IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Is there any way to tell if an MVS cart is a bootleg? I've seen a few decent auctions on eBay for carts I would like to have, but I want to avoid bootlegs, obviously.

Hi Bix,

Yes there is, but here's a video to also show you how to open, clean, and to check the authenticity of the game as well. Is instead of 1 step, you have 3 steps to help you once you receive them! :)

Also, here's the websites to check periodically of all the sans of the actual MVS broads. So when you have doubts of the game once you have possession, you can find out at anytime you wish. Also. check the labels to se if they look real or tampered. That's also a sign to be concerned about!

http://mvs.gotwalls.com/index.php/Main_Page

Anthony...

• Like 1

Is there any way to tell if an MVS cart is a bootleg? I've seen a few decent auctions on eBay for carts I would like to have, but I want to avoid bootlegs, obviously.

Yes! When your cart arrives, open up the four Phillips screws on the back and gently open the cartridge. Slide out the boards and check them against the ones on mvs-scans.com. If they're a match, you're good to go! If not, simply open an eBay case or message the seller about their fake goods.

Hope this helps :).

• Like 3

Yes! When your cart arrives, open up the four Phillips screws on the back and gently open the cartridge. Slide out the boards and check them against the ones on mvs-scans.com. If they're a match, you're good to go! If not, simply open an eBay case or message the seller about their fake goods.

Hope this helps :).

Nicely said Justin. :)

Thank you for helping out and posting on the thread as always my good man! :)

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Back again with fellow Atariage member Jarrod from Project COE doing another fantastic gameplay and review video. Today, were going to see King of Fighters XI for the Atomiswave. Another fun title that helped make the Atomiswave a unit to be routinized and enjoyed. Personally I thought XIII was better on the Taito X2 unit, but XI does show itself as a worthy title to enjoy. :)

Thank you as always Jarrod! :)

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

This morning were with the YouTube channel known as, Retrolovers. Here we see a gentleman playing Waku Waku 7 for the MVS with an amazing score of 18,390,600. WOW.. Nicely done I must say. I wish I can get a score like that! :)

Anthony...

Hi guys,

This afternoon, I decided to play a game, I haven't played in years. Its King of Fighters 95 for the Game Boy.

Wow, I use to love playing this when I was in Jr High School back when I was growing up. I thought I lost this game and never would see it again. Glad to see this oldie and enjoying it like I did 20 years ago.!!! Takara did a great job developing this little gem of a treasure that's for sure. :)

SFII and Mortal Kombat series for the GB was fine, but this really blew me away!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_DFuXLbLY0

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

Back again with fellow Atariage member Jarrod from Project COE doing another fantastic gameplay and review video. Today, were going to see King of Fighters XI for the Atomiswave. Another fun title that helped make the Atomiswave a unit to be routinized and enjoyed. Personally I thought XIII was better on the Taito X2 unit, but XI does show itself as a worthy title to enjoy. :)

Thank you as always Jarrod! :)

Anthony...

Such a great game! I hope to one day add this to my Atomiswave collection! But, I'm biased I love anything KOF really!

• Like 1

Hi guys,

This afternoon, I decided to play a game, I haven't played in years. Its King of Fighters 95 for the Game Boy.

Wow, I use to love playing this when I was in Jr High School back when I was growing up. I thought I lost this game and never would see it again. Glad to see this oldie and enjoying it like I did 20 years ago.!!! Takara did a great job developing this little gem of a treasure that's for sure. :)

SFII and Mortal Kombat series for the GB was fine, but this really blew me away!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_DFuXLbLY0

Anthony...

Anthony,

What a great memory bro! This is why we game the way it made us feel when we were younger! For the love of gaming!

Happy Gaming

-Aaron

• Like 1

Anthony,

What a great memory bro! This is why we game the way it made us feel when we were younger! For the love of gaming!

Happy Gaming

-Aaron

So true Aaron.

Games like this, is way was have a passion for what we do. And we continue to into the future for the love that we have for the Neo-Geo and other great systems and games! :)

Thank you as always bro! :)

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Back with fellow Atariage member, Aaron from Aaron Classic Gamer with his Neo-Geo weekly challenge. We made up to week 10 with Aaron doing quality 1 credit play through vids, and now we will see him in action with Mutation Nation. :thumbsup:

Great game, fun game, classic game and always a pleasure playing continuously with it. Thank you Aaron as always :)

From the description,

So this is week 9 of the Neo Geo Challenge, I said 10 my bad! So I put in a credit and throw down the gauntlet to be beaten; which should not be too hard this week lol! So I invite all the Classic Gameraholics to play the classic on whatever system you have and the cream should rise to the top ooooooooooohhhhhhh Yeeeaaaaahhhh! This is a classic beat em up from 1992 from SNK, two buttons of Macho Madness to contend with, so play it and dig it brother! Remember to LIKE, SUBSCRIBE, AND COMMENT!!!! Happy Gaming!

