video soon and you will have a new sub!

Hi Mark.

Amazing, I didn't realize this was your video and channel. I'm glad I happen to find out and uploaded this video for you to share with the community and help give additional exposure. I just subscribed to your channel as well :)

Keep up the great work Mark. We look forward to your Neo-Geo videos in the immediate future! :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

It is definitely a fun, weird little game that got me in the mood for Halloween! It's fun but not spectacular, I would not spend a fortune on this one, luckily I picked it up cheap! It feels kinda like you are playing a modern indie game kinda, but with wicked awesome music!

Happy Gaming

-Aaron

Spot on on everything you said Aaron. I do enjoy the Halloween mood for this game. An excellent pic for the time and great single play run as usual. Looking forward on seeing more from you! :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Seems that NG Dev Team enjoyed the picture I sent them involving the AES collection of their titles. Its up on their Facebook & Twitter page. Thank you gentleman, looking foward to Kraut Buster and your future works! :)

fdurso224 send us a pic of his NGDEV AES collection:

12182542_961351183921156_372441555620558
  • Tweets
  1. fdurso224 send us a pic of his NGDEV AES collection:

CSeXGpfXIAAK1yi.jpg
    2 retweets4 favorites
    Retweet
    Favorite

https://twitter.com/ngdevteam

https://www.facebook.com/ngdevteam?v=wall

Anthony...

very nice collection. Very collectable as well!

• Like 2

very nice collection. Very collectable as well!

Hi meh,

Welcome to the Neo-Geo thread. :)

We appropriate your commitment to the Neo-Geo and we welcome you at anytime to post/reply to the many amazing discussions that we have here pertaining to the Neo-Geo,

As always, thank you for participating and feel free to come by anytime to congregate with us! :)

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Fellow Atariage member and Neo-Geo contributer Aaron from "Aaron Classic Gamer" is now on Twitch and Hitbox with live stream accounts. Nicely done Aaron to see you on there. I wish I had the cool gadgets to do live streams. But I can chat with you online on both! Maybe in the future I can! :)

Keep up the awesome work my friend!

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Well, I'm back on a neo geo kick again. Today I took the plunge, and ordered my first neo beat'em up, Sengoku.

It looks like a pretty basic game, but I somehow never picked anything in the genre. Punching and walking to the right has never really been 100% 'my thing,' but we'll see how this one goes. On the neo, I'd say that I'd probably rather play Mutation Nation or Robo Army--the themes are more my style, but I've got to start somewhere and the price was right on sengoku.

One of the things that really unnecessarily bothers me about the game is how the main character doesn't pick his feet up even slightly in his walking animation. He just shuffles along.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 2

Well, I'm back on a neo geo kick again. Today I took the plunge, and ordered my first neo beat'em up, Sengoku.

It looks like a pretty basic game, but I somehow never picked anything in the genre. Punching and walking to the right has never really been 100% 'my thing,' but we'll see how this one goes. On the neo, I'd say that I'd probably rather play Mutation Nation or Robo Army--the themes are more my style, but I've got to start somewhere and the price was right on sengoku.

One of the things that really unnecessarily bothers me about the game is how the main character doesn't pick his feet up even slightly in his walking animation. He just shuffles along.

Hey Reaper,

I love the Sengoku series. Mainly the 2nd one. Spent plenty of quarters at the arcade when the 1st one came out! Wanted to get the 2nd and 3rd ones for the AES. But they really went up in value!

Anthony...

Hey Reaper,

I love the Sengoku series. Mainly the 2nd one. Spent plenty of quarters at the arcade when the 1st one came out! Wanted to get the 2nd and 3rd ones for the AES. But they really went up in value!

Anthony...

I don't know how you do it Anthony. The AES is just way out of my league, and I love being able to take the MVS carts to big Red or to my CMVS. It blows my mind how expensive some of those AES games are now-a-days. Power to you!

• Like 2

I don't know how you do it Anthony. The AES is just way out of my league, and I love being able to take the MVS carts to big Red or to my CMVS. It blows my mind how expensive some of those AES games are now-a-days. Power to you!

Hi Jarrod,

I believe it had to do with the passion I had with the AES since I was a boy. I was strongly convinced that the AES was the best system that money could buy at the time. It put the Genesis, SNES, and the TG-16 to shame because of how powerful this console was. It duplicated and didn't port their MVS titles over to the AES. That was truly groundbreaking for its time.

Another reason was that it was expensive. When I was searching for one in stores, it felt like a mysterious possession to own because must acknowledged that the system exist, but many never seen one because it was only for the 1%. Usually when something is restrictive, the person will become more determined to have it (like me for instance). Of course, I didn't purchased one till I was in college, but after saving money and patiently waiting for a good bargain. I finally owned one! :)

Anthony...

Some GREAT news today. SNK has announced that they're gonna pull out of the pachislot business and gonna refocus on their console and mobile gaming divisions.

http://dreamcancel.com/2015/11/02/snk-playmore-officially-withdraws-from-pachislot-busines

Thanks meh for posting the news.

I always thought the Pachislot was an interesting venture for SNK/P. The establishment went with a popular trend and establish themselves with it.

Yet, let's not forget.. the company started in 1978 because of video games being a popular trend in Japan!

