IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hey guys. Has anyone seen those Pandora's box 4's? Interested in buying one (which may be hard as I refuse to buy from aliexpress since they sell cc info). But I like what it offers and the price is hard to beat. Someone is selling one with a supergun / two player joystick and I have to say ....I want it haha.

Hi Alex,

I heard of it, but with mixed reviews . But $80 dollars does sound like a steal, I'll post some videos to see if it will boost your confidence level on purchasing one! :)

Anthony...

Hi guys,

For those that' are interested, a Kinf of Fighters Anime and live action Television drama was annonced for the franchise. Here more to find out.

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/01/11/king-fighters-anime-live-action-tv-drama-announced/

The King of Fighters Anime And Live-Action TV Drama Announced

By Sato . January 11, 2016 . 2:00am

image: http://www.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/maxresdefault_thumb-2.jpg

maxresdefault_thumb-2.jpg

Chinese publishers 37Games announced today that The King of Fighters anime adaptation and live-action TV drama is in the works. [Thanks, Hachima.]

According to company founder Li Yi Fei, the live-action TV drama and anime will start out in Japan, South Korea, Southeast Asia, and other parts of Asia, with plans for a release in North America.

image: http://www.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/190f69fb_thumb.jpg

190f69fb_thumb.jpg

He also said that the live-action TV show isn’t easy, as they’ll need to make it into something that is acceptable for the existing fans, but they’re working on getting it broadcasted on TV soon.

[Top image from The King of Fighters XIV.]

Anthony...

Hi there all,

Here's a short snippet of Blue's Journey on the MVS. There's also a quick peak at the CMVS I reviewed way back. The setup for broadcast is somewhat convoluted. My current broadcasts will consist of the Neo Geo X with some commentary much like this, as always they'll be snippets exported to YouTube.

• Like 1

Hi there all,

Here's a short snippet of Blue's Journey on the MVS. There's also a quick peak at the CMVS I reviewed way back. The setup for broadcast is somewhat convoluted. My current broadcasts will consist of the Neo Geo X with some commentary much like this, as always they'll be snippets exported to YouTube.

Thank you Ash for posting your Blues Journey video. I personally like your type of style with others do their streams when you can see the game, the player and the comment section all at the same time.

Blue's Journey is from the humble days of the Neo-Geo that i always reminisce on retracing the its days when it was starting out. So much potential for its time that shows it to this day.

If your interested, 2 companies are making new titles for the Neo-Geo AES and MVS. The first one is a German developer called NGDEVTEAM and the second is an American developer called Neobitz. I'll provide you both links to see more from them for you.

http://ngdevteam.com/

http://neobitz.com/KnightsChance

I posted these before. Here is my pictures regarding there games that was available just recently for the Neo-Geo. These are the AES versions.

From NGDEVTEAM,

Gunlord CE.

Fast Striker LE (due to prolong development, Ng Dev added additional goods for waiting time).

Neo XYX LE.

Last Hope Pink Bullets LE.

Razion CE.

From Neobitz,

Knight's Chance . Cart No.#100/100

Crossed Swords II.

I have the 2nd print of Crossed Swords II that I will take a picture and show it to Jeff Kurtz at Neobitz's Facebook page. NG Dev Team already has it up on FB and Twitter regarding their titles!

Anthony...

Attached Thumbnails

• post-12863-885829_thumb.jpg
  • post-12863-0-28160000-1443988788_thumb.j
  • post-12863-0-80604200-1443988835_thumb.j

Oh boy! I'm very aware of these companies. I could never afford the prices but when I could they were sold out :(

I was really keen to get a copy of Knight's Chance and Crissed Swords 2. As I don't own the NGCD I'm sure it'll be a lot of luck before I see it.

What I'd really like to get is an mvs version of Ironclad that was on the Wii - but that's few and far between also.

What did you make of NG:DEV works? I'm still not so sure with Gunlord etc, because I feel such a strong love for Turrican which this looks to be based on. I need to play to form a proper valid opinion. More games for MVS is never a bad thing though :D

Edited by RetroGamingBlog
  • Like 1

Oh boy! I'm very aware of these companies. I could never afford the prices but when I could they were sold out :(

I was really keen to get a copy of Knight's Chance and Crissed Swords 2. As I don't own the NGCD I'm sure it'll be a lot of luck before I see it.

What I'd really like to get is an mvs version of Ironclad that was on the Wii - but that's few and far between also.