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Hi everyone! Yesterday, I finally received my MVS machine :rolling: ! Friday was mostly spent testing all of the games and cleaning them. It's insane how dirty the contacts on some of them were. Testing and working where, Mars :P ? Some turned 10+ q-tips (both ends) completely black. Once that was sorted out, I finally got to play some games :-D ! Predictably, my favorite was Bust-A-Move since I love puzzle games and I'm not quite as bad at them as I am at some other games :dunce: . I also really enjoyed Metal Slug (duh) and a surprise favorite of mine was Aero Fighters 2, which came with the machine. It's a neat (and pretty tough) little shooter. I can't wait to see what the future holds for what other great games I find on the system. Happy gaming everyone!

KreatorKat

• Like 3

Hi guys,

Back with fellow Atariage member, Aaron from Aaron Classic Gamer with his Neo-Geo weekly challenge. We made up to week 10 with Aaron doing quality 1 credit play through vids, and now we will see him in action with Mutation Nation. :thumbsup:

Great game, fun game, classic game and always a pleasure playing continuously with it. Thank you Aaron as always :)

From the description,

So this is week 9 of the Neo Geo Challenge, I said 10 my bad! So I put in a credit and throw down the gauntlet to be beaten; which should not be too hard this week lol! So I invite all the Classic Gameraholics to play the classic on whatever system you have and the cream should rise to the top ooooooooooohhhhhhh Yeeeaaaaahhhh! This is a classic beat em up from 1992 from SNK, two buttons of Macho Madness to contend with, so play it and dig it brother! Remember to LIKE, SUBSCRIBE, AND COMMENT!!!! Happy Gaming![/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmLI3IOnj1U

Anthony...

Thank you for posting this, I was drinking beer, fixing an arcade machine, and watching old Mach Man Randy Savage promos.......hence the weird description hehehehe! A great beat em up that I play quite regularly, a stiff challenge but always fun! Enjoy and beat my score the gauntlet has been thrown down! Happy Gaming you Classic Gameraholics!

-Aaron Classic Gamer

• Like 1

Hi everyone! Yesterday, I finally received my MVS machine :rolling: ! Friday was mostly spent testing all of the games and cleaning them. It's insane how dirty the contacts on some of them were. Testing and working where, Mars :P ? Some turned 10+ q-tips (both ends) completely black. Once that was sorted out, I finally got to play some games :-D ! Predictably, my favorite was Bust-A-Move since I love puzzle games and I'm not quite as bad at them as I am at some other games :dunce: . I also really enjoyed Metal Slug (duh) and a surprise favorite of mine was Aero Fighters 2, which came with the machine. It's a neat (and pretty tough) little shooter. I can't wait to see what the future holds for what other great games I find on the system. Happy gaming everyone!

KreatorKat

Awesome pickups man! These are some of my all time favorite Neo Geo titles, I hope these titles give you years of enjoyment! Getting g a Neo Geo MVS was probably the high point in collecting games for me, I imagine you are on cloud 9! Enjoy and Happy Gaming!

-Aaron Clasic Gamer

• Like 2

KreatorKat

Great stuff! Can't wait for my CMVS to arrive. Have fun!

• Like 2

Thank you for posting this, I was drinking beer, fixing an arcade machine, and watching old Mach Man Randy Savage promos.......hence the weird description hehehehe! A great beat em up that I play quite regularly, a stiff challenge but always fun! Enjoy and beat my score the gauntlet has been thrown down! Happy Gaming you Classic Gameraholics!

-Aaron Classic Gamer

You're welcome Aaron.

Thank you for doing another fun title with Mutation Nation and continuing with the Neo-Geo weekly challenge. Can't wait to see what you have planned for next week bro. :)

Anthony

KreatorKat

Hi Justin,

Were thrilled to know that you received your MVS unit and having a blast playing it. Having this unit in your possession is a step into the right direction to help satisfy your Neo-Geo needs. We hope that are list of games that we posted here on the thread will assist you on purchasing more MVS cartridges in the future. :)

Maybe when your fully settled in with the unit, we would love to see your cabinet and maybe a video of you in action with a title that you enjoy the most.

Congrats on your unit once again Justin. Hope it will give you years of entertainment! :)

Anthony...

• Like 2

Howdy, back with another question as I prepare for my CMVS. I was reading up on an RacketBoy article, and came across this tidbit:

Region-Free: Though region-locking had become common practice, any Neo Geo cartridge can play on either a US or JP console. This is especially notable because the Japanese versions of these games are often cheaper than their US counterparts. Interestingly, the region setting of the console determines the region setting of the game. As usual for the time, PAL consoles have complications due to operating at 50MHz at full screen.

Does this mean that I can purchase a Japanese game, and it'll play in English on my CMVS? If so, I'm definitely going that route to save money whenever I can.

Thanks!

Edited by Bixler
  • Like 1

Howdy, back with another question as I prepare for my CMVS. I was reading up on an RacketBoy article, and came across this tidbit:

Does this mean that I can purchase a Japanese game, and it'll play in English on my CMVS? If so, I'm definitely going that route to save money whenever I can.

Thanks!

Yes :)! Japanese mvs games play 100 percent on any mvs motherboard, due to the fact that the mvs has no region lock. It's a great way to save money on certain games :rolling:

• Like 2