But the good news is that they will focus back on its original concepts on video games now that the company will be doing more business with the Chinese, I hope this will be a step in the right direction!

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Fellow Atariage member and Neo-Geo contributer Aaron from "Aaron Classic Gamer" is now on Twitch and Hitbox with live stream accounts. Nicely done Aaron to see you on there. I wish I had the cool gadgets to do live streams. But I can chat with you online on both! Maybe in the future I can! :)

Keep up the awesome work my friend!

Anthony...

Anthony,

Thanks for posting my new live stream videos! I have a long way to go until they look presentable but it is a learning process. Thank you for the support! I hope you can join me next time and chat, It would be fun! Thankfully my buddy at Renegade Computer Tech helped me out getting the streams running ok, he is an awesome guy and great fellow gamer! I hope everyone likes the new style of videos, I'm going to keep doing the 1 credit gameplay vids and the Gaming with a Buddy episodes! I hope everyone likes the new content!!!

Happy Gaming

-Aaron

Edited by aaronclassicgamer
  • Like 1

Anthony,

Thanks for posting my new live stream videos! I have a long way to go until they look presentable but it is a learning process. Thank you for the support! I hope you can join me next time and chat, It would be fun! Thankfully my buddy at Renegade Computer Tech helped me out, he is an awesome guy and great fellow gamer! I hope everyone likes the new style of videos, I'm going to keep doing the 1 credit gameplay vids and the Gaming with a Buddy episodes! I hope everyone likes the new content!!!

Happy Gaming

-Aaron

Hi Aaron,

Glad to see you with Twitch & Hotbox. More than thrilled to post them on here to give more support to your channel Aaron.

Yeah, the next time your up doing any future live streams, I'll be stopping by to chat with you. Renegade Computer Tech (Htaed7) also helped me as well on creating a Twitch & Hitbox account. Great guy and gamer that also published a few Neo-Geo videos that I posted here on the thread for him. Will be glad to chat with you both.

Happy that you will still be doing those spectacular 1 credit runs. The one with your friend doing the X-Men run was hilarious :lol:

Can't wait to see those vids like that again! :-D

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

This morning, were with a channel called, "White Boy Gaming". After having a conversation in his comment section the gentleman had a big interest in the Neo-Geo. So he uploaded a video of Ninja Combat, a classic and early title for both the MVS & AES. Enjoy.

Anthony...

• Like 1

See, I like Samurai Shodown IV, but I think it's an unfortunate departure from what made the SamSho games so refreshingly different from other fighters. The first two games were about finding holes in your opponent's defense and driving a sword through them. Three or four hits are usually enough to end a round, and deaths only occurred from landing a fatal blow over the course of a fight. SamSho IV threw in a lot of unnecessary trendy junk (fatalities? Combos?!) and doubled the length of the life bars so that taking a blade to the gut is no longer the threat it once was. It's still good, but it took the series down a dark path, leading to the bloat that was in Tenkaichi and especially the despicable Samurai Shodown Sen.

For the sake of disclosure, I played the Saturn version of IV a lot more than the Neo-Geo/arcade version. But I really don't think that matters all that much... it was a pretty close translation.

Hi Jess,

I tried the Saturn version as well. I was also impressed on how that port was excellent for its time. Maybe I should take a look a look at it once more and play it! :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

This evening, fellow Atariage members, aaronclassicgamer (Aaron), Htaed7 (Noel), and myself (Anthony) :-D, had a great night on Hitbox with popular Neo-Geo games for an hour, The titles that Aaron played were amazing and glad I started a Hitbox & Twitch account. Will be certainly back online on both accounts.

The games involved are as followed.

Metal Slug 5

The Last Blade 2

Viewpoint

Last Resort

Baseball Stars 2

Aero Fifhters 2

The Super Spy

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQYTlJ2OvwytiREkl6odn5A/videos

Anthony...

Hi guys,

This evening, fellow Atariage members, aaronclassicgamer (Aaron), Htaed7 (Noel), and myself (Anthony) :-D, had a great night on Hitbox with popular Neo-Geo games for an hour, The titles that Aaron played were amazing and glad I started a Hitbox & Twitch account. Will be certainly back online on both accounts.

The games involved are as followed.

Metal Slug 5

The Last Blade 2

Viewpoint

Last Resort

Baseball Stars 2

Aero Fifhters 2

The Super Spy

Anthony...

Whoops, here's the correct link

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

Back again with Ronnie from White Boy Gaming. After having a few conversations in his comment section, Ronnie is willing to do more Neo-Geo videos. Today, he's going to play Mutation Nation. A timeless classic brawler that never gets old and worth every dime spent into it.

Thanks Ronnie. Looking forward to all your future vids coming up!

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

This evening, were with a gentleman by the name of Cyrus Martin. Cyrus is a video gamer that enjoys the Neo-Geo as much as we do. As a matter of fact, he mention that one of his favorite arcade games that he was passionate about when he was younger was NAM 1975 for the Neo-Geo. I concur on the subject being a memorable classic and a reminder the awesomeness of what the Neo-Geo launch titles had to offer back when it was released. Sit back and relax guys. Its a great video to view. :)

Anthony...