What did you make of NG:DEV works? I'm still not so sure with Gunlord etc, because I feel such a strong love for Turrican which this looks to be based on. I need to play to form a proper valid opinion. More games for MVS is never a bad thing though :D

Hi Ash,

My favorite so far out of all 5 is Gunlord. its was an excellent game and great tribute to Turrican. Seeing that you enjoy Turrican, Gunlord will be to your liking. Overall NG Dev teams games are worth purchasing and you'll enjoy them. Timm Hellwig has been hinting that a Gunlord 2 is quite possible in the future. I would love to get my hands on a copy like that! :)

As for Neobitz, same thing! Great game with Knight's Chance and that was a fun gambling title in which you never seen on the Neo with a medieval touch to it. Crossed Swords II is amazing with the help of Razoola and Jeff Kurtz making it all possible for us to enjoy! Neobitz is currently working on an upcoming title as we speck. more information will be announced soon!

One of our active members named Jarrod from Project COE was the first to show a review of Knight's Change for the MVS. If you like, I can post it for you. He did an excellent review that will be to your liking! :)

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hey everybody,

Here is the Neo Geo Challenge Week 5, I play KOF 99, I enjoy this but it seems it is trying too hard to be better than its older brother KOF 98! I am on the fence about the 4th team member and just don't use that character out of habit I guess! Oh well guys happy gaming and please upload your videos to participate in the challenge!!! Happy Gaming!

-Aaron Classic Gaming

Edited by aaronclassicgamer
  • Like 1

Hey everybody,

Here is the Neo Geo Challenge Week 5, I play KOF 99, I enjoy this but it seems it is trying too hard to be better than its older brother KOF 98! I am on the fence about the 4th team member and just don't use that character out of habit I guess! Oh well guys happy gaming and please upload your videos to participate in the challenge!!! Happy Gaming!

-Aaron Classic Gaming

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for starting off week 5 of the Neo-Geo challege. KOF '99 is a fun title that had lots to offer. I liked the character select music and the graphic display on the background stages which is amazing during the garden and airport stages. Still, I feel that KOF '98 is a better title. But 99 is a fun title that also has great artwork for the characters as well! Its up there with my top King of Fighters list with 98 and XIII.

Thank you as always Aaron. Keep up the great work!

Anthony...

Hi everyone! I just thinking about something I thought I'd post here. Anthony had asked me if I had any memories with the Neo Geo, and that got me thinking about just that. The short answer is I don't. I had only heard of the Neo Geo for a long time and didn't know much about it. I many have played on MVS unit before, but I'm not sure. I knew much more about the AES, but I thought of it is a holy grail console that had games the cost a fortune that were great but extremely rare. What I have always wanted however was an arcade cabinet. I also thought of owning a cabinet as a "holy grail" of sorts and I didn't know that it was really possible to acquire one. When I found out if I really put in some time and effort I could have one I was amazed! I immediately thought about what kind of unit I might want. I quickly thought of common games that I always enjoyed like Pac-Man and Donkey Kong. But I quickly realized once the novelty of an arcade machine wore off, I was paying a lot of money for only one game if I bought a normal cabinet. This is when I came across the Neo Geo again. A cabinet that had interchangeable cartridges was perfect! I quickly found that there were many great games on the MVS I had completely overlooked because of the prices of their AES counterparts. I can't wait to play Blue's Journey, Bust-A-Move, Metal Slug, Windjammers, King of Fighters, and many other fantastic games on real hardware and a legitimate arcade machine. So there's my story. A bit different than you might expect, but everyone takes their own path ;).

Thanks for reading a full paragraph of my ramblings!

KreatorKat

• Like 2

Hi everyone! I just thinking about something I thought I'd post here. Anthony had asked me if I had any memories with the Neo Geo, and that got me thinking about just that. The short answer is I don't. I had only heard of the Neo Geo for a long time and didn't know much about it. I many have played on MVS unit before, but I'm not sure. I knew much more about the AES, but I thought of it is a holy grail console that had games the cost a fortune that were great but extremely rare. What I have always wanted however was an arcade cabinet. I also thought of owning a cabinet as a "holy grail" of sorts and I didn't know that it was really possible to acquire one. When I found out if I really put in some time and effort I could have one I was amazed! I immediately thought about what kind of unit I might want. I quickly thought of common games that I always enjoyed like Pac-Man and Donkey Kong. But I quickly realized once the novelty of an arcade machine wore off, I was paying a lot of money for only one game if I bought a normal cabinet. This is when I came across the Neo Geo again. A cabinet that had interchangeable cartridges was perfect! I quickly found that there were many great games on the MVS I had completely overlooked because of the prices of their AES counterparts. I can't wait to play Blue's Journey, Bust-A-Move, Metal Slug, Windjammers, King of Fighters, and many other fantastic games on real hardware and a legitimate arcade machine. So there's my story. A bit different than you might expect, but everyone takes their own path ;).

KreatorKat

My earliest memories were seeing the adverts for the console and games in NRG. NRG was a stockist only and you'd order via telephone. It was great for imports. The games for Neo Geo seemed insanely expensive, that was when i became first aware. I read about all the games in Mean Machines' UK magazine, but I never felt left out as I had a Megadrive. I frequented the arcades a lot, and I'd always played Samurai Shodown and Metal Slug.

The brutal advertising campaigns they ran were very memorable. Gamesmaster started life as a UK show under Newland productions and they also showed some Neo Geo games, far few and between, but when they broadcast boy did it look amazing!

Only over the last 2 years have I actively started bringing the Neo games into my home on their hardware. I support SNKP where possible through steam and online sales because I have a huge respect for their company ethos and I would like to see them push some quality games out today. That doesn't look likely to me yet, but I hope to be proved wrong! :D

• Like 1

KreatorKat

That's quite an amazing story that you have to say Kat. Its always wonderful to read others personal background with the Neo-Geo and how they inspire other to seek and they shall find! I hope one they your gorls on purchasing a Neo-Geo MVS cabinet will be your crowning achievement in video game collecting. We can't wait to see that day happen Kat.

Thank you for posting this! :)

Anthony...

• Like 1

My earliest memories were seeing the adverts for the console and games in NRG. NRG was a stockist only and you'd order via telephone. It was great for imports. The games for Neo Geo seemed insanely expensive, that was when i became first aware. I read about all the games in Mean Machines' UK magazine, but I never felt left out as I had a Megadrive. I frequented the arcades a lot, and I'd always played Samurai Shodown and Metal Slug.

The brutal advertising campaigns they ran were very memorable. Gamesmaster started life as a UK show under Newland productions and they also showed some Neo Geo games, far few and between, but when they broadcast boy did it look amazing!

Only over the last 2 years have I actively started bringing the Neo games into my home on their hardware. I support SNKP where possible through steam and online sales because I have a huge respect for their company ethos and I would like to see them push some quality games out today. That doesn't look likely to me yet, but I hope to be proved wrong! :D

Hi Ash,

Thank you for sharing your Neo-Geo memorize as well. I'm not too familiar of with many of the UK's popular video game media or video game publications. But seeing that they were considered memorable with you, that's astoning to read this. Always was interested on gaming out in the continent of Europe and what your fellow gamers had to offer. The video that you provided is really a high brow upload that attracted my attention right away! :)

As a mater of fact, we have many gamers that partake on Atariage that're from the UK, Australia, and New Zealand that come and post regularly on the Neo-Geo thread as well. Nice to see our fellow Neo-Geo players from Europe and Oceania enjoying the platforms. :)

Anthony...

Hi guys,

This morning, were back with Tony from electricadventures. Tony did a a great informative video of the Neo-Geo X a few years ago and since that he was kind to observe the Neo-Geo thread for his enjoyment, I wanted to continue showing his works for other to be delighted on what he has to offer to the community. :)

Anthony...

Hi guys,

This morning were with a gamer by the name of KidShoryuken doing a fun review regarding a shooter that on top of their Neo-Geo list, Last Resort. But instead of it being on the MVS or AES, this review will be done on the NGCD. Nicely done I must say and its been awhile since I've seen a CD version discussion on this game! :)

Anthony...

• Like 1

Well actually, I just bought one along with sonic pocket adventure. Should be coming in the mail soon! But I was wondering if you had some NGPC games for sale?

Hi Meh,

Glad that you purchased a NGPC with Sonic Pocket Adventure. Great game and you're going to enjoy it for sure. Unfortunately, I don't have any of my Neo-Geo stuff for sale like the NGPC in particular. Maybe you like to post a wanted ad on the marketplace section here on Atariage? I'm sure some of our members will be interested on selling some to you. :)

Anthony...

Hello all,

I'm posting to the community because I'm looking for some basic guidence in getting to grips with Samurai Shodown 3.

I've viewed a few YouTube videos but none present a 'how to play'.

I have no idea in the difference between the bust or slash mode or the guard stances. I'm lost on what the pow meter does and what kind of move to execute when it peaks.

I'm using Haohmaru as that was the character I used a lot in the arcades years ago - but SS3 seems worlds apart from the first game.

I'm playing off the bat in mvs mode and I struggle to get past the second fight.

Help!

Hello all,

I'm posting to the community because I'm looking for some basic guidence in getting to grips with Samurai Shodown 3.

I've viewed a few YouTube videos but none present a 'how to play'.

I have no idea in the difference between the bust or slash mode or the guard stances. I'm lost on what the pow meter does and what kind of move to execute when it peaks.

I'm using Haohmaru as that was the character I used a lot in the arcades years ago - but SS3 seems worlds apart from the first game.

I'm playing off the bat in mvs mode and I struggle to get past the second fight.

Help!

Hi Ash,

I found a video of SS3 to help with the How to Play section of the game in English.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNDhffWymj8

As for the Bust and Slash mode here's more from Wikipedia to help you

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samurai_Shodown_III#Gameplay

• "Slash: Known to the Japanese as Shura (修羅), from Sanskrit word "Asura" Originally, in Brahmanism and Hinduism, a devil who love to fight by nature.It is occasionally mistranslated as "Chivalry", and implies a regular fighter (compare a face in professional wrestling). This version tended to be the closest in style and moves to the Samurai Shodown II version of the character.
  • Bust: Known to the Japanese as Rasetsu (羅刹), which is a derivation of the Sanskrit word, "rakshasa", in reference to a type of demon of black body (hence, the darker skin of bust characters). It is occasionally mistranslated as "Treachery", implying a rulebreaking heel version of the character. This version typically differed considerably from its Slash counterpart in gameplay, though it visually did not look different beyond its color palette. The fighter Nakoruru is the only notable exception to this. The "Slash" version of her character is accompanied by her pet hawk, Mamahaha, as in the two previous SS games. Her "Bust" version, however, is accompanied by her pet wolf,Shikuru. (Like with Mamahaha, she is able to hop onto Shikuruu's back and perform modified attacks.) Galford in his "Bust" version fights without his dog, Poppy for the first time in the game.

Also, the button layout was changed, mapping the first three of the four available buttons to weak, medium and strong slash attacks, respectively. The fourth button was used for kick attacks.

The pace of the game shifted somewhat, as many basic attacks could now be canceled into special moves, something which was extremely rare in the first two installments. Most ofSamurai Shodown 2's movement options had been removed, in favor of the ability to dodge attacks by pressing the A and B buttons simultaneously. When close, performing this command results in a quick switch-around to the opponent's back, which can then be followed up by other attacks. It is also possible to block attacks in mid-air. Items are also thrown onto the battlefield from off-screen as opposed from a delivery man running in the background."

Hope this helps you :)

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

This morning, were with a gentleman by the name of The Kaylied Gamer. An interesting fellow that enjoy's the the Neo-Geo just like us and wanted to express is passion for the Neo-Geo. So the kind sir is popping in Ninja Combat for the AES and having a blast playing it. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jKycLmzFBc

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Back again with KidShoryuken doing another fun Neo-Geo titles. Today we will see him do a finely detail review on Ninja Commando for the NGCD. A particular Run n Gun that was certainly out of the ordinary, but it was a fun game to play and past the time. :)

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Back again with Richard Evans showing his latest on his Neo-Geo MVS and his custom work that was done on his unit with EL panels and marquees that at a nice touch to the cabinet that makes it look perfect for it. Nice job Richard! :)

From his description section,

"This video shows the reproduction EL panels by http://www.surelight.com/ running in test mode on my Neo Geo MVS. I've inserted the Mini Marquees to show how they look when lit by these new panels"

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Back again with Richard Evans showing his latest on his Neo-Geo MVS and his custom work that was done on his unit with EL panels and marquees that at a nice touch to the cabinet that makes it look perfect for it. Nice job Richard! :)

From his description section,

"This video shows the reproduction EL panels by http://www.surelight.com/ running in test mode on my Neo Geo MVS. I've inserted the Mini Marquees to show how they look when lit by these new panels"

Anthony...

It looks beautiful! Nice work!

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

Back again with The Kaylied Gamer. After doing a successful run with Ninja Commando, the gentleman continues on with Samurai Shodown for the AES.

I personally enjoy his setup in regards of starting the video with a past issue magazine for the game and work yourself with the actual title. Another upload that shows the passion from Kaylied Gamer that continues to show his productivity in video games in general. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdBJi8QWyuc

Anthony...

Hi guys,

This morning, were with a gamer by the name of Josh Cobra. Josh was inspired to do video just like the rest of the contributers here on the Neo-Geo thread. So, to show what he enjoys doing, he did a cool video regarding the original Metal Slug for us to enjoy.

Anthony...